PDA

View Full Version : Model 1 Sales barrels.

Super M4
04-15-08, 16:30
Hi guys, does any one ever tried any ar model 1 sales barrels or know if they are good or something? Thanks for your help.

Shihan
04-15-08, 17:38
Their stuff is the opposite of your screen name.

C4IGrant
04-15-08, 17:45
Pass on them. You get what you pay for.

C4

ARin
04-15-08, 18:39
They are made by ER Shaw, which, as a barrel maker, is CAPABLE of excellence....however, the Model 1 bbls seem to be hit and miss in terms of performance. on their mil style bbls, they do not follow the specs....wrong barrel steel, no park under the FSB, etc....

pay a little more somewhere else, and get a lot more.

varoadking
04-15-08, 18:54
Speaking not as an expert in the field, because I certainly am not, but rather as someone who actually has a Model 1 Sales M4 kit with chromed lined barrel on a DPMS lower - I can't say enough good things about the build.

It is tight, well finished and accurate, though I will admit that I asked Robb to ream the chamber to address the occassional FTE I experienced using surplus ammo...

It may not be a boutique piece, but it certainly gets the job done...quite well...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v22/varoadking/008.jpg

YMMV

ARin
04-15-08, 20:10
you had to have the chamber reamed and you cant say enough good things about it?:rolleyes:

Ive owned 2 different m1s barrels....a 16 chromed m4 profile, and a 16 SS hbar. both were mediocre performers, even with match ammo.

folks, listen carefully, m1s bbls are some of the cheapest on the market for a reason....because they are some of the CHEAPEST on the market.

Robb Jensen
04-15-08, 21:22
you had to have the chamber reamed and you cant say enough good things about it?:rolleyes:

Ive owned 2 different m1s barrels....a 16 chromed m4 profile, and a 16 SS hbar. both were mediocre performers, even with match ammo.

folks, listen carefully, m1s bbls are some of the cheapest on the market for a reason....because they are some of the CHEAPEST on the market.

The thing is, is that his rifle now works and works very well. It may not be the best barrel on the market and it doesn't need to be, but it works. I would say a working gun is good......................YMMV.

ARin
04-15-08, 22:36
The thing is, is that his rifle now works and works very well. It may not be the best barrel on the market and it doesn't need to be, but it works. I would say a working gun is good......................YMMV.

i cannot argue with that.....however, i CAN argue with RECOMMENDING a barrel that needed TLC before it would function properly.

a much better barrel can be had for NOT much more money. that is all.

Robb Jensen
04-16-08, 05:51
i cannot argue with that.....however, i CAN argue with RECOMMENDING a barrel that needed TLC before it would function properly.

a much better barrel can be had for NOT much more money. that is all.

I wouldn't call it TLC, I'd call it a 1 minute job. It's really that easy.

FWIW many AR barrels benefit with use of the reamer. Some problematic AR bbls that were remedied with my personally owned 5.56mm reamer include M1Sales (Shaw), S&W, Stag, ArmaLite, Olympic, Bushmaster, LMT, RRA, Del-Ton(Shaw) even a few Colts.........:eek:

This is where evaluating what someone actually needs should be weighed in what they should actually buy. A friend of mine gave me a 11.5" M1Sales barrel. He couldn't get it to run on his AR pistol. I used it on my wifes SBR, reamed it with a Ned Christiansens 5.56mm NATO reamer, I had it reprofiled from an HBAR to .650" under the handguards and refinished it with black Norrells moly resin and it's run fine in the 4K rounds that we've owned it (1K rounds of that was full auto on a friends M16s lower). My wife shoots about 2K rounds per year with this rifle and it's great for how much she shoots. Of the ARs we own this one is the 2nd most accurate (her Noveske is the most accurate). So as I said before YMMV.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/gunpics/Glock19011.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/99c7fdca.jpg

KACSR15
04-17-08, 10:35
A little off topic but......... I have ZERO experience with the barrel maker being discussed but here are my feeling regarding TLC or what ever you want to call it on new products.

My wife bought me a new SR15 for me when I was home on vacation from Afghanistan in Jan. It was a beautiful piece of kit right out of the box but it had an issue. I made a call and after III called the house to discuss the matter. Then the decision to send the upper back to KAC was made. They took care of everything and then some. Sure nobody want's to have work / TLC done on something brand new but it happens. Things slip by the folks in assembly at times, nobody is perfect. I have no issues with the SR or Knight's. They treated me very good and can't say enough about their customer service, willingness to answer my questions and make sure I was 110% happy in the end. I am more than happy and would recommend them to anyone who asks. Just remember, it's your money, spend it how you see fit.