PDA

View Full Version : before the price spike and madness, how much was the FS2000?

italius222
07-25-13, 09:57
Specifically i was wondering how much the FN FS2000 TACTICAL, the 16" barrel model, was going for before the scare.?

Ick
07-25-13, 10:16
I am going to guess near $2,000. Probably the only way to know for sure is to fish through old posts in this section:

FS2000 forum
http://fnforum.net/forums/f7/

FN Markeplace
http://fnforum.net/forums/f6/

BTL BRN
07-25-13, 10:27
A few have popped up in my AO for around $2500, which is a couple hundred lower than they were a few months ago.

RearwardAssist
07-25-13, 11:12
One is/was not sure if its gone yet selling on my local boards for 1700 if Im not mistaken which is what I remember them being about. 16-1900

RearwardAssist
07-25-13, 11:15
http://www.arizonashooting.com/v3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=180050&p=1261359&hilit=fs2000#p1261359

yep here it is 1700 and looks like he would be negotiable.

Just realized you said tactical not really familiar with FN offerings so I am sure it would be more expensive.

Vash1023
07-25-13, 11:18
the correct answer is WORTHLESS ...

dont waste your money on junk.

B Cart
07-25-13, 11:20
A few have popped up in my AO for around $2500, which is a couple hundred lower than they were a few months ago.

At $2,500, you might as well get a Tavor for not much more.

If you can pick one up for the $1,700 range like mentioned, that might be worth it. I'm not big on bullpups, but I have shot the FS2000, PS90, and Aug. I've handled a Tavor at a LGS, but haven't shot one yet. But from the reviews, and handling one briefly, I think I would get a Tavor if I wanted a bullpup.

italius222
07-25-13, 11:52
It seems that alot of u are mentioning the prices now. Im asking what the prices used to be

italius222
07-25-13, 11:56
Looks like it used to be 1300-1500 new before the scare. And the other models 1600-1800 Ty ick

italius222
07-25-13, 12:05

Y do u hate it so much?

italius222
07-25-13, 15:58
Also is the tavor, not the fs2000, available with a muzzle brake or do i need to send it to our friend at adco to replace the FH? And what US company manufacturers them?

B Cart
07-25-13, 16:12
Also is the tavor, not the fs2000, available with a muzzle brake or do i need to send it to our friend at adco to replace the FH?

The one I handled had a standard A2 looking flash hider, but I have seen many online that had breaks. I believe the barrel is threaded so you can put whatever break you like on it. I'm sure you can get one with a break installed when you buy it if that's what you want.

Don Robison
07-25-13, 16:22
I bought on in Sept prior to SH. I paid $1500 at my local shop for an OD green one. A month or two prior to that they were running $1300-1400.
Out the door the price was just over $1600.

SteyrAUG
07-25-13, 17:10

I know I will regret asking, but what do you believe makes them junk?

italius222
07-25-13, 17:36

That's what im trying to figure out

italius222
07-25-13, 17:36
What US company is making the Tavor?

High Tower
07-25-13, 21:04
That's what im trying to figure out

Don't waste your time - haters gotta hate.

I think you'll find FS2000 prices all over the board. For awhile, they were around $2K. Then a bunch were sold for under $1500. I think mine was $1700 around 5 or 6 years ago.

Vash1023
07-26-13, 04:33

i believe they are an engineers wet dream, but fall short in reality.

-NO BOLT HOLD OPEN.... (idiotic)
-parts, while available, are expensive and a pain to get
-most malfunctions can be cleared by stripping the mag and racking the bolt, but more severe ones require disassembly.
-chamber access is limited
-The firing pin buffer spring may need to be removed before it will reliably ignite milsurp ammo
--needs the expensive ($160) tri-rail to be able to effectively mount a light/vertical grip
--the charging handle cant take (IMO) battlefield levels of abuse
-the trigger. Its mushy, Glock-like, but at least lighter than an AUG
-its thick, and the foregrip is quite fat. Ergonomic, but I don’t care for the look or feel of the foregrip.
-outrageous price for what you get.

Jaws
07-26-13, 08:39

-most malfunctions can be cleared by stripping the mag and racking the bolt, but more severe ones require disassembly.
-The firing pin buffer spring may need to be removed before it will reliably ignite milsurp ammo
--needs the expensive ($160) tri-rail to be able to effectively mount a light/vertical grip
-its thick, and the foregrip is quite fat. Ergonomic, but I don’t care for the look or feel of the foregrip.

Oh yeah. Every civilian firearm has to be "battlefield", zombie apocalypse and tacticool accessories ready, otherwise is junk. :rolleyes:
A civillian can't purchase a gun just to have fun at the range......

montanadave
07-26-13, 08:51
I took mine to a 2-day carbine course a couple of years ago and it functioned just fine (500-600 rds). No malfunctions other than those intentionally induced during failure drills. And certainly accurate enough for the class.

