PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Conceal My G19

Unkle Kurt
07-25-13, 20:18
I've been carrying my G19 in a N82 Tactical holster and it has worked fine. However, with my recent promotion, my dress code is now business casual (slacks and tucked in button down shirt and tie). Here's the tricky part, its at a medical supply company, where carrying a gun is heavily frowned upon, especially at hospitals and clinics.

So I'm trying to decide what to do and how to do it. I need either a tuck able holster for my G19 or a smaller gun for pocket/ankle carry.

Not really familiar with the tuck able holsters on the market. I've heard of CrossBreed, but what others are available?

Would you recommend a smaller/more discrete gun for carry?

Anyone here in the medical field? Do you carry at work and if so, how?

acaixguard
07-25-13, 21:26
For me personally, I find the G19 hides the best when carried AIWB, and there are a number of options for that. However, I'm not crazy about AIWB, and only carry that way if I really need extra concealment.
I usually prefer OWB just behind the hip, and for that, I use the Raven Phantom. Depending on your build, it should be conceal well enough most of the time as long as you dress appropriately for it (ie. looser untucked clothing).

vigilant2
07-25-13, 21:32
In the very same situation as you (Medical supply) tucked in shirt required(no tie) company polo, guns frowned upon to say the least.
Daily carry outside of work is one of a few G19's, at work its a G26 in a Galco ankle holster with a spare G19 mag in my left pocket.
Not a fast draw by any means, but a fairly quick and effective get down behind the desk come up engaging if need be setup.

alone
07-25-13, 21:33
If you are going to wear a jacket, sweater, lab coat etc I'd stick with a pancake style holster like the phantom mentioned above. If you are not using a cover garment then appendix is a good option. For a tuckable model I like the Access holster from Phlster.

whitjct
07-25-13, 21:37
Big fan of crossbreed, when the crossbreed won't work I go to ankle carry

acaixguard
07-25-13, 21:38
Also, just a note, but another important aspect of CCW is to watch your movements. If you bend over at the waist to pick up something, for instance, most pistols carried at the hip is gonna print through anything short of a winter coat. So squat down at the knees to pick up stuff, and be mindful of your shirt snagging as you go about your daily business.

SPDGG
07-25-13, 21:40
Congrats on the promo!
You deserve to buy yourself a new pocket gun :)

Some suggestions:
- Kahr PM9
- S&W J Frame

Method of carry:
* Ankle [Hope your slacks aren't fitted to the point sitting down raises the legs up enough to see the handgun]
* Belly Band/Compression Holster Shirt Thing: [Handshake guy, hugs might get weird]
* Pocket [well, maybe not the J Frame in slacks]
* AIWB [Are you happy to see me? Of course I'm your Happy Sales Rep. ;) ]

imho: For my build, I'd carry a PM9 in AIWB. When I had/carried mine, it literally disappeared in most all sensible carry methods.
If you choose the Kahr PM9 I'd make sure it was tip top with some rounds down range before adding to your carry list.

STONE-YARDER
07-25-13, 22:00
http://www.guns.com/review/2013/06/20/gear-review-5-11-tactical-v-neck-holster-shirt/

Elbowtko
07-25-13, 22:21
http://www.guns.com/review/2013/06/20/gear-review-5-11-tactical-v-neck-holster-shirt/

Is there really anything that reliably covers the trigger guard with that besides cloth?

T2C
07-25-13, 22:34
I never have been able to hide a G19 well. During the warmer months I carry a J Frame and a few speed strips.

Salamander
07-25-13, 23:54
For me personally, I find the G19 hides the best when carried AIWB, and there are a number of options for that. However, I'm not crazy about AIWB, and only carry that way if I really need extra concealment.
I usually prefer OWB just behind the hip, and for that, I use the Raven Phantom. Depending on your build, it should be conceal well enough most of the time as long as you dress appropriately for it (ie. looser untucked clothing).

Unfortunately, untucked shirts are usually not an option in professional-level positions. I'm not in medical but I am well up the management chain and live in a mild coastal climate so at least have the advantage of being able to keep a suit jacket on. I can also get away with wearing one of the dressier and really lightweight Arcteryx jackets over a dress shirt. Sounds like that may not be an option for him though.

