PDA

View Full Version : Storm Lake S&W M&P 45 barrel question...

clark98ut
07-30-13, 10:15
I just picked up a mid-size (4") M&P45 from Grant, and I'm trying to track down a threaded barrel for it. Storm Lake said they would not sell direct and to contact Midway or Brownells. Neither of them list the part number that I'm looking for--SW-MPM-45ACP-461-05T or SW-MPM-45ACP-461-05T-T-BK.

1) Does anyone know where to find one? And yes, I've contacted Grant.

2) I've found a 4.60" barrel. Does anyone know if there's enough meat on the bone there to thread it? The threaded barrel is listed as 4.61" vs. this 4.60" barrel. Thoughts?

Thanks,

Dan

MegademiC
07-30-13, 11:06
You just need to find a distributor, they have a locator on their website, and then they can order what you want.

You can also price it out for yourself on their website.

rjacobs
07-30-13, 21:30
From everything i read when I had my MP45mid and I was trying to find a threaded barrel for it is that the extended barrels wont fit into the slide. I got rid of my MP45mid.

I know thats not what you want to hear.

clark98ut
07-30-13, 21:34
Storm Lake definitely makes one for the mid-size. It's just finding one that's the problem!

rjacobs
07-30-13, 21:40
Storm Lake definitely makes one for the mid-size. It's just finding one that's the problem!

They do indeed make one(supposedly), thats not the issue. Its that it wont fit.

I researched it to death and NEVER found anybody that was running one. I found one guy that said he had the barrel, but he never replied to his own thread whether it fit or not.

One thread I found a guy was thinking about dremeling out his slide so that he could get the barrel tilted enough to get it into the slide.

Let me know if you find one and it works as I still have the MP45(sold it to my dad) and wouldnt mind getting a barrel for it, but it was easier for me to sell the gun(my dad wanted it bad after shooting it) and getting a gun with a threaded barrel from the factory(HK45C).

MegademiC
07-31-13, 09:33
They make them.
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh63/vinnyraf870/bbl_zps99716676.png (http://s253.photobucket.com/user/vinnyraf870/media/bbl_zps99716676.png.html)

If it doesn't work as advertised - I'm sure you could send it back and have them fix it, like just about any other company or product - then again, I have never tried.

That said, you cant order direct, as I understand it, you need to have a local distributor order one. I've looked into it a little bit as I am getting a 40-9 conversion barrel soon.

clark98ut
08-01-13, 16:09
Brownell's has one on order for me, so we'll see how it does. The question now is what arrives first--my stamp or the barrel!