Yeah, it was one of those "that looks cool" purchases and I probably paid more than I should have but what can I say, I can be a tad impulsive at times.

And if you do take one to a class, the guy standing on your right is going to be your best friend because he never has to worry about any hot brass going down his shirt. :)

halmbarte
07-26-13, 13:05
I got mine for about $1500.

The only stoppages I've ever had (double feeds) we're when it was new and I wasn't seating the mags all the way. It was easy to clear:

1) Pull back CH and discover that it's free of tension for the first 2-3".
2) Resist urge to continue racking CH like a retard.
3) Remove mag.
4) Now run CH all the way back.
5) Watch 2 mangled cases drop out open mag well.
6) Insert mag.
7) Run CH to load and shoot.

As far as the lack of a BHO, it's intentional. The trigger pack is a obvious ripoff of the AUG trigger and the AUG has a BHO. I'm thinking the lack of a BHO is because the engineers didn't want to leave a empty brass case on the switch while the bolt was locked open, where it could fall off into the action.

H

SteyrAUG
07-27-13, 00:33

Every AK made doesn't have a bolt hold open.
Every rifle that ISN'T an AK or AR usually has expensive parts that can be hard to find.
I do agree that accessing the chamber can be a major PITA, it is what keeps this FN rifle from being a "serious use" rifle for me.
Never encountered any problems with milsurp ammo.
The rifle really isn't intended to have a VFG. That is kinda like me complaining that the AR sucks because I can't put a folding stock on it.
Charging handle seems low profile enough for me, I wonder how the select fire versions do with the limited military use they have seen.
I actually think the AUG trigger is better, but neither is as bad as most AK triggers and you don't hear people complaining about them.
I find the forend a tad wide but nothing unmanageable.
Saying a gun costs more than it should, probably applies to everything except Glocks.

And as is common, most of your criticisms aren't shortcomings or failures of the design but the fact that it simply isn't an AR or whatever the preferred weapon is of the average person dismissing a firearm as "junk."

While I have a few dislikes about the rifle too, it's a long way from "junk."

Don Robison
07-27-13, 00:47
Every rifle that ISN'T an AK or AR usually has expensive parts that can be hard to find.
I do agree that accessing the chamber can be a major PITA, it is what keeps this FN rifle from being a "serious use" rifle for me.
The rifle really isn't intended to have a VFG. That is kinda like me complaining that the AR sucks because I can't put a folding stock on it.
Charging handle seems low profile enough for me, I wonder how the select fire versions do with the limited military use they have seen.
I actually think the AUG trigger is better, but neither is as bad as most AK triggers and you don't hear people complaining about them.
Saying a gun costs more than it should, probably applies to everything except Glocks.

And as is common, most of your criticisms aren't shortcomings or failures of the design but the fact that it simply isn't an AR or whatever the preferred weapon is of the average person dismissing a firearm as "junk."

You saved me a bunch of typing.
The only thing to add is that the plastic charging handle knob can be replaced with an aluminum one for about same the cost of most quality AR charging handles. The FS2000 is the only long gun I have that I use a VFG with but the rail didn't cost me as much as any of the rails I have on my ARs and requires no tools to install.

Vash1023
07-27-13, 03:03
Saying a gun costs more than it should, probably applies to everything exceptGlocks.

Doesn't the fact that almost no military, government agency or police department uses them speak volumes about the platform?

ryr8828
07-27-13, 06:04
I gave $1500 for mine new. Couldn't fall in love with it, or any of the bullpups I ended up with (ps90, RFB) so I unloaded all of them at a tidy profit.

It was a cool experiment though, you never know until you try them out.

Ferris2son
07-27-13, 13:24
Doesn't the fact that almost no military, government agency or police department uses them speak volumes about the platform?

I believe they are used mostly in Europe.

I bought mine during the overstock days for $1435. Before that they were $1900. I sold it because I didn't like it, but it worked very well.

Vash1023
07-27-13, 15:49
I believe they are used mostly in Europe.

I bought mine during the overstock days for $1435. Before that they were $1900. I sold it because I didn't like it, but it worked very well.

I'm curious what you didn't like about?

Ferris2son
07-27-13, 23:52
I'm curious what you didn't like about?

I'm disabled and it didn't work for me. The trigger was difficult to operate reliably and bipods don't work very well.

All my shooting buddies liked it, so I sold it to one of them.

I must admit the forward ejection is totally cool and a feature that makes bullpups palatable for many shooters.