Under either of the jackets described above I have no difficulty hiding a HK P2000 (about G19 sized) either OWB in a Raven Phantom or IWB in a Comp-Tac MTAC. But with just a dress shirt, I'd probably be forced to a smaller gun.

theblackknight
07-26-13, 00:29
I'm happy this thread came up, as it seems a lot of people here carry more junk then a guy actually on duty, and scoff at anyone who dosent.

I'm switching from M&P's to Glocks, and I'm about 95% sure from consulting other's who dress likewise that I'll be carrying a g26 in a proper AIWB with a +2 when I can, and a flush mag in something like the VG2 when clothing calls for it.

http://www.totalprotectioninteractive.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15379

Meibanfa
07-26-13, 00:56
I use a Crossbreed Supertuck with the J-clips and conceal a G19 without any problems. Dress shirt, tucked, no jacket. I use a polyester (performance / activity) undershirt between the gun/holster and my body.

Size wise I may have an advantage, I am 6'1" and 215lb, but I stand infront of a classroom full of people doing safety training and have never been called out. Another point, I am almost always standing and if I am seated I do not have anyone behind me. I also do not have to bend over when there is anyone behind me to see a print.

I really like the Crossbreed Supertuck and tjink it has the best combination of concealability and comfort of the numerous holsters that I have tried.

Regards,

Rick

STONE-YARDER
07-26-13, 04:13
Is there really anything that reliably covers the trigger guard with that besides cloth?

http://www.glocktech.com/

mx5rcr
07-26-13, 06:28
Comp tac minotaur. Tuckable. Leather backer for comfort. Kydex shells for different guns only $38. You can get hooks with velcro that attach to the inside of their dress belt so they aren't visible.

munch520
07-26-13, 07:04
I would go with a smaller gun. Polos and baggier button downs may be ok with a G19 but with tailored dress clothes; I'd go with an M&P Shield.

Bruce is making me a tuckable IWB (The Strut) right now, and is tailoring the loops especially for dress shirts. Shoot him an email, great guy.

http://www.contactconcealment.com/

Apricotshot
07-26-13, 07:24
I'm happy this thread came up, as it seems a lot of people here carry more junk then a guy actually on duty, and scoff at anyone who dosent.

I'm switching from M&P's to Glocks, and I'm about 95% sure from consulting other's who dress likewise that I'll be carrying a g26 in a proper AIWB with a +2 when I can, and a flush mag in something like the VG2 when clothing calls for it.

http://www.totalprotectioninteractive.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15379

This is what I do now. G26 in a Vanguard or Ankle depending on what I am wearing.

moonshot
07-26-13, 07:36
I'm in the same situation - at work I wear slacks / nice jeans and a tucked in polo shirt. No untucked shirts, no covering garment.

I've never seen a tuckable holster that didn't bunch up and look like crap unless the shirt was so big and loose that you almost didn't need the tuckable feature in the first place.

Ankle carry makes the most sense. As long as the pant leg is loose enouge to allow for it to be pulled up, they can be quite useful. I carry an airweight in a Fobus one effortlessly, and I have planned on experimenting with a baby Glock on either a Fobus or Galco. Just be aware the weight of the Glock may throw off your gate.

If you're not moving around a lot, you might try a Smart Carry. They are suprisingly effective. I've played tennis in one carrying a baby Glock training gun (same size and weight). They are actually pretty fast, and allow for carry of a spare mag.

Where they fall a little short is when you are seated - particularly driving (but pocket carry falls short here as well). I also wouldn't want to get into a physical scuffle while wearing one - the phrase "crush fit" will take on a whole new meaning.

vigilant2
07-26-13, 07:51
I'm in the same situation - at work I wear slacks / nice jeans and a tucked in polo shirt. No untucked shirts, no covering garment.

I've never seen a tuckable holster that didn't bunch up and look like crap unless the shirt was so big and loose that you almost didn't need the tuckable feature in the first place.

Ankle carry makes the most sense.

I wholeheartedly agree, I've never seen a tuckable pulled off by anyone without looking ridicoulous ( as quoted above or looking like they have a tumor/growth on their body). I 've tried several times.
On a side note I've also come to realize that my G26 in the Galco ankle holster is more accessible when driving then my IWB G19.

