PDA

View Full Version : Magpul MOE K2?

Fireman1291
08-09-13, 17:13
http://store.magpul.com/product/MAG522/39

Anyone have a concrete release date on this?

SPQR476
08-09-13, 17:30
Not even us. We finally got signoff on the texture for it. We've got a lot of things stovepiping right now as we try and get agile for the move. Frustrating, but we're working it as fast as we can.

Fireman1291
08-09-13, 18:10
Wow nothing like hearing it straight from the horses mouth. Thanks for the reply. Will this have a rubber texture like the MOE+? I love that texture!

Clint
08-09-13, 18:44
Duane,

I really like the MOE+ grip with the rubber texture.

A K2+ would be the equivalent with a more vertical angle.

Any plans for a version like this?

Shiz
08-10-13, 01:10

I would be interested too, along with a handstop that attached directly to MOA handguard (without rail). Or a AFG that attached to MOE handguard without a rail.

BigLarge
08-10-13, 02:47
Looking forward to this... will buy one once its available

Norinco
08-10-13, 03:34
Looking forward to getting my hands on the K2. Thanks for the update.

Big A
08-10-13, 10:08
I would like to see a K2+ grip as well. I love my MIAD' s but want to try one of these.

pyzik
08-15-13, 15:25
I too am dying to get my hands on one... :p

The first I noticed when I got my AR and shouldered it was that I was instinctively pointing the rifle too high.

So I ordered a BCM Mod 1 grip. I MUCH prefer this angle (it MUCH closer matches my AK hogue grip, which I am so used to) but the grip tapers too thin too quickly. I preferred the thickness and "feel" of the MOE grip.

parapyropig
09-09-13, 08:40
I just discovered this as I perused the 2014 catalog. It will be the next grip on my SCAR.

pyzik
09-09-13, 08:59
I just discovered this as I perused the 2014 catalog. It will be the next grip on my SCAR.

When I got the topic reply email, I read pursued as purchased and came Herr in a hurry to ask where you found one... upon rereading your post I am not bummed.

Knyghtmare
09-09-13, 13:21
Duane,

I really like the MOE+ grip with the rubber texture.

+1 The rubber overmold makes that grip so comfortable, so then with the angle of the K2 would really be a homerun I think.

1slow01Z71
09-09-13, 18:59
Yep I'd take a K2+ for sure.

NYH1
09-09-13, 20:16
I would be interested too, along with a handstop that attached directly to MOA handguard (without rail). Or a AFG that attached to MOE handguard without a rail.
I agree.

NYH1.

Donut
09-17-13, 20:50
I saw that the MOE AK grip recently started shipping. Can we take that as good news on the K2?

At the very least, can we assume similar texturing?

parapyropig
09-17-13, 23:06
I saw that the MOE AK grip recently started shipping. Can we take that as good news on the K2?
I hope so - I'm getting antsy... I like the equivilant BCM grip, too, but I'd really like to stick with Magpul.

DM-SC
09-18-13, 15:09
Another vote for a K2+ grip.

Abraham
09-18-13, 15:53
O.K. I'm new to the AR world, but I keep reading about the negativity of buying unnecessary equipment.

This particular grip strikes me as a really nice, but completely unnecessary, but what do I know...?

Am I way off base or (hey, I'm a newby...) is this something the mod loving crowd wants, while smirking at the austere equipment crowd who recommend no mods that aren't absolutely necessary...?

Donut
09-18-13, 20:43
O.K. I'm new to the AR world, but I keep reading about the negativity of buying unnecessary equipment.

This particular grip strikes me as a really nice, but completely unnecessary, but what do I know...?

Am I way off base or (hey, I'm a newby...) is this something the mod loving crowd wants, while smirking at the austere equipment crowd who recommend no mods that aren't absolutely necessary...?

Are you referring to aftermarket grips in general as unnecessary or specifically the MOE K2?

WS6
09-18-13, 21:08

I really like the reduced angle grips. They greatly reduce fatigue and enhance control when shooting from unconventional positions, such as roll-over prone, and the like. Do you need them? Heck no. Are they nice and do they bring something to the table? You bet!

Knyghtmare
09-18-13, 21:47

The difference between grips like the standard A2, MOE vs the K, and Gunfighter grips is the angle. The A2 and MOE are 56 to 58 degrees, as the K and Gunfighter grips are 65 degrees. The angle design is based off of using the squared stance with a short length of pull, and the idea is to reduce the pressure and strain on your wrist when using the squared stance.

