PDA

View Full Version : Aero Ambi Lower.

VIP3R 237
07-26-13, 17:05
Only $155, not bad at all if I might say so myself. It looks as if the user can lock the bolt to the rear with the lever. I hope more add this feature.

http://aeroprecisionusa.com/shop/ar15-stripped-ambidextrous-lower

Grand58742
07-26-13, 17:44
That's certainly an interesting feature. I've never really cared for the BAD lever, but this looks promising.

Wondering if there are any other proprietary parts other than the release itself. It doesn't appear to install any different.

sammage
07-26-13, 17:45
Wonder if the mag well bevel on this has been touched up too, my last Aero lower had none on the front.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

DirectDrive
07-26-13, 22:48
I can't get a warm and fuzzy about Aero.
They are in my top 3 worst gougers during the panic.

Good for them with their innovative design.

_Stormin_
07-26-13, 22:53
Am I the only one that feels that the bolt release on the right side of the rifle looks absolutely terrible? Maybe thinning the paddle a bit, rounding the edges on the "arm," and a better finish might help.

Aside from that, it's neat to see someone offering the lower milled and ready to go...

Benito
07-29-13, 00:09
Both my AR's are on Aero Precision lowers.
They're pretty damn good.
Got them just before the panic hit, but I haven't heard anything about gouging on their part.

I'm very interested to see how this ambi bolt catch works in real world testing.

SWThomas
07-29-13, 01:54

You would have done the same damn thing. These companies are in it for profit. If they see a shift in the market and an opportunity to make more profit, they're going to take it. The market will determine whether their increase in price is sustainable. People were paying those inflated prices, so why shouldn't Aero make some money???

I for one absolutely love their products and am more than willing to spend my hard earned money with them.

ScatmanCrothers
07-29-13, 06:46
You would have done the same damn thing. These companies are in it for profit. If they see a shift in the market and an opportunity to make more profit, they're going to take it. The market will determine whether their increase in price is sustainable. People were paying those inflated prices, so why shouldn't Aero make some money???

I for one absolutely love their products and am more than willing to spend my hard earned money with them.

Actually instead of filling backorders they decided to take the lowers they had available, originally $99, and sell them for $150 despite having pending orders where customers paid the original price and were waiting for goods. Then right in the middle of selling the lowers for 150 they "went out of stock" only to return a few minutes later at, you guessed it, a price of 200. Even some that bought them for 150 had their cards charged for 200.

Folks compalined enough and got the charge of 200 reduced to 150 for the most part. Still, original pre-panic orders weren't filled until after the higher priced lowers were sold so they could "profit from the opportunity." Surely you see why some aren't comfortable with doing business with them after dealing with something like that.

Now for the ambi lower, I was wondering if a company was going to team up with the PDQ release. Looks like Aero did it for a good price too. Interested to hear some reviews of how they work.

DirectDrive
07-29-13, 12:54

:rolleyes:

I think I hear violins.

SW-Shooter
07-29-13, 13:55
Having to re-learn and get the muscle memory down is going to take some time. Consider this before buying one. I like it, and might get one down the road, but having all of my rifles in the same configuration and then adding this one to the mix is going to be troublesome. I'd have to put it in the back of the safe, I wouldn't want to accidentally pick it up in case of HD situation.

TehLlama
07-29-13, 19:04

They prioritized availability over consistency of price, with the tool that enables them to invest more capital in the ability to produce more quantity in newer designs - increasing the unit price.

It's not bad for the price, but I can't shake the notion that somebody will come out with something substantially better in the near future.

Armadillo
07-30-13, 13:35
Says here that it is only $115 not $155.

Ryno12
07-30-13, 13:39
Says here that it is only $115 not $155.

That's the stripped price.
You can choose between stripped for $115 or assembled for $155.

Sent via Tapatalk