Still, when not at work I generally carry a G19 IWB at 2:30-3:00 with a polo/T-shirt down here in HOT Florida year round. Since losing 23lbs and 4 inches in the waist I now also carry a spare mag at 8-9 o'clock on the support side in a blade-tech kydex mag pouch comfortably.

tnt1106
07-26-13, 08:02
Unfortunately, untucked shirts are usually not an option in professional-level positions. I'm not in medical but I am well up the management chain and live in a mild coastal climate so at least have the advantage of being able to keep a suit jacket on. I can also get away with wearing one of the dressier and really lightweight Arcteryx jackets over a dress shirt. Sounds like that may not be an option for him though.

Under either of the jackets described above I have no difficulty hiding a HK P2000 (about G19 sized) either OWB in a Raven Phantom or IWB in a Comp-Tac MTAC. But with just a dress shirt, I'd probably be forced to a smaller gun.

Comp tac minotaur. Tuckable. Leather backer for comfort. Kydex shells for different guns only $38. You can get hooks with velcro that attach to the inside of their dress belt so they aren't visible.

I can only add what these have said and a http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=95 worn at 4' on my 5'11" 180lbs frame hides very nicely under a tucked in THIN t shirt or dress shirt. Do be mindful of bending over at the waist it will print.

Having said that my preferred carry is now at 2:30-3' with this holster http://www.tacticalholsters.com/product/INC/INCOG.html which can be tucked in as needed.

CAVDOC
07-26-13, 08:23
Medical professional here- similar dress code. J frame in ankle rig making sure to buy pants that allow a good draw from ankle- wear the rig ( my go to is alessi) when you go try on pants and do some practice draws before buying. With practice ( I would not be exaggerating to say I have done 3 thousand practice draws from my ankle rig) ankle rigs are pretty fast- at least as fast if not faster than a tuckable holster. By the time you grab shirt untuck it and grab gun my ankle gun has cleared leather. If you are comfortable with glocks I would get a 26 and an ankle holster- do not flinch at spending over 100 bucks on a good one-and practice

Psalms144.1
07-26-13, 14:36
The G19/P2000 is, in fact, difficult to conceal without an untucked garment. My recommendation would be to pick up a S&W Shield or Kahr PM9, get a Galco Ankle Glove, and practice until the draw is as smooth and fast as possible.

As noted above, you need to be sure your trouser legs are "roomy" at the bottom, not tapered, and you should look for as heavy a "break" as possible to avoid the holster becoming visible when you sit and your pant leg naturally rides up.

Regards,

Kevin

Roklok
07-26-13, 19:58
http://www.cooksholsters.com/#!online-store/copg/!/~/product/category=5681425&id=24568116

Here you go.

Warp
07-26-13, 21:30
If you do get something smaller/easier to conceal...match that G19 up to a G26. Out-freaking-standing big-little pistol.

Ranger45
07-27-13, 09:17
As others have already mentioned, I would recommend either a Comp Tac MTAC or Crossbreed.

SeriousStudent
07-27-13, 09:37
Congrats on your promotion.

A G19 is my usual carry piece. Like previous posters, I'm a big fan of the MTAC for IWB.

http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=95

A big plus for me is that I can switch between a G17, G19 and G26 with the same holster, if you use the open bottom shell. Be aware that if you buy a used one, there are two versions out there, that use different Kydex shells. And older one will not use a newer shell.

I'm also going to order one of their IWB holsters that allows carry of a G19 with a Surefire X300 someday, I just have not got around to it.

http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=138

OWB for me is Raven, IWB is Comp-Tac. I've had excellent service from both companies.

Since you want to tuck the holster, they do make velcro loops that allow that. You will need to get a belt that supports that.

At the risk of heresy, have you considered an M&P Shield in 9mm? It would allow a lower profile than the G19, and be easier to conceal. I've watched people shoot them, and they are capable of good accuracy in trained hands. If I was starting all over again, I'd pick the M&P line with Apex parts, over Glocks. I just have too many years and too much money in Glocks to switch right now.

cpoth
07-27-13, 18:20
Really love the new offering from G-Code hosters called the INCOG. It is a little bit of a wait for the production but carries very nicely inside the waist band. I also purchased the mag caddy but do not find it comfortable. I am not very big guy 5'10" 205 by some people standards and OWB hip carry will not conceal for me unless its winter and I've got a coat on. Consider the INCOG as an option for appendix inside the waistband, it works really well for me and its only $60-70. Well worth it.