The K2 is going to be an improvement over its predecessor, obviously. The +, as in MOE+ is a rubber overmold that in my opinion really improves grip, as well as grip comfort and helps the grip fill my hand better. This is my personal preference though, but is also why I feel the K2+ would be a necessary improvement, as well as a few other members. I hope this helps. :D

Javelin
09-18-13, 22:30
I really need one of these grips on my 8" rifle. The magpul grip is almost MP-5 style in the degree of angle and that's exactly the grip I was thinking about finding for my shorty AR.

Legion6
09-19-13, 14:40
DAMN you MAGPUL! Quit making awesome products! You keep stealing my hard-earned money!

Zane1844
09-19-13, 14:49
Since the BCM grip will not fit on either of my lowers, I will buy two of these in FDE plus rubber over mold, once they are out. :)

SPQR476
09-19-13, 15:21
Almost there, gents. This may be my new favorite grip.

Donut
09-19-13, 15:24

Sweet! I know I want at least three...

JusticeM4
09-19-13, 18:59
This looks like a very nice grip. I have the MOE-K on one of my lowers and its too small and narrow for my hands. The K2 will be a very nice upgrade!

C-Fish
09-21-13, 09:10
Waiting with $$ in hand.

Need a few...:D

SpankMonkey
09-21-13, 09:25
A K2+ would be a nice touch to my rifles. Looking forward to their release. Good luck with the move.

pyzik
09-21-13, 09:56
Yes!

Waiting with $$ in hand.

Need a few...:D
Same!

Abraham
09-21-13, 13:53
Thanks everyone for the reduced grip education.

I haven't shot my AR enough to know if one will benefit me, but I'm sure going to find out...!

mikeith
09-21-13, 14:23

How's the circumference compared to the moe and moe+

SPQR476
09-25-13, 16:21
Larger by a bit.

1slow01Z71
09-25-13, 19:40
Any idea of a timeframe for a K2+? Since switching to the moe+ on two of my rifles I've become attached to the rubber overmold. I really like this new grip with the dovetail but it needs to have some rubber for me to rid my sbr of its miad.

gunnut284
09-25-13, 20:25
I will be buying at least two, one for an AR and one for my McRees 700 chassis. Maybe several more if they are as good I expect.

needsmoregarlic
09-26-13, 15:57
I'm interested in seeing these as magpul always does a great job with their products. I have moe+ grips on two of my rifles, but I really like the angle of the uc grip23, so this should be a good mesh of those two great grips.

ZINCOGNITO
09-27-13, 00:15
I recently purchased the Umbrella grip to try out and while I prefer the angle, I couldn't get over the lack of grip (I run MOE+ grips) and storage. A friend told me to try out the BCM grips but I'd rather now wait for the K2+........hopefully very soon!

GambitVII
09-27-13, 00:28
Oh snap, I totally forgot this was coming out! I'm looking for a grip to get and I definitely plan on getting this! Hopefully its released soon enough. (and I mean before 2014)

BigLarge
09-27-13, 00:30
I recently purchased the Umbrella grip to try out and while I prefer the angle, I couldn't get over the lack of grip (I run MOE+ grips) and storage. A friend told me to try out the BCM grips but I'd rather now wait for the K2+........hopefully very soon!

I'm in the same boat. I like the Umbrella grip, but I needed to add skate-board tape to it. Not bad, but I'm sure i'll prefer the K2 ...

Kilo 1-1
09-27-13, 00:55

Excellent. I swore to stop looking/buying pistol grips once I settled on the older MOE grip. I'm going to make an exception for this one. Keep up the good work.

Peshawar
09-27-13, 02:53
:D

http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/776/ooym.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/802/ooym.png/)

TriggerTX
10-12-13, 17:34
That grip could be a nice addition the the 9in 300 SBR I'll be putting together when I get back to the states. I've tried the BCM and just didnt care for it.

Neville
10-13-13, 03:39
please make a k2+!! :agree:

britishtq
10-13-13, 03:44
I could go for that. Magpul, we love you.

Jay214
10-22-13, 12:55
I don't really care for the rubber over molded rubber grips and won't buy another one.
I think Magpul should make that available as an option for the people who might want it but I hope they make it the same hard plastic likek the regular MOE grips at leas in the regular version of the K2

1slow01Z71
10-24-13, 20:43
If magpul would make the k2+ and 6.8spc pmags I'd be a happy man.

Fireman1291
11-02-13, 16:56
Bump.

My DDLES 5.5" SBR needs the K2+ (rubber important) badly! My angle is all messed up due to the compact package. Need the K2+ !!!! :)

ZINCOGNITO
11-02-13, 17:33
Bump.

