PDA

View Full Version : FN complete upper

Hezeus
08-03-13, 17:53
Found an upper for sale and was curious about what it's worth. Thought the NFA guys may know more than the casual AR collector.

It's an FN complete A3 or A4 upper - not sure how to tell the difference. Great condition.

20" barrel. F marked front sight, F marked BCG, Square forge carry handle and upper rec.

Any source info or approx value would be great.

Split66
08-03-13, 19:28
Found an upper for sale and was curious about what it's worth. Thought the NFA guys may know more than the casual AR collector.

It's an FN complete A3 or A4 upper - not sure how to tell the difference. Great condition.

20" barrel. F marked front sight, F marked BCG, Square forge carry handle and upper rec.

Any source info or approx value would be great.

The NFA guys will take 6 to 9 months to respond to your request so don't bet on it.

:)

Most uppers I've seen like that roll anywhere from $700 to $900 when they are complete with the BCG and carry handle and depending on if they have the Rifle RAS. As for info, PK firearms were building complete FN uppers a few years back this may be one of those? Others I've seen appear to be .mil surplus of unknown origin. Good luck.

AMMOTECH
08-03-13, 20:12
Unless you are looking to build some type of FN clone I'd pass and just get a new upper.

BCM would be a good pick; when you can find them in stock.
http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-M16-Government-20-Upper-Receiver-Group-p/bcm-urg-gov-20.htm

Army Chief
08-03-13, 20:13
I believe the OP is located abroad (DK), and may therefore be a bit more limited on what he has immediately available to him.

AC

Hezeus
08-03-13, 23:03
Will the NFA guys also charge me $200 for the advice?

It does have a RAS on it. Seller states it's all genuine complete FN. Everything checks out. Very nice.

As for getting a BCM, very fine product but I've had them and sold them without any regret.

As for being in Denmark... Chief, after all I wrote about secrecy, do you think I'd tell people where I really live? I'm actually in Peru. ( ;

Thank you for the advice and feedback gentleman.

Iraqgunz
08-04-13, 01:19
This post makes no sense and has nothing to do with NFA.

In addition if you are purchasing this from or in the USA there are ITAR considerations to be aware of.

I fail to see how the BCM comment is relevant. They are every bit as good considering some of the primary components come from the same place.

Army Chief
08-04-13, 08:58
Will the NFA guys also charge me $200 for the advice?

It does have a RAS on it. Seller states it's all genuine complete FN. Everything checks out. Very nice.

As for getting a BCM, very fine product but I've had them and sold them without any regret.

As for being in Denmark... Chief, after all I wrote about secrecy, do you think I'd tell people where I really live? I'm actually in Peru. ( ;

Thank you for the advice and feedback gentleman.

Peru, right. That's what I meant: Peru. Where the Vikings came from.

The primary draw for FN uppers in my limited experience seems to be that they are simply harder to find, and of a known-and-desirable lineage, due to the fact that they are true government contract parts. I seem to recall some nice barrel steel specs, too, but I just don't see enough of them to recite the specifics. I'm at that age where I have to begin choosing which things I'm actually going to try to remember, and this didn't make the list. ;)

AC