Roklok
07-27-13, 18:21
They make a minimalist tuckable holster that is very comfortable.

www.cooksholsters.com

davebee456
07-28-13, 00:26
FISTHOLSTERS INC

http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/k1/gen.htm

they make a great Kydex IWB called 1AK great holster which is the 1k with slight cant

SpankMonkey
07-28-13, 01:01
I did not read the whole thread. But my 2 cents would be a PM-9 with a Thunder wear holster. Works great wearing business casual. You can also pocket carry a PM-9 with a good quality pocket holster.

decodeddiesel
07-28-13, 14:12
I am going to be in a similar predicament here shortly when I begin my professional career.

I got spoiled at my previous job. Even though it was business casual, me being a technician who had to get his hands dirty I could get away with dockers and an untucked polo, allowing IWB carry of my M&P or later a P30. At school things were even easier as I would almost always wear cargo shorts or jeans with an untucked T-shirt. I became a big fan of AIWB carry over the past 18 months, just had to be a "handshake guy" instead of a "hug guy". Sounds silly, but it was a concern. Kids, especially females, like hugs.

The positions I am interviewing for are going to require a button down shirt, tucked into slacks. Just my personal opinion, I hate tucked IWB holsters. I think think they always look silly, and leave a huge and very noticeable bulge at your waistline. Maybe you could claim a colostomy bag, but it's a reach.

I am planning on purchasing a good, high quality ankle holster and either a no-lock 442 or a Ruger LCP. I am going to make my training focus on drawing from an ankle holster, and reloading from a speed strip carried in my left front pocket. I am a little less than thrilled about going from 25 rounds of 9mm +P to 10 rounds of .38 +P but I feel it is the best way to go. YMMV.

TheJRK
07-28-13, 19:09
Just wear a jacket and then you'll have no problem concealing anything. I find it odd when people go through the trouble of wearing slacks, a button down shirt, and tie and then don't wear a jacket. Someone once told me that suits make a "2 piece" impression. One without the other looks sloppy IMO.

Psalms144.1
07-28-13, 20:13
Just wear a jacket and then you'll have no problem concealing anything. I find it odd when people go through the trouble of wearing slacks, a button down shirt, and tie and then don't wear a jacket. Someone once told me that suits make a "2 piece" impression. One without the other looks sloppy IMO.
I wholeheartedly concur with this fashion advice but, having just finished a 60+ day "vacation" in DC where the attire was business suit every day, I can COMPLETELY understand the reluctance to wear a jacket, if at all avoidable.

Regards,

Kevin

SeriousStudent
07-28-13, 20:21
Not belaboring anyone's point: but a jacket can also be a "tell", and it something I certainly watch for.

If you are in a business or social setting where everyone else doffs their suit coat or sports jacket, you will likely look out of place. The folks where I work that wear suits, remove their coats when in the building. They put them on when they leave. But they stay off all day.

I have always found it easier to blend in, when I don't look out of place. Not talking smack to anyone, just offering what is hopefully a helpful suggestion.

Again, good luck to the OP with whatever he decides to do. It can be a tough call.

Kilo 1-1
07-28-13, 20:22
You said that your job requires you to go to hospitals, so be aware that more and more of them are putting legitimate 30.06 signs.

For deep concealment, a smaller gun is going to be more conducive for you. I don't know what your body build is like, or how 'fitted' your clothing is.

When deep concealing a G19, I've played around with a Smart Carry holster over the last two years occasionally. I call it the diaper of thunder, as you wear it below the belt line and the entire gun's below the waist line. Not the best in terms of quick drawing, etc, but I found that it concealed better than other tuckable holster out there for me.

I normally do AIWB with a Raven Vanguard 2, so it wasn't too radical of a carry method for me. The Smart Carry's an option to consider, with some pros...and some cons some people find as a no-go option.

http://imageshack.us/a/img844/1581/g7a8.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img407/3066/svvo.jpg

decodeddiesel
07-28-13, 20:31

A suit is not appropriate if the dress is business casual. It's always better to over dress rather than under dress, no doubt, but it's going to raise eyebrows if everyone else is in Dockers and short sleeve button down shirts and you're the only dude wearing a suit. Someone will catch on I'd bet, simply for the fact that you stand out from the crowd. Best to blend in and remain "invisible".

