PDA

View Full Version : Steyr AUG update

STG77
07-26-13, 14:51
Here's some new news from Steyr and from Pete Athens about the AUG.

AUG Barrels Expected in September

Lastly, Steyr AUG fans have been begging for additional barrels and additional lengths. Finally, we are getting closer to delivering. We expect to have some limited quantities of barrels available in early September. The first spare barrel availability will be available for $599 retail as follows:

16" Barrels with a never before built 1/7 twist
18" Barrels
20" Barrels

In October, we expect to have limited quantities of the oft-asked-for 24" barrel for $699 retail that was last sold over a decade ago. You have asked, and we are listening. Again, contact your dealer early to get on their list, because these initial batches are not expected to last long.

Got word from Pete today http://www.pjs-steyraug.com that he's running a special on new US made 30rd magazines for $20 each. Also has the A3 scope for $525 and small parts kits for $160 on sale.

He has a list for the barrels due in September, and has a preorder list for the new 9mm kits coming from Austria.
What? 9mm kits? Yes, 9mm kits. :D:D:D:D:D

Great News For Us AUG Fans!!

After Weeks Of Us Talking To Steyr They Are Finally Going To Make Available Factory Steyr AUG 9mm Conversion Kits.........

9mm AUG Kit Includes Barrel, Bolt Carrier Group, Dedicated 9mm Stock, Mag Adapter & 3 25 round 9mm Magazines (2-3 months out)

We Are Now Taking Pre-Orders

Retail Price is $1399

Email Us to Get On The List pjs1inc@aol.com

We Will Also Offer 9mm Rails, Special Barrel Adapters And Cans!

Army Chief
07-26-13, 14:54
One of my relatively few unrealized dreams as a weapons owner. I can't even begin to recall how many times I've started to pull the trigger on an AUG, only to have something go awry at the 11th hour.

Good to see they are still moving forward with these efforts.

AC

STG77
07-26-13, 15:05
This is really REALLY good news for AUG owners in the US.

The 9mm kit availability is something I didn't think would happen anytime soon.

20+ year old beat up 9mm kits have commanded an absurd premium, and the factory 9mm guns are insanely priced.

A good supply of A3 AUG's, the CQC AUG, 9mm kits, and varying barrel lengths in 1/7 twist makes this the golden age of the AUG. :)

SteyrAUG
07-27-13, 00:39

20+ year old beat up 9mm kits have commanded an absurd premium, and the factory 9mm guns are insanely priced.

A good supply of A3 AUG's, the CQC AUG, 9mm kits, and varying barrel lengths in 1/7 twist makes this the golden age of the AUG. :)

I agree, but those new 9mm kits aren't exactly what I'd call cheap either.

;)

Glad to have options but I think my A3 is going to remain "stock" for awhile.

decodeddiesel
07-27-13, 02:14
I need to get on the ball and pick up an A3. One of the very few 5.56 platforms outside of the AR that interests me. A 9mm conversion kit is pretty awesome.

I guess now that I live in a "ban state" with our unconstitutional ban on magazines over 15 rounds I might have to get a little creative on how to feed one.

JoshNC
07-27-13, 13:09
I need to get on the ball and pick up an A3. One of the very few 5.56 platforms outside of the AR that interests me. A 9mm conversion kit is pretty awesome.

I guess now that I live in a "ban state" with our unconstitutional ban on magazines over 15 rounds I might have to get a little creative on how to feed one.

Use a NATO stock to allow M16 mags use. Or buy a few 30 round AUG mags and block them to 15 rounds.

Army Chief
07-27-13, 13:18
Use a NATO stock to allow M16 mags use. Or buy a few 30 round AUG mags and block them to 15 rounds.

Rules out a LH bolt though, no? Or did Pete get the work-around figured out?

AC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

JoshNC
07-27-13, 14:21
Rules out a LH bolt though, no? Or did Pete get the work-around figured out?

AC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

You are correct. Still no LH bolt with the NATO stock.

STG77
07-27-13, 20:06
You are correct. Still no LH bolt with the NATO stock.

Steyr needs to do something about that, sooner rather than later.

An ambidextrous NATO stock with a bolt release would do a lot for the people sitting on the fence...

steyrman13
07-27-13, 21:49

They do make 10 round mags for them. Actually, they are quite nice because they sit almost flush with the mag release.

steyrman13
07-27-13, 21:49

What kind of premium on the 20+ old 9mm kits are we talking?

STG77
07-31-13, 09:13
What kind of premium on the 20+ old 9mm kits are we talking?

It depends on what you can find. Some are complete, some are missing parts, I even saw one for sale with a bulged and ringed barrel. There doesn't seem to be any standard on what you get with the used kits.

You could pay $1500 for a kit with no barrel (which wouldn't do you any good), or up to $4000 for a complete newest generation kit.

$1400 for a complete kit with three mags that is nearly a complete gun (in my opinion is a good deal; obviously you could argue that the price is high, but compared to prices of complete 9mm guns in the 7-10,000 range, I believe this to be a good deal).

With just a hammerpack ~$130 and a receiver ~$850, you can have a complete 9mm gun with three mags for less than $2400. :D

FeistyCrawfish
08-04-13, 09:26
Can't wait! I just got an AUG that should be coming in any day now. This makes me SO much happier that I got it.

STG77
08-14-13, 15:38
On another website, Pete posted this. Seems like good things are coming for the AUG...

AUG A3 Stock Color Options

Finally convinced Steyr in doing a couple of different stock and grip color options.

What color would you guys like to have your Steyr AUG A3 in?

-snip- I will share the results with Steyr Friday.

Thanks,
Pete Athens / Pja
704 668 7973
www.pjs-steyraug.com
www.steyrauga3cqc.com

Pi3
08-14-13, 19:56
One of my relatively few unrealized dreams as a weapons owner. I can't even begin to recall how many times I've started to pull the trigger on an AUG, only to have something go awry at the 11th hour.

Good to see they are still moving forward with these efforts.

AC

I almost bought one for $900 back in 1988, but money was tight.
Then the ban hit. I kicked myself for years for waiting just a little too long.

eternal24k
08-15-13, 06:25
I'm still a little miffed from when I put cash down with Pete on this maxing sounding Aug project, a year or 2 later and the announce the partner is MSAR and I get a turd with proprietary parts

eternal24k
08-15-13, 06:26
*amazing sounding