PDA

View Full Version : Former IT director reportedly sues State Attorney Angela Corey for wrongful terminati

Voodoochild
08-02-13, 13:51
I bet this dude gets his payday and Angela Corey gets a big middle finger in the face.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/08/02/former-it-director-reportedly-sues-state-attorney-angela-corey-for-wrongful/

cinco
08-02-13, 13:53
Right on! She deserves to lose everything and work for him for the rest of her pathetic life.

glocktogo
08-02-13, 15:28
Let's hope this sticks...hard. :D

Moose-Knuckle
08-02-13, 17:02
Now maybe more will come out and start the snow ball effect on this "see you next tuesday".

tb-av
08-02-13, 17:49
If this is that guy that testified in the trial I hope he wins every penny.

Voodoochild
08-02-13, 18:14
If this is that guy that testified in the trial I hope he wins every penny.

Indeed it is him.

SeriousStudent
08-02-13, 19:12
The guy did the right thing. The state had discovered evidence and failed to turn it over to the defense. That's wrong, period.

I hope the guy gets his margarita exactly how he wants it at a beach resort. I'm just sad the taxpayers have to come up with the money, and not Corey.

I hope this gets her disbarred, too.

jpmuscle
08-02-13, 19:35
Well if there is anything truth to the whole karma thing this women has had hers coming for a very very very long time.

moonshot
08-02-13, 23:01
The state had discovered evidence and failed to turn it over to the defense. That's wrong, period.

It's also illegal.

SeriousStudent
08-02-13, 23:13
It's also illegal.

Agreed. Which is exactly why I hope she gets disbarred. If I do illegal stuff at my job, they are going to do a lot more than just take away my Captain Midnight Secret Decoder Ring.

I hope she gets disbarred, and then gets an all-expense paid trip to Club Fed. Which should be a rollicking good time, her being a (former) prosecutor and all.

kmrtnsn
08-02-13, 23:25
It's also illegal.

Actually, an overly broad interpretation of the discovery obligation, which is for the trial attorneys to decide and provide through appropriate channels and in the proper medium. Mssr. Tech Dude was outside his lane, he was rightfully terminated, whether we like it or not.

Sensei
08-02-13, 23:45
Actually, an overly broad interpretation of the discovery obligation, which is for the trial attorneys to decide and provide through appropriate channels and in the proper medium. Mssr. Tech Dude was outside his lane, he was rightfully terminated, whether we like it or not.

Although I'm not a lawyer, I just read the FL Rules of Criminal Procedure Section 3.220. I'm struggling to see how the prosecution did not violate their obligations.

jpmuscle
08-02-13, 23:50

Right but in this case it sounds as though the prosecution purposely knowingly suppressed information that would have been beneficial to the defense. Then there was the whole perjurious affidavit nonsense too.

brushy bill
08-03-13, 07:49
The guy did the right thing. The state had discovered evidence and failed to turn it over to the defense. That's wrong, period.

I hope the guy gets his margarita exactly how he wants it at a beach resort. I'm just sad the taxpayers have to come up with the money, and not Corey.

I hope this gets her disbarred, too.

Be interesting to see how this pans out. If the allegations are true, I'd hope she and not the citizens have to pay plaintiff.

SeriousStudent
08-03-13, 09:19

I'd honestly like some additional info on that. I have skin in this particular game, I do discovery stuff and recover information stored in electronic form as part of my job. The way I understand it from our company's lawyers, is that if I find it, they turn it over.

I'm not waving my hands in the air or being pissy. But if you have something that I can hand over to our lawyers, I'd be really appreciative, it might keep me personally out of trouble someday.

Thanks, and stay safe.