About the only thing I think would be worse would be a Browning or Smith and Wesson black leather "fannypack".

ETA: SeriousStudent and I are on the same sheet of music.

TheJRK
07-28-13, 20:52
To me, business casual means a jacket with no tie, but maybe that's just the DC Metro Area wearing off on me.

You guys are thinking like most CC holders, looking for "bulges" or other signs someone is carrying. The majority of people in this country are clueless when it comes to spotting a concealed handgun. The ones that can tell are like the people on this forum and hopefully they're on my side anyway so I'm not really worried about being made.

Good luck finding the right solution OP.

decodeddiesel
07-28-13, 21:03
To me, business casual means a jacket with no tie, but maybe that's just the DC Metro Area wearing off on me.

You guys are thinking like most CC holders, looking for "bulges" or other signs someone is carrying. The majority of people in this country are clueless when it comes to spotting a concealed handgun. The ones that can tell are like the people on this forum and hopefully they're on my side anyway so I'm not really worried about being made.

Must be a DC thing. Everywhere else I have ever been in the country business casual means slacks and a button down (usually a polo shirt is acceptable as well).

I agree with the bulge thing, but within reason. I find the bulge created by a tuckable holster with any reasonably sized firearm (G19 or larger) is very noticeable to anyone looking.

Anjin-san
07-28-13, 21:08
I carry my P229R and a spare mag in a SmartCarry while off duty. However, I'm waiting on a 3speed holster, which appears to be an evolved version of the SmartCarry.
http://3speedholster.com/

Warp
07-28-13, 21:26

Or they have a criminal or law enforcement background, or mention your dress habits to somebody with one of those backgrounds, or they are just an astute individuals.

I don't think it's safe to assume that only 'good guys' who wouldn't out you will pick up on your tells.

theblackknight
07-29-13, 22:49
Certain climates do not go well with a coat full time. Also, dosent work well when you are young,broke and dont have working AC in your car :D

But wearing all the required items can still be bid'ness casual

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m516qriFZi1r6pd7co1_500.jpg

And sans coat can still be professional if you live in certain climates
http://blog.buytrimountain.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/PromotionalEagleNoIronPinpointOxford18402.jpg

beschatten
07-30-13, 07:24
Must be a DC thing. Everywhere else I have ever been in the country business casual means slacks and a button down (usually a polo shirt is acceptable as well).

I agree with the bulge thing, but within reason. I find the bulge created by a tuckable holster with any reasonably sized firearm (G19 or larger) is very noticeable to anyone looking.

I'm in NOVA working for a huge Gov't Contractor Company. Might be different here than in DC, but a lot of the back-end server guys wear Khaki's and an untucked button up/polo, including myself. Occasionally you see someone tuck it in but I'm untucked almost all the time. I'm not sure what other people in the building are doing but you see this dress-style everywhere, regardless of their position.

Jimbaran
08-01-13, 14:00
I can only add what these have said and a http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=95 worn at 4' on my 5'11" 180lbs frame hides very nicely under a tucked in THIN t shirt or dress shirt. Do be mindful of bending over at the waist it will print.

Having said that my preferred carry is now at 2:30-3' with this holster http://www.tacticalholsters.com/product/INC/INCOG.html which can be tucked in as needed.

I second Comp-tac minotaur. I love it so much that I bought both for my Glock and Springfield EMP.

decodeddiesel
08-01-13, 18:43
I second Comp-tac minotaur. I love it so much that I bought both for my Glock and Springfield EMP.

I am big on the MTAC as well.

Warp
08-01-13, 19:06

I have one for my G19. I like it. It's been my go-to concealment holster for the G19 since 2009 and I haven't felt the need to go out and get a different holster to try.

My other Glocks currently go in Milt Sparks Versa Max II's when carrying IWB though

decodeddiesel
08-01-13, 20:05
Although I find the G-Code Incog to be better at appendix carry than my AIWB MTAC, the MTAC is great for 3:30-4:00 carry. My 1911 disappears under a t-shirt when I wear it.

l8apex
08-02-13, 00:52
Id recommend a v neck short sleeve pull over like the ones used in golf over your dress shirt. I've used a semi fitted Ashworth and Nike over a dress shirt while AIWB. May work work 4-5 oclock carry. Works like a charm.