My DDLES 5.5" SBR needs the K2+ (rubber important) badly! My angle is all messed up due to the compact package. Need the K2+ !!!! :)

Must be tough having a compact package. Hope Magpul can at least fix the angle for you!:ph34r::D

WS6
11-02-13, 18:07
Running out of time for the "late 2013" date. Can we expect it before Christmas?

Neville
11-02-13, 21:14
Leave them a bit of time to feature the ..... K2+!!!

TCBA_Joe
11-03-13, 15:52
Larger by a bit.

So this is basically a (slightly wider) version of the MOE with the grip angle of the K?

I love my MOE, but shooting with armor I need a reduced angle grip because of wrist pain. I tried the K, but it didn't take me long to realize it was a significant detriment to my shooting. The thin grip had me pulling the trigger to the side and shanking shots.

WS6
11-03-13, 18:09
Leave them a bit of time to feature the ..... K2+!!!

They've already missed the bus with at least some of their potential customer base by allowing Bravo Company to come out with multiple reduced angle grips in the mean time. I do not see why putting out the K2 will prevent the K2+ from arriving on the same schedule. Everything is late due to the crappy hand their state's politics dealt, and I think they should do all they can to mitigate it, not let the paralysis of over analysis delay the product as originally promised, any further.

SPQR476
11-03-13, 20:35
Shipping Tuesday. The wait was largely for the texture, although the relocation search and flooding didn't help.

This will be our new TSP texture, a refined version of the texture on the AK grip. We spent a lot of time, maybe too much, getting this to be what we wanted. It allows the hand to slide over the texture without grabbing, then when pressure is applied it locks things in. It is a large enough randomized pattern to prevent visible moray effects and has a multi-layered construction that took a while to sort out correctly. You will see more of this texture in the future.

As for other grips, the unique features regarding index and trigger finger ergos are not found in other more vertical grips, and add a lot to what the k2 is and does. Maybe you won't think it's worth the wait, and we certainly hoped to have it out sooner, but it's here now, and we are very happy with the end result.

WS6
11-03-13, 20:40
Shipping Tuesday. The wait was largely for the texture, although the relocation search and flooding didn't help.

This will be our new TSP texture, a refined version of the texture on the AK grip. We spent a lot of time, maybe too much, getting this to be what we wanted. It allows the hand to slide over the texture without grabbing, then when pressure is applied it locks things in. It is a large enough randomized pattern to prevent visible moray effects and has a multi-layered construction that took a while to sort out correctly. You will see more of this texture in the future.

As for other grips, the unique features regarding index and trigger finger ergos are not found in other more vertical grips, and add a lot to what the k2 is and does. Maybe you won't think it's worth the wait, and we certainly hoped to have it out sooner, but it's here now, and we are very happy with the end result.
Just rib it for her pleasure and take my money!

Ps...available at launch in FDE?

tom12.7
11-03-13, 21:10
Wow! That's great news! I've been waiting to get my hands on a pair.

Army Chief
11-03-13, 21:15
I really welcomed the arrival of the K-grip, and can only admire the continued innovation here -- even in the midst of everything else that is obviously going on. Great news!

AC

Archer1440
11-03-13, 21:55
I am nothing but impressed with everything Magpul does and how they make and market their products.

There's a real American success story there. Take a product you care about, design the hell out of it, make it as well as it can be made and sell it at a fair price.

Beats hell out of the "pile it deep and sell it cheap" mentality that's seen much of our manufacturing move offshore.

ZINCOGNITO
11-04-13, 02:32

Great! Can we see pics?

SPQR476
11-04-13, 13:55
Ps...available at launch in FDE?

Black and FDE shipping this week.

Pics will be with the shipping announcement tomorrow.

And, thanks for the support, gents.

pyzik
11-04-13, 14:22

Woohoo!

WS6
11-04-13, 23:18

Great! Thanks for not rolling FDE out later. Even I get lucky sometimes! :D

PaLEOjd
11-04-13, 23:29
Great news. Been waiting for these to come out since what feels like forever. Going to be getting an FDE and 4 black MOE K2's when they make it to distributors.

Sent from my iPhone4S
using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Quiet Riot
11-05-13, 08:30
Wow! I totally get it by looking at photos on Primary Arms' website (https://www.primaryarms.com/MagPul-MOE-K2-Pistol-Grip-AR-15-Black-p/mag522blk.htm). That is a great way to give the steeper angle for manipulation, but a conventional angle for the trigger pull.

Well done. I can't wait to get one for testing.

jandbj
11-05-13, 15:26
Just got this email...

http://magpul.commercev3.com/images/newsletter/NL_50/NL_headerimage_MAG522.jpg

11-05-13, 15:50
SPQR476, if possible, would you post a direct side pic along with a direct front or rear pic of the grip.

