PDA

View Full Version : Multitasker Series 3 Pouch

afff_667
08-01-13, 12:04
I did a search but didn't find a specific answer to this issue, so forgive me if my search skills are weak and I missed something.

I just received a new Multitasker Series 3 and am curious about pouches for it, particularly ones that include a pocket for the bits. I realize that there are many options for a multitool, but I'd like to find something that has a specific spot for the bits and holder. I see OSOE has a Multitasker 2 pouch that has a pocket for the bits, but I'm curious if there are any other suggestions.

By the way, ordered Multitasker from SKD on Tuesday and have it in my hands this morning...thanks, SKD. The tool is pretty impressive and seems like money well spent.

Thanks.

Ledanek
08-01-13, 16:50
I'm cheap so forgive me if TX doesn't have these places

TJMaxx
Marshalls
Ross

these places surprises me with these $7cellphone puches (though not tactical) can hold some multi tools.

Second place to visit are Menards, Home Depot, Lowes, Freight Harbor.

Good luck

Jonny4523
10-21-13, 08:09
A small company called EGL makes one that looks pretty quality. I don't have one, so I can't speak directly.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10153322583470456.1073741876.347333770455&type=1

coastwatcher42
10-21-13, 09:41
I just received a new Multitasker Series 3

Thanks.

I have toyed with the idea of getting one of these but I've never seen one in person nor do I know anyone who has one. What are your initial thoughts about it?

afff_667
10-21-13, 12:19
I have toyed with the idea of getting one of these but I've never seen one in person nor do I know anyone who has one. What are your initial thoughts about it?

I'm not good at reviews, but I love the thing and have used it for a wide variety of tasks since getting it. I should preface that endorsement, however, by saying that I really haven't used it much as a weapons tool. I bought it primarily for the "what if" factor and as something that could be good to have in the range bag. I've pretty much taken my Leatherman Wave as my regular multi-tool out of rotation and replaced it with the Multitasker 3.

Overall, construction, fit, finish, etc are excellent, and the G10 scales are grippier than my other multi-tools (both Leatherman and Gerber). The wire cutter is sharp, works well, and is replaceable. My only concern is that the FSB adjustment tool and bits are held in only by magnetism. I've used the screw driver and hex bits a few times and didn't have any problems, but I'd be more comfortable if there was a more positive mounting system. Again, no problems encountered, just a personal thing. The blade is very nice, too.

I should also add that I ended up getting a OSOE multitasker pouch with buckle for it and am also very happy with that. The tool and bits fit snugly and securely with pocket clip installed (will take it off soon, though), and construction of the pouch itself is top notch. No complaints.

coastwatcher42
10-21-13, 19:52
I'm not good at reviews, but I love the thing and have used it for a wide variety of tasks since getting it. I should preface that endorsement, however, by saying that I really haven't used it much as a weapons tool. I bought it primarily for the "what if" factor and as something that could be good to have in the range bag. I've pretty much taken my Leatherman Wave as my regular multi-tool out of rotation and replaced it with the Multitasker 3.

Overall, construction, fit, finish, etc are excellent, and the G10 scales are grippier than my other multi-tools (both Leatherman and Gerber). The wire cutter is sharp, works well, and is replaceable. My only concern is that the FSB adjustment tool and bits are held in only by magnetism. I've used the screw driver and hex bits a few times and didn't have any problems, but I'd be more comfortable if there was a more positive mounting system. Again, no problems encountered, just a personal thing. The blade is very nice, too.M

I should also add that I ended up getting a OSOE multitasker pouch with buckle for it and am also very happy with that. The tool and bits fit snugly and securely with pocket clip installed (will take it off soon, though), and construction of the pouch itself is top notch. No complaints.

Thanks, I appreciate your taking the time to give me your input. Your review made up my mind for me and I ordered one this evening, as well as the OSOE pouch. I'm looking forward to their arrival so that I can try it out.

peruna
10-24-13, 07:36
The OSOE Multitasker 2 pouch fits the Series 3 tool.

JSantoro
10-24-13, 08:09
A small company called EGL makes one that looks pretty quality. I don't have one, so I can't speak directly.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10153322583470456.1073741876.347333770455&type=1

For non-FB folks, you can PM eggroll on M4C, if you have questions.

