PDA

View Full Version : Truth Data provided by Walmart

bowietx
07-23-13, 22:19
After pondering how much powder costs had gone up from the manufacturer, I entered Walmart and discovered that the 4lbs of Titegroup that I picked up were $17.97 apiece. My local gun stores are charging $28.95. It gave me some hope for the future knowing that while not as cheap as before the panic it certainly hasn't turned into unobtainium. If this is a better forum for this then please move, just thought some like me who haven't been able to buy powder without the markups would like to know where things stand.

cutter_spc
07-24-13, 01:53
You found reloading powder at Walmart?????

polymorpheous
07-24-13, 03:10

This.

My local gun store has #1 Titegroup cans for $18.95.

whick1
07-24-13, 06:34
my local WM has it also. They were putting in a new section for lots of new gun stuff on Monday. They had Lula style mag loaders, Surefire flashlights, MPro7 cleaning supplies, some decent looking AR red dots and scopes from Nikon and Bushnell. All at very reasonable prices plus gotta love their lax return policies.

Agnostic
07-24-13, 23:26
I can't speak for reloading components, but my LGS almost always comes in under Walmart prices for ammo. However, the local WM doesn't stock guns and rarely has much rifle ammo, mostly target shotgun loads on the shelves that never move.

m1a_scoutguy
07-24-13, 23:43

This.

My local gun store has #1 Titegroup cans for $18.95.

WTF,,,that's not fair !!! I friggin HATE Walley World,,,but would go there for reloading stuff !!!! My Local WW suck !!! :mad::mad:

Wake27
07-24-13, 23:44
my local WM has it also. They were putting in a new section for lots of new gun stuff on Monday. They had Lula style mag loaders, Surefire flashlights, MPro7 cleaning supplies, some decent looking AR red dots and scopes from Nikon and Bushnell. All at very reasonable prices plus gotta love their lax return policies.

Wow. I wish.

danpass
07-25-13, 09:47
Wow. I wish.
this

You know how many of the 15 WMs in South Florida are good?

None of them.

1_click_off
07-27-13, 20:35
I too wish my WM carried powder and other cool stuff.

If a hurricane enters the gulf, they stop selling ammo. All the Governor has to do is declare a state of emergency and they lock it down.

obucina
07-27-13, 20:52
this

You know how many of the 15 WMs in South Florida are good?

None of them.

there has got to be more suckage than just 15! there are 6 in just palm beach county! but, so long as they exist i can shop target and publix in peace. i even found my stolen truck at wal mart.

GunnutAF
07-31-13, 17:38
Ours used to sell primers and powders not any more been so for about 5 years!:mad: