PDA

View Full Version : Noveske BCGs ??

midSCarolina
07-29-13, 11:08
I understand this is really a matter of opinion but I don't know much about Noveske bolts. I know their uppers and lowers are CMT and I know about their barrels but I can't really find any good information on the BCGs.

I am in the process of building a 10.5" Noveske and i am having trouble deciding on a BCG. I like having matching parts but if there is something better out there, I am not opposed to sticking non-Noveske parts in it for the sake of quality and longevity. Anyways... I am trying to decide if I should get the Noveske BCG (can't find one right now but I have a full 6 months while I wait on the stamp for the lower to find one) or if I should go with an LMT enhanced BCG. I am running an enhanced bolt with a standard carrier in a 14.5" I have currently so i would just swap out the carriers so that the enhanced carrier is in the 14.5." Is the Noveske bolt or LMT enhanced bolt better? Sorry for the rambling but i am having one of those :confused: moments.

Here is what I have currently:

-Noveske stripped upper
-Noveske Stripped Gen 1 lower
-Noveske 10.5" SS barrel w/ pinned block ect ect

Still to order:
-Daniel Defense LPK (unless there is a better quality LPK that I haven't thought of)
-Enhanced LMT or Noveske BCG
-Geissele SSA or SD-C
-Black DD RIS II MK18
-KAC Triple Tap
-Centurion BUIS
-VLTOR A5 Buffer system
-Magpul CTR
-Aimpoint CompM3 + KAC mount

Thanks for the help... quality is my main concern on this rifle. It will probably be suppressed about 25% of the time.

http://i1366.photobucket.com/albums/r775/bornSINNERintermediates/Noveskerecievers_zps401e459b.jpg

jwperry
07-29-13, 15:08
I'd use either a SAW Colt LPK or a Colt LPK and ALG QMS trigger from Brownells. I'm less then enamered with the DD LPKs I've used(triggers were not very nice and the roll pins never seemed to fit into the trigger guard on both).

As for your main question, I'm pretty sure I read that Noveske also uses CMT for their BCGs. Since you're just interested in the carrier, it doesn't really matter. Just pick one with either a roll mark you like and good staking or a blank one with good staking.

I'd also rethink your BUIS choice unless you have time behind diopter sights.

midSCarolina
07-29-13, 16:01
I'd use either a SAW Colt LPK or a Colt LPK and ALG QMS trigger from Brownells. I'm less then enamered with the DD LPKs I've used(triggers were not very nice and the roll pins never seemed to fit into the trigger guard on both).

As for your main question, I'm pretty sure I read that Noveske also uses CMT for their BCGs. Since you're just interested in the carrier, it doesn't really matter. Just pick one with either a roll mark you like and good staking or a blank one with good staking.

I'd also rethink your BUIS choice unless you have time behind diopter sights.

Sorry for the misunderstanding... i am interested in the bolt as well. All that talk about carriers is bc in the case of the LMT enhanced carrier, you are not supposed to run it on anything shorter than 14.5 so i would have to change out the enhanced carrier for a standard carrier that I already have so that the 10.5 will function properly. The Colt LPK sounds like a good plan. Thank you

midSCarolina
07-30-13, 09:39
I think I am just going to stick with what I know... LMT enhanced bolt. I'll buy a Noveske to have as a backup but I really just have never found really solid information on these Noveske bolts... I assume they are 100% based on Noveske's reputation.

Mods: you can close this thread down

TehLlama
07-30-13, 12:20
I think I am just going to stick with what I know... LMT enhanced bolt. I'll buy a Noveske to have as a backup but I really just have never found really solid information on these Noveske bolts... I assume they are 100% based on Noveske's reputation.

Mods: you can close this thread down

Considering what they sell complete uppers for, I have little doubt the BCG would let down the quality train - it's not some complete mystery how to build adequate spec BCG's, it's just a mystery why companies try to make them for $20 cheaper knowing full well it's not as good.

gesundheit
07-30-13, 12:29
OP, CMT is not the only vendor Noveske has sourced their lowers from. JD Machine is another one that used to provide lowers for Noveske. I am not in the know about who is providing their lowers these days.

midSCarolina
07-30-13, 12:40
OP, CMT is not the only vendor Noveske has sourced their lowers from. JD Machine is another one that used to provide lowers for Noveske. I am not in the know about who is providing their lowers these days.

Appreciate it... i was basing that off of a 2008 interview so things could definitely have changed some.