Also, do you happen to know if the K2 beavertail is larger or smaller than the Umbrella Corp Grip 23?

SPQR476
11-05-13, 16:06
SPQR476, if possible, would you post a direct side pic along with a direct front or rear pic of the grip.

Also, do you happen to know if the K2 beavertail is larger or smaller than the Umbrella Corp Grip 23?

I'm hoping stick will be along shortly with some additional photos.

As far as the umbrella grip, that was designed around 2006-2007 or so, well before my time. I'd have to find a sample in the archives.

K2+ could happen. Timeline will depend on available resources, but I won't confirm or deny right now.

11-05-13, 16:13

As far as the umbrella grip, that was designed around 2006-2007 or so, well before my time. I'd have to find a sample in the archives.

K2+ could happen. Timeline will depend on available resources, but I won't confirm or deny right now.

Awesome, thanks for the quick reply.

BigLarge
11-05-13, 16:35
I have the Umbrella Corp grip, the K2 beavertail looks a bit larger. I'll find out as soon my dealer ships mine

11-05-13, 16:53
I have the Umbrella Corp grip, the K2 beavertail looks a bit larger. I'll find out as soon my dealer ships mine

I hope it is smaller. The grip 23 body is perfect, but the beaver tail is too big and it prevents me from being able to constantly manipulate a short throw Battle Arms selector with the standard levers on both sides.

scooter22
11-05-13, 17:41
Since the BCM grip will not fit on either of my lowers, I will buy two of these in FDE plus rubber over mold, once they are out. :)

Not to derail, but why would a BCM grip not fit your lower?

Also, how does the size compare to the full size MIAD and/or BCM Mod 3?

PatrioticDisorder
11-05-13, 17:55
How is the angle in comparison to the BCM gunfighter?

snakedoctor
11-05-13, 18:00
gotta have it!!! :sarcastic:

ZINCOGNITO
11-05-13, 20:23
So a MOE+ K2 is roughly around 6 months away at a minimum.........if it's even considered. I'm still going to buy this grip for a new build but I'm sure I'll find it difficult to replace the rest. Let's hope it becomes a reality.

John91
11-05-13, 23:30
This is my first time actually posting, and I just had a quick question. Does anyone know if this will fit a SCAR without modification? Thanks in advance.

Donut
11-05-13, 23:57
Can't wait... can't wait... cantwait...cantwait...cantwait...

Any guesses as to who will have them up for sale first? Anyone have them available for preorder?

Knyghtmare
11-06-13, 22:48

I am pleased to know that this is at least in consideration.

Koshinn
11-06-13, 22:51
Can't wait... can't wait... cantwait...cantwait...cantwait...

Any guesses as to who will have them up for sale first? Anyone have them available for preorder?

DSGArms

Stickman
11-07-13, 00:49
http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/Magpul%208/STCK4274-1200-Stick.jpg

plouffedaddy
11-07-13, 08:22
How is the angle in comparison to the BCM gunfighter?

When mine arrives I'll take a pic with both. Review will follow of course.

pyzik
11-07-13, 12:32

Great! I was torn between this and the Mod3.

3ACR_Scout
11-07-13, 15:06
Stick - Great photo, as always. That really shows off the new angle. I think I'll have to shell out the $20 for one to test it out and will probably order one along with a BCM Mod 3. I'd really like to compare them both to my current BCM Mod 1.

Dave

TehLlama
11-08-13, 11:39
...we certainly hoped to have it out sooner, but it's here now, and we are very happy with the end result.

Good enough for me - I guess the FDE is the one I'll be getting.

PatrioticDisorder
11-08-13, 13:06

Looking forward to that, judging by Stickaman's photo, it appears to be almost exactly the same angle.

Biggy
11-11-13, 22:41
Where else can these grips be ordered?

DSG Arms just called and as of right now the K2 is in stock in black and FDE .

JulyAZ
11-12-13, 07:51
DSG Arms just called and as of right now the K2 is in stock in black and FDE .

Just ordered mine from DSG.

tonyxcom
11-12-13, 16:51
Just ordered mine from Aim Surplus.

Donut
11-12-13, 17:26
Just ordered mine from Aim Surplus.

Just ordered a pair from there myself.

PaLEOjd
11-12-13, 23:22
Ordered 2 FDE and 2 black from aim surplus. Been waiting forever!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

3ACR_Scout
11-13-13, 08:21
Thanks for the heads up - the Aim Surplus free shipping is a great deal on a small part like this. I ordered a black K2 along with a MagPul AK grip to test both of them out. I can see how the K2 would be great for a short (SBR) carbine - I may still prefer the BCM Gunfighter grip on a longer weapon, but I want to compare the two myself.

