PDA

View Full Version : Police shoot armed 14 year old

Abraxas
08-05-13, 19:33
These people who think "shoot to wound" have watched too much television. http://m.nypost.com/p/news/local/bronx/bronx_shot_dead_after_exchanging_ARxbLxHk5yqkDMsKMhdr4M

Sentaruu
08-05-13, 19:38
14 and already had an attempted murder charge. SMH

Wake27
08-05-13, 19:43
Well done officers, good riddance.

montanadave
08-05-13, 20:14
By 14, I would assume most kids would have figured out that pointing a loaded gun at the cops is a seriously bad idea.

Based on the facts presented, I fail to see why this should deserve more than about two column inches in the metro section, much less national coverage.

Sensei
08-05-13, 23:43
Based on the facts presented, I fail to see why this should deserve more than about two column inches in the metro section, much less national coverage.

It's news because the dead criminal is a back teen and the cop is probably white. On a different note, the comments from the kid's family illustrate why race relations seem to never improve:

Douse's family was furious.

“They're making it all up,” said his aunt, Quwana Barcene. “There was no gun. It’s all a cover-up. It’s what the police do. They kill us and cover it up.

SteyrAUG
08-06-13, 00:00
I wonder how many lives were just saved.

If you are getting ready to shoot it out with police at 14, you can build up an impressive body count if you are allowed to live and get better at it.

sjc3081
08-06-13, 01:10
I was a Police Officer in that area in the 1990 to 1994, it is only two blocks south of the Melrose Projects and real shit hole of an area.

Moose-Knuckle
08-06-13, 04:29
"Douse, who was arrested in May on attempted murder charges for shooting a 15-year-old, fired at the man running on East 151st Street this morning . . . "

" identified themselves as police officers and told Douse to drop the gun, according to an NYPD statement . . . "

"Douse refused and one of the officers fired . . . "

"Investigators recovered a blood-spattered Astra A 100 9mm semi-automatic handgun at the scene . . . "

"Douse had a court appearance scheduled for Aug. 23, for weapons possession, records show."

Good on the two NYPD rookies, one less oxygen thief in the world. :cool:

munch520
08-06-13, 07:12
Of course his family is claiming its a cover-up. :rolleyes:

Eurodriver
08-06-13, 07:27
In other news, the Dream defenders who have been protesting Florida's SYG law in the state capitol for weeks now, are wanting something done about the 12,000 juvenile arrests made in Florida each year. They say its unfair that kids are arrested and have to live with a criminal record.

I find it remarkable no one is mentioning that these "kids" are committing CRIMES and that's why they are being arrested.

That's like saying I don't think its fair all these kids are failing class even though they never show up for school.

Ick
08-06-13, 07:49
Couldn't they just shoot the pistol out of his hand?

On a more serious note, the photo shows a pistol with the bolt open. Is that a photo of the firearm as it was found or has it been cleared for safety reasons... before that photo?

mikelowrey
08-06-13, 09:27
Couldn't they just shoot the pistol out of his hand?

On a more serious note, the photo shows a pistol with the bwrongpen. Is that a photo of the firearm as it was found or has it been cleared for safety reasons... before that photo?

Doesnt really matter, after that photo was made public, people are already saying that he was out of bullets and that the cops were wrong shooting him. I know the area like the palm of my hand as my pct is in borderline with that pct and about 8 blocks away from where it happened and I definitely agree it was a good shooting. Thats why the call it "the boogie down or the south bronx"

Atta-boy to the rookies! :D

Abraxas
08-06-13, 09:38
I wonder how many lives were just saved.

If you are getting ready to shoot it out with police at 14, you can build up an impressive body count if you are allowed to live and get better at it.

Right.

montanadave
08-06-13, 10:30
I can't see the usual suspects trying to whip up a "We Are Shaaliver" bandwagon, as it appears this kid was a straight-up hood rat who was on an express train to nowhere.

As for the aunt's comments, she's exactly right. That's what cops do. They shoot gun-wielding punks running through the streets at 3 AM shooting at folks who then turn the gun on the police. And we should all be damn glad they do.

But I wish Reverend Al would step into this one. It would serve to illustrate just what a race-baiting, media-whore he really is.

sammage
08-06-13, 10:43
Play stupid games...

SteyrAUG
08-06-13, 12:13
Doesnt really matter, after that photo was made public, people are already saying that he was out of bullets and that the cops were wrong shooting him. I know the area like the palm of my hand as my pct is in borderline with that pct and about 8 blocks away from where it happened and I definitely agree it was a good shooting. Thats why the call it "the boogie down or the south bronx"

Atta-boy to the rookies! :D

Cuing up Man Parrish...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-qFmAWvkXIsc/T4H_zbH53QI/AAAAAAAABJk/7L0KHDfgFZI/s200/Boogie+Down+Bronx.png