SteyrAUG
07-28-13, 01:37

Users

Belgium: Used by the Special Forces Group of the Belgian Armed Forces Land Component.[12][13]
Chile: Special forces.[14]
Croatia: The Croatian Army tested the rifle in 2006. As of 2008, the 1st Airborne Company of the Special Operations Battalion is the only army unit equipped with this weapon. According to unofficial estimates, 100 rifles have been purchased.[15]
India: Used by the Special Protection Group.[16]
Libya: Purchased 367 F2000 rifles along with other assorted lethal and non-lethal weapon systems from FN Herstal in 2008, and deliveries commenced in 2009.[17] In the 2011 Libyan civil war, Libyan rebel forces captured a number of these weapons from forces loyal to the Gaddafi regime.[18]
Nigeria: Department of State Services.[citation needed]
Pakistan: Used by SSW & the Pakistan Army. [14][19]
Peru: Special forces.[14]
Poland: In limited use by the GROM special forces group.[20][21]
Saudi Arabia: The Saudi Arabian National Guard purchased 55,000 rifles in 2005.[22][23]
Slovenia: In June 2006, the ministry of defence of the Republic of Slovenia signed a contract with FN Herstal involving the acquisition of 6,500 F2000 rifles as the new standard service rifle for the Slovenian Army (Slovenska vojska) along with the 40 mm GL1 grenade launcher.[24][25] This is arguably the first confirmed large-scale adoption for this rifle by a European and NATO member country. The Slovenian army will ultimately purchase 14,000 rifles.[26]

I also don't think many countries dump their currently supported rifle simply because FN invented a new one. The AR-18 for example was revolutionary and served as the operating system for many of today's most successful small arms and it was adopted by almost NOBODY because everyone was getting free or really cheap M-16s or AK-47s due to the Cold War.

The FN SCAR is considered to be one of the more advanced weapons today and it has a similarly short list of being adopted.

Users

France: RAID police unit[40] and COS.[41]
Germany:The German Federal Police counter-terrorism GSG 9 has been observed using the SCAR-L.[42]
Mexico: The Policía Federal and various state police forces utilize the SCAR-L and SCAR-H variants in their police units.[citation needed]
Peru: The Grupo de Fuerzas Especiales (GRUFE) of the Peruvian Armed Forces purchased the SCAR-H variant in 2009.[43] The Peruvian Army purchased 8,110 SCAR-H rifles in February 2013.[44]
Poland: Biuro Ochrony Rządu.[45]
South Korea: Republic of Korea Army 707th Special Mission Battalion uses the SCAR-L.[46]
United States: U.S. Armed Forces (used by all branches of USSOCOM) United States Marine Corps.,[32] LAPD SWAT have used both variants in limited capacity since 2010.[47][48]

Meplat
07-29-13, 17:04
Before SH I remember the normal models (flat top, no rail) going for $1,400. Then a little after that, still before SH, I think I recall seeing the railed ones for $1,600 or just under $1,700. I remember thinking they were nifty little guns and that I would like one if the price came down, which I assured myself they certainly would in the months to follow. I'm sure we can all figure out how that went. :(

I think that if I were really to look into buying one that I would try and find one of the older/original ones that had the integral optic. I am not positive, but I do believe they were S&B optics, and overall I think they would be a better choice for a collection/curio type purchase.

halmbarte
07-30-13, 02:54
Before SH I remember the normal models (flat top, no rail) going for $1,400. Then a little after that, still before SH, I think I recall seeing the railed ones for $1,600 or just under $1,700. I remember thinking they were nifty little guns and that I would like one if the price came down, which I assured myself they certainly would in the months to follow. I'm sure we can all figure out how that went. :(

I think that if I were really to look into buying one that I would try and find one of the older/original ones that had the integral optic. I am not positive, but I do believe they were S&B optics, and overall I think they would be a better choice for a collection/curio type purchase.

I've shot one of the standard FS2000s with the factory optic. That optic is nothing to write home about. It's better than NCStar but by no means is it S&B quality, nor is it illuminated.

H

Meplat
07-30-13, 16:43
I've shot one of the standard FS2000s with the factory optic. That optic is nothing to write home about. It's better than NCStar but by no means is it S&B quality, nor is it illuminated.

H

My reasoning was more in line with collection/rarity rather than function. Mostly because I don't see the F2000 as being a defense/duty/beater carbine. Not that it couldn't be or isn't, just to me it isn't.

Captiva
08-06-13, 17:12
To answer the original poster's question: about 4 years ago I paid $1,650 and mailed in a rebate form and got a check from FNH USA for $150.00.

They were going generally for $1,700 to $1,850 for the six months prior during my search for a perceived deal.