Dave

OnPoint
11-13-13, 08:57

Any plans or info on an AFG +?

tom12.7
11-13-13, 08:57
Aim Surplus just told me that they haven't come in yet, and don't know when they will?

tom12.7
11-13-13, 12:00
Just ordered a pair from Operations Parts!

thecolter
11-13-13, 12:38
Mine shipped today from DSG... should be here on Friday.

ZINCOGNITO
11-13-13, 18:31
Just ordered a pair from Operations Parts!

Congrats on the new pair......

TCBA_Joe
11-13-13, 19:18
I should have mine tomorrow

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

Greenhead308
11-14-13, 11:35
I'm thinking about picking up one of these K2's. I really like my MOE grip.

TCBA_Joe
11-14-13, 15:53
Love this grip. Just got it today, got 120 rounds downrange. Great fit and good angle. Should have come out long before the MOE K.

http://i1308.photobucket.com/albums/s611/joe_freerider/2013-11-14164920_zpsa3233f52.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

alphableak83
11-14-13, 16:00
Here are a few photos mocked up on a current build. The other grip for comparison is a miad with the b2 backstrap. From the feel of it, this will be replacing all of my grips. Much more comfortable angle and perfect amount of width for my hands. I wear a large glove.214272142821429

Donut
11-14-13, 17:03
Aim Surplus just told me that they haven't come in yet, and don't know when they will?

I just got a shipment notification from AIM on my K2s.

Mate
11-14-13, 17:29
http://i1317.photobucket.com/albums/t637/Mate_Standard/photo40_zpsa80de1e0.jpg (http://s1317.photobucket.com/user/Mate_Standard/media/photo40_zpsa80de1e0.jpg.html)

First impressions - I'm not digging it. The tang is too thick for my hands. I tend to grip real high and the fatty tang gets in the way. I'll dremel it down and see how it goes. I'm not sorry I bought it though. I might even get used to it. The texture is really good though. Really no need to stipple it.

snakedoctor
11-14-13, 18:02
I've been waiting on these forever :dance3:

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2891/10861642276_c249c7a395_o.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/57942327@N05/10861642276/)

Col_Crocs
11-14-13, 18:07
I could be wrong (i dont have one yet) but i think that's an intended consequence of the steeper angle. The thickened tang lowers your grip to properly align your trigger finger with the trigger. I could be wrong though. Until I get one, I'm really just analyzing from what i'm seeing.

paperchasin
11-15-13, 09:45
Thanks for the pics and reviews so far guys.. I guess I will have to buy one and find out for myself if I will like it or not

tonyxcom
11-15-13, 12:00
AIM is showing OD Green in stock now.

tom12.7
11-15-13, 14:59
Mine just came in, not sure what to think yet. I'll install them tonight.

Stickman
11-15-13, 15:09
http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/Magpul%208/STCK4250-A-1200-Stick.jpg

tom12.7
11-15-13, 16:56
I just installed one of them on a KAC SBR lower that's matched up to a 9"AAC upper. It felt a little funny at first, but I think I like it. It does feel pretty good over the MOE grip when the stock is halfway collapsed and shorter. I do run a high grip and my trigger finger is lower than normal, but not bad. I'm going to pin it to a few uppers before I install my other one. Hopefully I can get a little range time this weekend to see how it really does.

^Rb
11-15-13, 18:12
So is the texture on the K2 similar to the MOE+ (soft rubber), or is it a harder plastic like the MOE regular?

tom12.7
11-15-13, 18:19
Hard plastic like the MOE, not the MOE+ rubber feel.

^Rb
11-15-13, 18:29
Hard plastic like the MOE, not the MOE+ rubber feel.

Thank you for answering my question. Much appreciated.

mastiffhound
11-15-13, 22:49
I ordered from DSG Arms on wednesday I got my K2 today. Shipping was fast, I used usps and I was surprised it came so fast. I wondered if anyone used the much shorter screw that was included in the box with the grip? I'm not sure if I should use the original or the much much shorter screw? I installed the shorter screw but my OCD has me second guessing myself.

