PDA

View Full Version : Noveske NSR vs. Quad Rail

Armadillo
07-31-13, 22:58
The NRS looks very nice and is lighter.

The quad rail is older and heavier- it costs about $200 more.

Is the higher price of the quad rail justified?

Iraqgunz
08-01-13, 00:25
Not sure where you got your numbers from but the NSR rails are almost on par with quad rails in price.

As for whether or not something is worth it that's something you have to decide.

The NRS looks very nice and is lighter.
The quad rail is older and heavier- it costs about $200 more.

Is the higher price of the quad rail justified?

Armadillo
08-01-13, 00:28
Not sure where you got your numbers from but the NSR rails are almost on par with quad rails in price.

As for whether or not something is worth it that's something you have to decide.

I was comparing prices of uppers on the Noveske site.

If one is better than the other for whatever reason- just get 2 of each. :D

Iraqgunz
08-01-13, 01:01
You need to compare rail against rail, not uppers.

I was comparing prices of uppers on the Noveske site.

If one is better than the other for whatever reason- just get 2 of each. :D

Armadillo
08-01-13, 01:05
I am looking at the 16" Light Recce... one Lo-Pro and one w/ NSR.

Are there any other differences other than the rail?

Javelin
08-01-13, 01:16
I like the standard Noveske rail but I own a couple Noveskes with VIS, regular Noveske rail and that tube rail that's on my 8". I've held the nsr but it wasn't for me but it did feel very slender and very cool so you just need to find someone that has one and see for yourself.

jerrysimons
08-01-13, 09:06
I think the difference in price is due to manufacturing costs, but I am not sure. The NSR rails do seem like they would require less machine time.

As for their merits, I am sold on the NSR keymod concept; a minimalist profile and weight shavings without sacrificing modularity with direct attach.

If the thin profile is something you like (I really like it in my smaller hands), then I don't see why not to go with the lighter, less expensive option (w/ complete uppers anyway). Especially if you are looking at getting the heavier stainless Noveske barrels, you can mitigate some of the weight with the rail.

Good luck finding a complete Noveske upper btw! ;)

sua175
08-01-13, 17:14
mission drives the equipment not the other war around. I always run a peq15/peq2 light, 2 point sling and usually a stubby vert grip. so a quad rail especially on a short gun is a must for me. I do like the hybrid rails such as the giessle mk4 and KAC URX3.1 as they seem to have the best of both worlds.

If you run your gun slick then I would say the keymod would fit your needs. if your like me and have to mount everything and the kitchen sink then maybe the quad rail is what you need

rapomstage3
08-01-13, 17:29
Keymod is the future me thinks..

n4p226r
08-03-13, 06:22
I don't have a lot of experience but I prefer my buddies keymod seekins rail over quad rails I've held. My first ar will have an nsr on it

silviacrazed
08-03-13, 06:48
I have the NSR on one rifle and a DD Omega X on another. I much prefer the feel and weight of the NSR.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Zane1844
08-03-13, 06:49
If keymod suffices for you, and it feels nice in hand, also is lighter then go for it.

Quad rails are all I know. I was extremely close to buying an NSR simply to save weight, around 6ozs I believe. I bought ammo instead, however. I was looking to replace the 12" DD LITE.

The difference between my 9" Omega X and the 9" NSR in weight is not enough to justify switching.

Armadillo
04-24-16, 21:45
Looking for more opinions on the subject of a Noveske upper.

I have a 14.5 inch NSR that I like.

I want to build a 10.5 inch + muzzle brake. (SBR)
What rail should I get for it?

Should I wait for the Key Mod / M Lok choice rail (you will be able to decide which rail you want) to be made this Summer, or should I get a quad rail instead.

Being that I don't hang much off the rail - would that play a part in my decision?

Leonidas24
04-25-16, 00:47
Looking for more opinions on the subject of a Noveske upper.

I have a 14.5 inch NSR that I like.

I want to build a 10.5 inch + muzzle brake. (SBR)
What rail should I get for it?

Should I wait for the Key Mod / M Lok choice rail (you will be able to decide which rail you want) to be made this Summer, or should I get a quad rail instead.

Being that I don't hang much off the rail - would that play a part in my decision?

First, holy necro post batman. Second, that FB photo by Noveske was an April Fools' joke. Third, out of the available KM handguards the longest you'll be able to fit behind a 10.5" barrel would be a 9" handguard. Between BCM, SLR, Noveske, et. al, take your pick.

fledge
04-25-16, 01:18
SMOS has a 9" mlok rail in same style as the NSR, if mlok is what you want.

If you want both quad and keymod in one:

http://bootleginc.com

Armadillo
04-25-16, 15:29
First, holy necro post batman. Second, that FB photo by Noveske was an April Fools' joke. Third, out of the available KM handguards the longest you'll be able to fit behind a 10.5" barrel would be a 9" handguard. Between BCM, SLR, Noveske, et. al, take your pick.

Yes, I know about the April fools joke combo Key Mod / M Lok rail.

I don't think that the Noveske M Lok rail was a joke too, was it?

I was hoping Noveske would make a M Lok also in addition to the Key Mod.