PDA

View Full Version : Beretta M9 question

Slater
08-02-13, 12:03
Does anyone know if currently manufactured M9's (either civilian version or military contract) have phased out the old half-moon rear sights in favor of a newer type?

Kain
08-02-13, 14:16
From checking the Beretta site it looks like from the pictures that the commercial M9s have the half moon sights, while the Commercial M9A1s appear to have three dot night sites. Just what I can find looking around quick.

G-lock
08-02-13, 16:27
My M9A1 has the three dots, late 2012 manufacture..

Krull
08-02-13, 18:10
I can check to be sure,but last I heard the newer M9's are coming in a blue plastic box instead of the cardboard and have three dot sights.

At any rate it'd be easy enough to paint over the half moon and fill in the dots since it comes with both.

foxtrotx1
08-02-13, 22:53
As said above, the rear sight is universal, it just depends what dots are painted. Mine are blacked out entirely, however, you could paint either notches.

ThirdWatcher
08-04-13, 03:16
^^^ Exactly right.^^^

ca_fireman19
08-29-13, 00:46
I can check to be sure,but last I heard the newer M9's are coming in a blue plastic box instead of the cardboard and have three dot sights.

At any rate it'd be easy enough to paint over the half moon and fill in the dots since it comes with both.

Just picked up a brand new M9...came in a nice blue plastic case and has the "dot and post" (half moon) sights. I find I have faster target acquisition with this style.

Krull
08-29-13, 02:54
Just picked up a brand new M9...came in a nice blue plastic case and has the "dot and post" (half moon) sights. I find I have faster target acquisition with this style.

I'm a member at the Beretta forum,I know the boxes changed but wasn't sure of the sights just something I glanced over a few months ago which is why I said I can check thanks for confirming that (me being to lazy too go dig without being asked :jester:)

Like you I prefer the dot and post.

prez1967
08-30-13, 08:11
M9A1 with three dot system... Easily swapped out if your so inclined.

I wouldnt buy a M9 when the 92FS has the sites I prefer.

ShipWreck
08-30-13, 22:31
M9A1 with three dot system... Easily swapped out if your so inclined.

I wouldnt buy a M9 when the 92FS has the sites I prefer.

I agree with you about the M9 sights. I like the 3 dot sights