PDA

View Full Version : AR kits.

andrew_b
04-14-08, 19:37
I am thinking of buying and AR kit and i am just wondering what other people suggest. I already have a bushmaster M4 and i am thinking of making a prairie dog gun. Any suggestions?

RD62
04-14-08, 20:17
I'm not really a kit fan. I think they tend to sacrifice quality to reach a price point. You didn't mention if you had a preference for flat-top ( I would assume), caliber(5.56/.223 I again assume), barrel length, price point, etc. These will help in making a suggestion. If money is not an issue I'd go with an LMT lower and a Noveske Recon upper. If you need to aim a little lower we can help with that too.

Give us a little more info....

-RD62

andrew_b
04-14-08, 20:50
Oh yeah flat top, .223/5.56, I am thinking 20 inch, already have a 16 inch, but I'm open to suggestion. I'm going for distance. Like i said this will be a prairie dog gun. I have never built a gun, but am looking forward to trying and learning more about them. The only reason i was thinking about getting the kit is because the upper is gauged and headspaced and I'm unfamiliar with this. looking to spend $700-$900. very open to suggestions.

Saginaw79
04-14-08, 21:36
For that price you can build a nice gun from decent parts.