PDA

View Full Version : what signs to look for in a used G19

77thNYSV
07-26-13, 20:50
Hello

I'm getting a Glock 19 and am considering buying locally from private sellers. One guy is posting his gen 4 G19 for the firm price of $550 and it does come with all three 15 round mags.

Normally, I would buy brand new from a local dealer. One dealer here has Gen 3 G19's for $495. But when I consider buying an extra mag, buying that gen 3 plus an extra mag would cost more than the used gen 4 but not by much. The difference would be $10 - $20.

The reason I'm hesitating and posting here is because I don't know what to look for in a used handgun. I like buying new because at least I know that the seller isn't trying to pull the wool over my eyes, and I just like the idea of being the first owner.

So, what signs of abuse or mechanical problems, if there would be any to see, should I look for when examining the used gen 4?

Thanks

filthy phil
07-26-13, 21:17
You can get a new gen4 for around $550 or less.
of course there will be approx. $25 shipping.
Id shop around
Here
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/69579

straterman
07-26-13, 22:02
550 for a used gen 4 is way too much. But strip it if its bad you will know. Chevk for slide and frame cracks. Anything else would be hard to find but its all easily replacable. if frame slide and eails look good u should be good to go. But you should wait for a new gen 4 you should be able to get one for around 550

straterman
07-26-13, 22:18
Oh and I have close to 4000 rounds through my gen 4 26 and thousands of holster draws and carry it all the time and it still looks new. No scratches of the finish slight wear on the barrel but it still looks really good if the used 19 looks too worn I would pass it means he ran it really hard with no maintanence. Good luck with your 19 I think they are pretty bad ass

GH41
07-27-13, 06:08
What Filthy Phill said! Woodbury's doesn't rip you off with shipping like some online sellers. GH