PDA

View Full Version : Review: ProMag 17 and 32 round mags - M&P 9mm

IntenseImage
08-05-13, 19:06
A quick review of the new mags. When factory mags are hard to come by, these seem to be a decent option

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWHBPB9x9Pk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

maw1777
08-05-13, 21:27
very well done! I loved how you took actual measurements.

foxtrotx1
08-05-13, 21:33
friends don't let friends buy promag.

Too many horror stories.

cutter_spc
08-06-13, 06:56
friends don't let friends buy promag

Normally I would agree with you, but you got to do, what you got do. Smith has dropped the ball on this one. It's to the point if I want to take a class with this platform, I will have to go the Promag route!

Koshinn
08-06-13, 07:51
friends don't let friends buy promag.

Too many horror stories.

I bought 3 promag 17 rd m&p9 mags. Two work decently, no malfunctions or anything so far, but are harder to load than oem mags.

One completely broke apart when I loaded it into my m&p for the first time, spilling 17 rds on the deck and making me search for all the pieces of the mag. I promptly threw that shit away, not even worth keeping it for a spare.

IntenseImage
08-06-13, 10:42
Should keep the tube and replace with Smith internals

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

MegademiC
08-06-13, 14:05
disclaimer: I have not seen or touched this specific promag
I do have experience with cz promags.

1st off, m&p mags, like czs are made by mac-gar IIRC. Promags are thinner, and the lips are out of spec on some. If they are in spec, be gentle or they will bend. the springs are also shitty. I have bought a few promags and they are great for practicing malfunction drills, as more of the ones I bought had problems than worked flawlessly. even at half price, you generally have to buy 2 for every working piece... the juice aint worth the squeeze IMO.

Coughlin
08-17-13, 21:42
I bought 3 pro mags Cabellas 2 weeks ago... I ranabout 800 rounds twitch them only in my m&p... I had no issues what so ever... They all loaded dropped and locked the slide back fine... So I'm pleased with them... They are great range mags.. I should of bought more.