As far as angle and grip, compared to an original A2 and the Hogue Rubber grip it's great. It isn't stippled too sharp like my Troy Enhanced grip was (it litterally could grate parmesan cheese until I "dehorned" it) and the reach to the trigger is a little better. I have medium sized finger length so both work for me. One handed control feels slightly better with the K2 but the Troy isn't bad either. I think the K2 feels better because it fills my hand a little more. Both have the same angle it seems though. I might order another after some range time if the K2 works better for me. The bottom cover for the Troy fits better and is hinged but that is a concern for those that use that feature.

surfish95747
11-16-13, 05:58
I just have to add a +1, or +2 or as many as I can to the K2+ grip idea. That grip angle, plus the rubber Overmold, mmmm, I would buy two, just to have two.

plouffedaddy
11-16-13, 07:14
http://imageshack.com/scaled/640x480/69/c7z8.jpg (http://imageshack.com/i/1xc7z8j)Uploaded with ImageShack.com (http://imageshack.com)

Mine's in. Giddy up.

TOM1911
11-16-13, 11:31
Ordered up one in FDE and, a MOE AK on Friday from DSG.. They should be here Tuesday.

Stickman
11-17-13, 00:19
http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/Magpul%208/STCK4240-1-1200-Stick.jpg

krichbaum
11-17-13, 06:37
I've been using the MIAD with the largest backstrap on just about everything. I liked the grip angle of the K, but it was tiny and unusable for me. I know the K2 is bigger, just not sure its big enough. Anybody using the MIAD with largest backstrap that can compare it to the K2?

El Cid
11-17-13, 06:44
I just have to add a +1, or +2 or as many as I can to the K2+ grip idea. That grip angle, plus the rubber Overmold, mmmm, I would buy two, just to have two.
You can always find someone to coat it for you. The guy who did the dip on one of my rifles sprayed the MIAD to make it rubberized. It's held up for a few years now and several classes/competitions.

I've been using the MIAD with the largest backstrap on just about everything. I liked the grip angle of the K, but it was tiny and unusable for me. I know the K2 is bigger, just not sure its big enough. Anybody using the MIAD with largest backstrap that can compare it to the K2?

I'm confident you will like the K2. I also have large meat hooks and use the largest setup on the MIAD. The K2 and Umbrella grips are the only ones I've found that have the fit and the angle. I tried the BCM Mod 1 and while the angle was great, it was way too skinny. Haven't seen a Mod 3 to try yet but after getting my K2 I don't expect I'll need to try anything else.

plouffedaddy
11-18-13, 16:08
Review's up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mB5utMo-XGw

thecolter
11-18-13, 16:26
My FDE K2 came in today. I'm really liking the feel and the grip texture, much better than the Umbrella Corp. grip I was running.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7453/10933473235_c504ee8a13_o.jpg
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5517/10933614684_e43b727dca_o.jpg

ZINCOGNITO
11-18-13, 16:57
Review's up:

The big question is which one do you like better, BCM mod3 or K2?

Col_Crocs
11-18-13, 16:57
Anyone here done a side by side comparison with the new BCM grip?

ETA: ^^^ You beat me to it.

tom12.7
11-18-13, 17:46
I liked the BCM MOD 3 grip gapper on regular receivers. So far, without much range, I think (?) I prefer the newer K2 over the BCM. Every body is different, so time will tell. The gapper may not apply, depending on the trigger guard you have.

11-18-13, 17:47
Anyone here done a side by side comparison with the new BCM grip?

ETA: ^^^ You beat me to it.

I'll probably get to it this weekend, but I plan on doing a comparison with the K1, K2, BCM Mod 0, 1, 3, and Umbrella Grip 23.

RWH24
11-18-13, 20:07
MrGunsngear, Poofdaddy, whatever review on the K-2

Col_Crocs
11-18-13, 22:00
^That's already been posted in the previous page. It only discusses the grip features itself as opposed to a comparison between similar grips.

PaLEOjd
11-18-13, 23:06
Finally received mine and installed it tonight. Much more comfortable than the MOE and the texture is perfect. Also much more comfortable than the BCM I had. I liked the angle, it was just to thin for my hands.

Thanks Magpul, you guys got it right!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Plasman
11-18-13, 23:33
I guess I'll be the contrarian. I don't like the K2 I received today. I've been using a BCM Mod3 grip on my AR and thought that it was almost perfect, but wished that the thicker portion of the sides could've run a bit higher on the grip before tapering off. The Magpul K2 IMO is too thin. I don't feel like it supports the portion of my palm by the index finger and thumb very well. I also don't like the recess where the web of your hand is supposed to go. I feel like it tries to make my hand cant forward at a steeper angle than the grip is supposed to. While the sides have a good texture, the front and back are pretty slippery and I felt my fingertips didn't have as good of a purchase to hold the weapon compared to my BCM Mod3. The K2 sure is light though.

thecolter
11-19-13, 12:00
Took a few pics comparing to the Umbrella Corp. grip. The Umbrella Corp. grip has more of a verticle angle than the K2.

