PDA

View Full Version : Which adapter do i need for an eotech xps2

italius222
07-28-13, 19:50
I know im going to get flamed for this but im out of options. I want to attach an eotech xps2 to a picatinny rail. I searched for adapters and i think i found the correct one that my local gunsmith said to get. Is this correct? Remember im trying to connect an eotech xps2 (3/8 dovetail) to my picatinny rail on the rifle......

It looks incorrect to me....

http://www.airgunwarehouseinc.com/py-a-4148.html?utm_source=bingshopping&utm_medium=cse

Ryno12
07-28-13, 19:56
I'm confused. The XPS attaches directly to a rail. You don't need an adapter.

I know im going to get flamed for this but im out of options. I want to attach an eotech xps2 to a picatinny rail. I searched for adapters and i think i found the correct one that my local gunsmith said to get. Is this correct? Remember im trying to connect an eotech xps2 (3/8 dovetail) to my picatinny rail on the rifle......

It looks incorrect to me....

http://www.airgunwarehouseinc.com/py-a-4148.html?utm_source=bingshopping&utm_medium=cse

Sent via Tapatalk

italius222
07-28-13, 19:57
The eotechs i looked at said it was dovetail. Also how much are they supposed to b going for? Did the gun ban scare cause inflation?

italius222
07-28-13, 20:08
Thanks turbo for sending me that link, and about the price inflation, have eotech xps2's always been 500$

Ryno12
07-28-13, 20:09
EOTechs attach to a standard rail. I assume you are installing this on an AR? If so, there is no need for an adapter.
Depending on the the model, I've seen them starting as low as $450. The EXPS models have a quick release lever & a 7mm riser, the XPS models don't. It would depend on where you purchased it but most reputable vendors haven't raised their prices on them.

The eotechs i looked at said it was dovetail. Also how much are they supposed to b going for? Did the gun ban scare cause inflation?

Sent via Tapatalk

italius222
07-28-13, 20:14
EOTechs attach to a standard rail. I assume you are installing this on an AR? If so, there is no need for an adapter.
Depending on the the model, I've seen them starting as low as $450. The EXPS models have a quick release lever & a 7mm riser, the XPS models don't. It would depend on where you purchased it but most reputable vendors haven't raised their prices on them.

Sent via Tapatalk

Yup, turbo sent me a link to the proper eotech, thank you for ur help. And thanks for telling me the difference between the exps and xps, i didnt know that. If the case being that 450-500 is normal, i may just purchase another aimpoint pro. I already own one and love it, but i wanted to change it up and go with the eotech cause i hear great things about it also

mkmckinley
07-28-13, 20:15
The XPS will mount directly to any picatinny rail using a thumb screw and will give you a full cowitness. The EXPS comes with a quick release mount and will give you a lower 1/3 cowitness. The quick release setup uses a lever that's less likely to loosen up than the thumb screw and the lower 1/3 cowitness is preferable to full. If you have to have an Eotech the EXPS is the only way to go.

italius222
07-28-13, 20:19
Yea, i need to cowitness so its good that u guys told me. Thanks

mkmckinley
07-28-13, 20:25
Well they both cowitness, just different amounts. Full puts the irons in the middle of your optic window, lower 1/3 puts them in the lower 1/3. Most people prefer lower 1/3.

Make sure you know what you're getting before you plunk down a bunch of cash.

swinokur
07-29-13, 05:16
You can buy a Larue or YHM riser to allow a lower third co-witness with the XPS sights.