PDA

View Full Version : Micro Galil Information Needed

Bret
08-05-13, 08:31
I'm looking for information about the Micro Galil. I have a Springfield import AR (model 392). I'm very familiar with AK's, but less so with the Galil variation. I'd like to add a Micro Galil to my collection, but I'm thinking that they were never imported for commercial sales? I see that CNCWarrior has kits and will be making receivers. Is this my best option or is there a better route? Thanks in advance.

MountainRaven
08-05-13, 08:59
I'm looking for information about the Micro Galil. I have a Springfield import AR (model 392). I'm very familiar with AK's, but less so with the Galil variation. I'd like to add a Micro Galil to my collection, but I'm thinking that they were never imported for commercial sales? I see that CNCWarrior has kits and will be making receivers. Is this my best option or is there a better route? Thanks in advance.

The Micro Galil or Galil MAR was first shown to the public in 1994. So, no, they were not imported for civilian consumption.

Having one built is going to be your best (and only, short of a Class-III dealer permit and an LE sample) option, though I cannot speak to the quality of the CNC Warrior receivers.

Peshawar
08-05-13, 15:51
The cncwarrior receivers have been pretty great, at least in their normal ak offerings. All of them have needed a little work, but that's par for the course with this kind of thing.