J_B
10-24-13, 16:22
The OSOE Multitasker 2 pouch fits the Series 3 tool.

Good to know if I replace my 2 with a 3.

No complaints in regards to the SOE Multitasker 2 pouch.

I have an OD with Velcro flap instead of buckle. It's secures just fine.

SWATcop556
10-27-13, 23:49
For non-FB folks, you can PM eggroll on M4C, if you have questions.

Egg is good people making top notch kit. I'm ordering up two of his pouches for my multi taskers.

JohnnyC
10-28-13, 00:47
Egg is good people making top notch kit. I'm ordering up two of his pouches for my multi taskers.

This. He's good shit.

eggroll
10-28-13, 17:47
thanks gents!

ggammell
05-03-15, 04:31
Thread revival!

Looking for a pouch myself, that holds both the tool and the accessory bits. I've seen the OSOE but am not thrilled by the huge buckle. I've seen the EGL model but don't want to wait a couple months. There's the Emdom version which would fit the bill.

I'm looking for opinions of those and/or other products I might have missed. It's not going to be worn,I'm just want to keep it all together as it goes from place to place.

coastwatcher42
05-03-15, 22:41
I ran across a pouch the other day that looks like it would be excellent for the Multitasker. It is made by US Palm and is reasonably priced at $18. It doesn't say specifically that the Multitasker and attatchments will fit, but it looks like they will. It has 2 pockets in the pouch, one for the tool and one for the attachments. Perhaps you could contact them and ask if it will work for the Multitasker.

https://uspalm.com/product/multi-tool-pouch/

ggammell
05-03-15, 23:28
I ran across a pouch the other day that looks like it would be excellent for the Multitasker. It is made by US Palm and is reasonably priced at $18. It doesn't say specifically that the Multitasker and attatchments will fit, but it looks like they will. It has 2 pockets in the pouch, one for the tool and one for the attachments. Perhaps you could contact them and ask if it will work for the Multitasker.

https://uspalm.com/product/multi-tool-pouch/

Thanks for this one. I sent them an email. Ill advise on their response.

afff_667
05-03-15, 23:39
Coming up on two years from my original post, and I'm still happy and remain impressed with the tool and OSOE pouch. The buckle is large but is no problem if you, like me, use the pouch for storage and not daily carry. My tool and pouch bounce around in a variety of bags depending on where I'm going or what I'm doing. I will not buy anything else from OSOE, but I don't regret this purchase.

ggammell
05-05-15, 19:22
So I emailed US Palm about their pouch compatibility. A sales rep (Steve Davis) got back to me pretty quick. He said he wasn't sure but he was having a buddy bring a Series 3 tool by the shop to check it out. Not only did he reply that the tool did fit in the pouch, he included three full size photos showing such. I couldn't see if the accessory bit kit was there but the tool definitely fit. Willing to give it a shot, I found that they are out of stock on each of the 5 colors they offer. I'm waiting to hear back on a restock ETA.

ggammell
08-18-15, 13:53
A little follow up...

I came across the Griffon Industries Muff Sack Mini (or Nut Sack) the other night. It looks like exactly what I'm after so I ordered it. It comes in a ton of colors or patterns and its $24 shipped.

http://www.griffonindustries.com/product_p/nut-sack.htm

Plenty of pics on google to show you how it works with the tool and accessories.

titsonritz
08-26-15, 14:59
They can be ordered with Velcro closures too.

Thread revival!

Looking for a pouch myself, that holds both the tool and the accessory bits. I've seen the OSOE but am not thrilled by the huge buckle. I've seen the EGL model but don't want to wait a couple months. There's the Emdom version which would fit the bill.

I'm looking for opinions of those and/or other products I might have missed. It's not going to be worn,I'm just want to keep it all together as it goes from place to place.

Coming up on two years from my original post, and I'm still happy and remain impressed with the tool and OSOE pouch. The buckle is large but is no problem if you, like me, use the pouch for storage and not daily carry. My tool and pouch bounce around in a variety of bags depending on where I'm going or what I'm doing. I will not buy anything else from OSOE, but I don't regret this purchase.

Personally, I like the one from EGL. In addition to the holding the Multitasker and bit set it has a little slot pocket to hold a Combat Optic tool. Pretty well thought out.