It's the Indian, not the Arrow.

tha101
08-04-13, 13:01
I'm kinda of in your same situation also. I have narrowed down my choices to these two. I need help deciding. Pros & cons of each.

Phlster Access
http://www.phlster.com/#!product/prd1/924417024/access-iwb

G-Code Incog
http://www.tacticalholsters.com/product/INC/INCOG.html

Mag360
08-21-13, 01:47
Can you get away with those nice tommy bahama style dress shirts (minus the p atterns) with a flat hem on the bottom as they were nade for being untucked and wear a nice pair of slacks or chinos? Otherwise I'd go pm9 in a smart carry or l ocket carry. A glock 26 is hard to do tucked in under a dress shirt as I've done that at the opera house with my girlfriend a couple times.

decodeddiesel
08-21-13, 08:43
I'm kinda of in your same situation also. I have narrowed down my choices to these two. I need help deciding. Pros & cons of each.

Phlster Access
http://www.phlster.com/#!product/prd1/924417024/access-iwb

G-Code Incog
http://www.tacticalholsters.com/product/INC/INCOG.html

I can't speak about the Phlster, but I have been rocking the g-code for about 4 months now with my M&P9C. I think it is the finest AIWB holster I have used so far. Retention is outstanding, the pistol snaps into place on the holster and won't come out unless you really want it to. The moleskin like material on the outside of it really helps "grab" you concealment shirt so it won't ride up. The holster rides nice and high too which helps with comfort when carrying AIWB. Also the holster does a good job of tucking the butt of the pistol up into my gut. I have also found their customer service to be outstanding. I had an issue where the plastic clips were deforming after carrying the pistol for 16 hours a day working in a shop where I was bending over and moving around a lot. One quick e-mail with pictures of the deformed clips and I had new ones in the mail a week later. I would skip the mag carrier option. I thought it was very cool, and I may use it during a class, however it made the whole rig too bulky for easy concealment in jeans and a shirt.

Cons? Like any AIWB rig it takes some getting used to. Even with the moleskin like "tactical fuzz" this holster simply isn't as comfortable as the MTAC I used to carry with and have worn out. Also, the clips seem to work fairly well, but I prefer loops that fully capture the belt so there is simply no way the holster can come out. It hasn't been an issue so far, but it is my preference. I know they designed the clips for "rapid deployment" or whatever, but as a civilian CCW holder putting on a holstered firearm is a very deliberate thing and I don't need "rapid deployment".

All in all I would buy one again, and it has become my primary carry rig. I hope this helps.

Bang4Buck
08-21-13, 21:32

I just bought one based on the great feedback I have heard. Not the cheapest, but I like the idea of quality and the ability to change spare bodies if I want to carry something else.

decodeddiesel
08-22-13, 08:44
I just bought one based on the great feedback I have heard. Not the cheapest, but I like the idea of quality and the ability to change spare bodies if I want to carry something else.

If you are planning on carrying between the 3 and 5 positions the MTAC is hard to top. Very comfortable, and very easy to conceal.

Bang4Buck
08-22-13, 09:35
If you are planning on carrying between the 3 and 5 positions the MTAC is hard to top. Very comfortable, and very easy to conceal.

That is the plan. Feedback on the MTAC has been excellent. I should have mine in the next few days.

I'll probably also look for some kind of ankle holster as well and have a G26 for a back up gun. If I'm ever carjacked, it would be easier to reach for the ankle than 4:00

decodeddiesel
08-22-13, 10:14
That is the plan. Feedback on the MTAC has been excellent. I should have mine in the next few days.

I'll probably also look for some kind of ankle holster as well and have a G26 for a back up gun. If I'm ever carjacked, it would be easier to reach for the ankle than 4:00

I hate to say it, but appendix carry solves a lot of the issues with drawing while seated in a car. Forget about getting something at 4:00 out of the holster with any sort of speed and efficiency. Ankle holster might not work as well as you think, especially with a self- tensioning seatbelt. Imagine coming forward to draw and having the seatbelt lock.

Speaking of that, it would be really cool to take a pistol class that actually teaches a segment on drawing while seated in the drivers seat.