PDA

View Full Version : "Radar 1957" holsters?

Slater
07-29-13, 12:19
Anyone ever heard of this outfit before? I believe the British Army selected their holster for their new Glock 17's. Not sure if they market to the US at all:

http://www.radar1957.com/

montrala
07-29-13, 16:03
If you would think that Serpa push button system is bad, at least Serpa places thumb along slide. Radar1957 L.E.P. system has button that places finger in line with trigger :confused:

Meplat
07-29-13, 16:54
Looks like SERPA 2.0. Now with even more risky release placement. My guess is that, if they are supplying the British military or any other military, it has more to do with unit/mass order price than anything else. Just like the SERPA.

The cheesy super-cop advertising with the shades looks like something out of a '90s action film, too. And the catalog cover that looks like the DVD cover of the Matrix. :cool:

montrala
07-30-13, 04:51
Looks like SERPA 2.0. Now with even more risky release placement. My guess is that, if they are supplying the British military or any other military, it has more to do with unit/mass order price than anything else. Just like the SERPA.

The cheesy super-cop advertising with the shades looks like something out of a '90s action film, too. And the catalog cover that looks like the DVD cover of the Matrix. :cool:

It is Italy, you know. Design in first place, function is not as important as looks. Works for fashion industry, even for car industry, so why not for firearms industry. "Nobody is going to shoot it anyway", like we like to say here in Poland ;)

Meplat
07-30-13, 11:08
It is Italy, you know. Design in first place, function is not as important as looks. Works for fashion industry, even for car industry, so why not for firearms industry. "Nobody is going to shoot it anyway", like we like to say here in Poland ;)

I went back and took a second look again. Looks like Officer Doofy couldn't figure out trigger discipline, either. :neo:

okie john
08-01-13, 14:34
Looks like they offer a mix of older Safariland and Bianchi stuff as well as a Serpa knock-off.

Bonus points: their duty gear is available IN WHITE.

Okie John

jck397
08-01-13, 16:17

My sister is married to a former Carabinieri Officer who explained to me that they carried SOB in uniform so that the gun printing wouldn't ruin the cut of the uniform coat, so I believe this.

montrala
08-01-13, 17:53
My sister is married to a former Carabinieri Officer who explained to me that they carried SOB in uniform so that the gun printing wouldn't ruin the cut of the uniform coat, so I believe this.

To give Italians their due, when they can merge looks and function together, they make amazing stuff. And they also can give great names to things. I miss my Lancia Delta HF Integrale Evoluzione Sedici. :cray:

BBT Good Italian holsters and accessories are from this guys:

http://www.ghostinternational.com/GB/