PDA

View Full Version : Woodland Camo Pouches?

coastwatcher42
08-10-13, 01:32
I love Multicam but I live in Southeastern Kentucky and, unfortunately, it doesn't blend in well in the late spring, summer, and early fall when everything is very green. It does great, though, after the leaves have fallen. Because of this, I have decided to put together a collection of gear in woodland camo to use during the times when my Multicam isn't appropriate.

The only PC I could find in Multicam is from Beez Combat Systems.
http://www.beezcombatsystems.com/BCS-Plate-Carrier-Cumber-BCS-PC-C.htm

I ordered one yesterday and need to find a source of woodland pouches to go on it. The only place I have found is OC Tactical, but they have a very limited selection. I have several woodland USGI MOLLE pouches and may end up getting more, but I would rather not. I have seen a few woodland pouches on eBay from such makers as Tactical Tailor, but they only come along every-so-often and usually aren't what I need.

What I am mainly looking for is a good admin pouch, a roll-up dump pouch, a GP pouch, a double pistol mag pouch, and AR pouches. The only requirements that I have is that they are made in the US and they're not airsoft crap. Any suggestions where I can find these? Thanks.

Caduceus
08-15-13, 07:43
I love Multicam but I live in Southeastern Kentucky and, unfortunately, it doesn't blend in well in the late spring, summer, and early fall when everything is very green. It does great, though, after the leaves have fallen. Because of this, I have decided to put together a collection of gear in woodland camo to use during the times when my Multicam isn't appropriate.

The only PC I could find in Multicam is from Beez Combat Systems.
http://www.beezcombatsystems.com/BCS-Plate-Carrier-Cumber-BCS-PC-C.htm

I ordered one yesterday and need to find a source of woodland pouches to go on it. The only place I have found is OC Tactical, but they have a very limited selection. I have several woodland USGI MOLLE pouches and may end up getting more, but I would rather not. I have seen a few woodland pouches on eBay from such makers as Tactical Tailor, but they only come along every-so-often and usually aren't what I need.

What I am mainly looking for is a good admin pouch, a roll-up dump pouch, a GP pouch, a double pistol mag pouch, and AR pouches. The only requirements that I have is that they are made in the US and they're not airsoft crap. Any suggestions where I can find these? Thanks.

Probably any Army Navy surplus store. Or the EE. I might still have a fanny pack if you want it.

RogerinTPA
08-15-13, 09:24
Take a look at CADPAT. It has much more green hues to blend in, and was the forerunner and base pattern to MARPAT and UPC camo.
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=cadpat&id=2B90D1C3045D92E5CBDB9C2C1C714CDB08616F1A&FORM=IQFRBA

FMCO
08-21-13, 01:16
Coastwatcher,

I don't want to cross the line but we're still making woodlands camo ALICE and MOLLE-compatible pouches in 1000d.

BCO30
08-25-13, 13:23
If you cant find it in woodland camo try looking at www.a-tacs.com. The Foliage Green works pretty good. Iam in TN a little south of you. Its got green and tan in the pattern it will probably do pretty good in the winters when the leaves fall.

FMCO
08-26-13, 16:47
From a manufacturer's standpoint, each new camo pattern brings a set of headaches. For the end user, each time a new camo pattern comes out and you decide to pull the trigger on it, you can spend a couple thousand dollars by the time you're equipped head to toe. Honestly, even though we manufacture products in woodlands, MultiCam, ATACs and digital patterns, fieldcraft is an important element too. Somebody skilled at individual movement can make solids, or older patterns like woodlands work perfectly well. If a customer already has committed to a camouflage pattern that is reasonably effective in their AO, then sticking with it might be the better call. In some circumstances, mixing camo patterns can work as well-the British have done this in Afghanistan in recent memory, for example. We work with an affiliate of ATACS who introduced us to the pattern some time ago and we were surprised how well ATACS-FG in particular can work. As always, YMMV.