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2847/10947972455_6c25d180a9_o.jpg
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2866/10948131964_97059bc797_o.jpg
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5541/10948213853_d3d7aa33f3_o.jpg

Sparky5019
11-19-13, 20:23
From what can tell my K-2 has the same angle as my BCM Mod 3. So far I like the K-2, especially the "index groove" for the web of your hand; it really seems to locate mine almost like locking it in. I'm going to shoot the match with it on Saturday and see. I like the thicker front to back size than the BCM. If I had any gripe at all and it would possibly be only a very, very slight one, it would be that it's a touch thin in the side to side dimension but again, that's negligible.

It does make the elbow tuck down almost automatically (most of us shoot that way anyway but it's nice that it promotes GOOD habits by design).

I'll let y'all know how it goes.

sndmn11
11-19-13, 21:35
Took a few pics comparing to the Umbrella Corp. grip. The Umbrella Corp. grip has more of a verticle angle than the K2.

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2847/10947972455_6c25d180a9_o.jpg
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2866/10948131964_97059bc797_o.jpg
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5541/10948213853_d3d7aa33f3_o.jpg

What about the width, or a comparison picture from the rear?

Col_Crocs
11-19-13, 22:23
I'll probably get to it this weekend, but I plan on doing a comparison with the K1, K2, BCM Mod 0, 1, 3, and Umbrella Grip 23.

Sorry bud... I just noticed this. That would be awesome. Looking forward to it. Im particularly curious about their differences in thickness on the main body and the thumb/top area.

3ACR_Scout
11-20-13, 04:45
I haven't had a chance to shoot with it yet, but my initial impression is that the K2 isn't going to be comfortable for me because of the pronounced "ridge" along the bottom of the thumb groove. It seems to put pressure on the meaty part of my palm at the base of my thumb and feels like it's going to create a sore spot after prolonged use. I've never seen the Umbrella Corp. grip in person, but just from the photos above, the more rounded bottom edge on their thumb / index finger groove looks more comfortable to me. Anyway, I going to get a BCM Mod 3 and try that out for comparison. I find the Mod 1 to be pretty comfortable but would like it to fill my hand a little better, so the Mod 3 might be just right for me personally.

Dave

Hkbeltfed
11-20-13, 10:00
I haven't had a chance to shoot with it yet, but my initial impression is that the K2 isn't going to be comfortable for me because of the pronounced "ridge" along the bottom of the thumb groove. It seems to put pressure on the meaty part of my palm at the base of my thumb and feels like it's going to create a sore spot after prolonged use.

Agreed, that bump is uncomfortable and seems odd as to why they'd do that.

Also, the front mounting surface is tapered and thinner than the Moe, which causes the bottom of the trigger guard ears to stick out. Goofy!

thecolter
11-20-13, 11:38

I'll try and get a pic when I get home this afternoon.

jerrysimons
11-20-13, 11:55
I had a chance to compare the K2 with Grip 23.
I wear small glove size and the more rounded shape of the UCWRG grip feels more firm than the more rectangular K2.
Mostly, though, I found to the indent on the top of the back of the K2 uncomfortable. I felt like my hand needed to pivot on that point of the K2 to fill the extra space above the backstrap with the web of my hand. Overall the G23 allows me a more sure feeling grip.
If I had bigger hands the K2 might feel better.

Oh, the weights:
K1: 2.0oz w/o bolt
G23: 2.35oz w/o bolt
K2: 2.45oz w/o bolt
MOE: 2.55oz w/o bolt
MOE+: 3.25oz w/o bolt

Koshinn
11-20-13, 12:11
I wear small glove size. I just got a k2 today (aim surplus sent the wrong color, oh well). I like it slightly better than the BCM mod1. Haven't tried the umbrella grip.

I don't think it's worth ditching bcm grips for the k2, but I think it's worth buying over a bcm if you need a new grip.

The side texture on the k2 is surprisingly very grippy.

Biggy
11-20-13, 13:04
I have had and used both the BCM Mod 3 and the Magpul K2 grips. I like the K2 grip just a little more than the Mod 3 grip only because that is my preference . IMHO, it is like comparing the Raptor charging handle to the BCM Gunfighter CH, both are excellent products, its just about your personal preference.

SPQR476
11-20-13, 13:11
Agreed, that bump is uncomfortable and seems odd as to why they'd do that.

Also, the front mounting surface is tapered and thinner than the Moe, which causes the bottom of the trigger guard ears to stick out. Goofy!

The bump is what allows positive hand index and the more vertical angle without compromising trigger reach geometry. The front being thinner than the trigger guard ears sounds entirely abnormal. I've been running one for a few months and have not seen that in any of the test installations. Hmmm.

