PDA

View Full Version : how to color stamping on reciever?

rif4trbo
08-16-06, 16:18
Whats the best way to color in letters stamped into the receiver?

Harv
08-16-06, 16:30
China Marker (We called them Grease pencils in the Supply system)
They have the little string that you pull on to expose the paper sheathing around the inner core. comes in different colors.

ChromeLined
08-16-06, 16:47
I use testors model paints..flat white.I paint over all the area..wait like 1 minute then using a rag with paint thinner not soaking wett wipe off the excess paint and it stays embedded in the samping.I brush over with a dull coat laquer that dries flat and that seals it up.

Saint
08-16-06, 17:39
I used both China Marker and a Crayon.

The Crayon worked better, it got into the spaces easier. You can also heat the crayon, so it goes on better.

SuicideHz
08-16-06, 18:30
I used to color mine until I found out I couldn't stay inside the lines...

Dave Berryhill
08-16-06, 18:31
It depends on what you are trying to achieve. If you just want to make the letters more visible and easier to read then a grease pencil, crayon (as mentioned above) or even chalk will work. If you are more concerned with cosmetics then use model paint or a laquer stick.

Brownells has laquer sticks in several colors. Look up part # 517-100-002 and you'll see the entire list of colors. If you go with the paint or laquer stick, make sure you clean and degrease the lettering first.

K.L. Davis
08-16-06, 19:10
I used to color mine until I found out I couldn't stay inside the lines...

Outstanding. I am collecting the SuicideHz sayings, that is a good one.

blackwind
08-19-06, 13:12
I use testors model paints..flat white.I paint over all the area..wait like 1 minute then using a rag with paint thinner not soaking wett wipe off the excess paint and it stays embedded in the samping.I brush over with a dull coat laquer that dries flat and that seals it up.

Very cool. Will have to try that.