PDA

View Full Version : Leupold Deltapoint vs Trijicon RMR02 for M&P CORE?

LoneStarM1A
07-27-13, 19:30
Hi,

I just bought an M&P 40 pro "CORE" 5" barreled model. I'm looking for a decent Red Dot Sight to try out. I realize this has been discussed a bit on here and feel like I have searched for and read as much information as possible, but still haven't reached a definitive conclusion.

I'm leaning toward the Leupold Deltapoint because of the wider lens which reportedly makes it easier to pick up the red dot both during the draw and during recoil. Unfortunately reliability on it seems spotty and the zero adjustment screws are reportedly finicky.

On the RMR front, if I end up with one, I'm leaning toward the RMR02 LED model. Apparently the adjustable LED RMR's (RMR07) aren't up to snuff reliability wise yet and have problems in slide mounted applications. So, the disadvantages of the RMR02 would be smaller lens making dot pickup more difficult, the dot always staying on which means more frequent battery changes, and automatic brightness adjustment only, which means it might be susceptible to washout in certain situations. The advantage is that it's probably more robust than the Deltapoint and the zero adjustments are easier to use.

Any thoughts are appreciated. The pistol will be pretty much a range/competition use pistol only. I'll stick to standard night sights on my carry/duty/home defense pistols for now.

MiamiCracker
07-27-13, 19:34
Here is a review for the Voretx reflex sight. It's another option if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqy_FuJAWAE

LoneStarM1A
07-27-13, 19:47
Actually I was looking at the Vortex because I saw that Jerry Miculek was using one on his CORE, but I don't think it cowitnesses with the iron sights because its base is too thick. I could be wrong though. I would prefer something that will cowitness with the tall sights on the CORE.

NCPatrolAR
07-30-13, 07:45
I've yet to expereince a problem with washout on my RMR02