Hkbeltfed
11-20-13, 14:48
The bump is what allows positive hand index and the more vertical angle without compromising trigger reach geometry.

I think I'd prefer if it was less pronounced.

The front being thinner than the trigger guard ears sounds entirely abnormal. I've been running one for a few months and have not seen that in any of the test installations. Hmmm.

I have two K2's and they're both the same. I've seen the same ridges in other pics on the net. Below are mine and both trigger guard ears are wider than the grip. Yet, if you compare a K2 and a Moe face to face, you'll see the Moe is wider and doesn't suffer from this.

http://www.hkbeltfed.com/k2-ridges.jpg

tom12.7
11-20-13, 15:47
Mine are like that too. That's a better way to explain it than I did.

thecolter
11-20-13, 16:53

I'll try and get a pic when I get home this afternoon.

As requested...

Again, the Magpul K2 in comparison to the Umbrella Corp. grip:

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2870/10969116303_17c7d8de6c_o.jpg
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2884/10968863125_8e39a251cf_o.jpg
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5496/10968888365_8e7eb8b12d_o.jpg

Quiet Riot
11-21-13, 04:35
I got my review done yesterday, comparing the K2 to the original MOE and the BCM Mod 3.

The engineering behind the grip is pretty cool, and there are good reasons for the hump. The shape corrects two of the unintended consequences of making an AR15 grip steeper. However, its form-follows-function design feels very different in the hand and can take some time to get used to.

In short, I think the K2 accomplishes Magpul's design goals quite well. Its feel in the hand will ultimately be what people judge it on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BG8IWTiSlI

3ACR_Scout
11-21-13, 07:58
I got my review done yesterday, comparing the K2 to the original MOE and the BCM Mod 3.

Great review, thanks for sharing it. I especially like the side-by-side comparison of the three grips.

Dave

TheDrunkenJedi
11-21-13, 09:47
Very informative review...thanks for putting that together.

Quiet Riot
11-22-13, 06:36
Thanks, guys!

Donut
11-29-13, 23:38
I just got a chance to swap on one of the K2s and just dry-firing so far, I wish I had ordered more than two!

Shao
11-30-13, 08:45
I installed a K2 on one of my pistols last night (replaced a MOE+) and... it's nice... I wear an XXL glove but still prefer a slim grip. I personally think the UG23 is still better. It just feels nicer in my hand and the grip angle seems more natural. The K2 kind of "locks" my hand into a particular grip that feels.. well.. odd to me... I will reserve further comments until I get it to the range. It's definitely an improvement over the original K though.

PatrioticDisorder
06-02-14, 17:49

I'm way late to the thread to add my 2 cents, I'll state what several others have already stated. After getting my paws around a K2 and a MOE+ I can say without a doubt a K2+ would be my DREAM grip.

RichFitz
11-13-14, 14:25
I'm way late to the thread to add my 2 cents, I'll state what several others have already stated. After getting my paws around a K2 and a MOE+ I can say without a doubt a K2+ would be my DREAM grip.

K2+ Now Shipping!

http://jerkingthetrigger.com/2014/11/13/magpul-expands-moe-grip-options/

PatrioticDisorder
11-13-14, 14:37
K2+ Now Shipping!

Thank you sir, timing could not be better!

ghostsup
11-13-14, 17:21
K2+ Now Shipping!

Awesome! Just ordered 2!

BufordTJustice
11-13-14, 17:55
K2+ Now Shipping!

I might have to try that. The K2 is currently my favorite grip. I stippled it and it got even better. The shape is simply perfect for my hand.

highxj
11-16-14, 14:32
Awesome! Just ordered 2!

Where did you order from ghost? I can't find anyone with stock....

cfrock
11-16-14, 16:29
Where did you order from ghost? I can't find anyone with stock....

Magpul.com

ghostsup
11-16-14, 19:06
Magpul.com

Exactly.

ghostsup
11-18-14, 16:37
Got the K2+ today from Magpul. Although I haven't shot with them yet, I'm really liking the feel of these. (I ordered 2)

Funtogun
11-23-14, 15:21
My K2+ showed up on Friday...Range on Saturday. I love the feel and the angle is just right for how I run my rifle. Was using the regular MOE+ because I couldnt live without the sticky rubber grip.

trinydex
11-28-14, 15:14
K2+ Now Shipping!

i wonder why more noise wasn't made about this. i just came across it randomly on magpul's site.

SPQR476
12-01-14, 10:22
We've just got a lot of things in the works right now--a lot of releases before SHOT, SHOT releases, catalog, video...K2+ is a favorite around here, though, so you'll see more about it.