PDA

View Full Version : Selling a used barrel

cgbills
08-09-13, 22:51
I currently have a 16in BCM BFH LW on my rifle with less than 500 rounds through it. I shaved down the FSB for a rail. I am thinking of swapping out this barrel for a 18in SS one geared for precision shooting, because I picked up another rifle to fill the original role I had for the LW. Is it worth trying to sell my used barrel if I pull it off? It is still in good shape and can shoot. What do you think I could get for it?

Iraqgunz
08-10-13, 01:14
To be honest, you will need to find a target audience for this. Since you have mutilated the FSB (regardless of intentions) it is not very marketable.

My guess is that you will get about 50% of it's value. Especially since there is no way to verify the round count.

I currently have a 16in BCM BFH LW on my rifle with less than 500 rounds through it. I shaved down the FSB for a rail. I am thinking of swapping out this barrel for a 18in SS one geared for precision shooting, because I picked up another rifle to fill the original role I had for the LW. Is it worth trying to sell my used barrel if I pull it off? It is still in good shape and can shoot. What do you think I could get for it?

Donut
08-10-13, 02:57
Personally, I'd view that kind of a purchase as a gamble, and it would have to be a helluva deal for me to roll the dice on it.

Sanpete
08-11-13, 15:08
Since you have mutilated the FSB (regardless of intentions) it is not very marketable.

My guess is that you will get about 50% of it's value.

I really wish more people would think about this before impulsively chopping their front sight bases. I am always on the lookout for lightly used, high quality barrels on the EE and will not even consider a barrel with a shaved FSB.