PDA

View Full Version : BRS 100% Lower Receiver

OneAsterisks
08-04-13, 01:33
Found a link on ar15.com for this lower, Price is on point and the lower looks great! Anyone have any experience with them? Google literally just took me back to their website.

Like I said, for the price it beats most forged lowers, Im hesitant on checking out!

http://billet80.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=69&product_id=77

Thanks!

mastiffhound
08-04-13, 01:48
Wow, really? I haven't been on here long but something smells when new products that nobody has heard of are introduced by someone with their first post. All I know is that stuff doesn't go over well on this forum. Good Luck.

OneAsterisks
08-04-13, 01:54
Wow, really? I haven't been on here long but something smells when new products that nobody has heard of are introduced by someone with their first post. All I know is that stuff doesn't go over well on this forum. Good Luck.

I am asking if anyone has dealt with their products? Feel free to look me up on theoutdoortrader.com ( mgfguevara )

No affiliation with the company. Your always entitled to your opinion though :)

5th post down is what led me to find BRS

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_4/603477_THE_IN_STOCK_LOWER_RECEIVER_THREAD_Part_2.html&page=326

sjc3081
08-04-13, 07:37
My rifles are meant to be functional first, appearance of some fancy lower is not a consideration. Take a risk and buy the lower or just buy a BCM lower and be sure you have a fighting rifle lower first.

Tzed250
08-04-13, 08:12
Not sure how $159 beats the price of most forged lowers. ???

eodinert
08-04-13, 14:35
My forged lower bargain indicator doesn't illuminate until under $100... usually well under.

OneAsterisks
08-04-13, 14:47
My rifles are meant to be functional first, appearance of some fancy lower is not a consideration. Take a risk and buy the lower or just buy a BCM lower and be sure you have a fighting rifle lower first.

Wasn't referring to how fancy it was, just asking if anyone had experiencem or if it was another random company that would sell lowers out of spec. I have a pair of "Battle" rifles, Sometimes a sleek looking upper and lower are in order.

Not sure how $159 beats the price of most forged lowers. ???

Forged Aluminum vs Billet Aluminum for a 20-30 difference, IMO I guess it beats a forged lower on price.

My forged lower bargain indicator doesn't illuminate until under $100... usually well under.

As I agree, most are currently being sold for 100-150 for a forged lower depending on manufacturer.

I'm waiting on AeroPrecision to lower their price on the blemished lowers to buy a few and get cerakoted.

Thanks for replying

jet66
08-04-13, 15:05
I'd take note that it's 6061 aluminum (according to the link) vs. the usual 7075 of the better known brands of billet receivers. I'd probably spring the extra $20-$50 on a 7075 unit from a company like NorthTech or one of the Mega pieces if I had to have lower-priced billet. I see they have 7075 80% lowers as well as 6061, but assuming the same $20 upcharge to go to 100%, it still puts it in the NorthTech, Eds, and part of the Mega ballpark.

OneAsterisks
08-04-13, 15:09
Thanks for the reply jet! I completely overlooked that.

Stickman
08-04-13, 15:39
Sorry, I don't come to this board to get linked to ARFCOM. :)

Tzed250
08-04-13, 17:18
Forged Aluminum vs Billet Aluminum for a 20-30 difference, IMO I guess it beats a forged lower on price.

I'm waiting on AeroPrecision to lower their price on the blemished lowers to buy a few and get cerakoted.

Thanks for replying

I'm still not there. Aero has forged 7075 lowers ready to ship for $99, and the Cerakote version is only $125. Now if this BRS lower offered full ambi controls or some thing else then maybe, but at same function +$60 I'm out.

OneAsterisks
08-04-13, 20:33
Guess its worth different to others, besides the material being different, its $40 cheaper than most other billet lowers.

I really just wanted to know if anyone had dealt with them out of curiosity.

Yes, Aero has some good priced lowers, I just ordered a blem for cheap... Cerakote!

lunchbox
08-04-13, 20:39
Sorry, I don't come to this board to get linked to ARFCOM. :)Bingo, saw that (ref.&link) and knew it was a pass...

OneAsterisks
08-04-13, 21:09
I'm lost... But what's new? Thanks to those who chimed in.