PDA

View Full Version : That feeling...

SWThomas
08-10-13, 21:11
I went to the range today with a bag of 400 of my 9MM reloads. It was a great feeling when my wife and I fired them all off and every single one functioned flawlessly. Both my Glock 19 Gen 4 and her Springfield XD SC loved these rounds. And the bonus was they were more accurate than factory loads. I also score several hundred 45ACP cases from the fellas in the lanes flanking me and was able to find some Alliant Bullseye at the local Green Top. Great day!

I am definitely hooked on reloading now and have a great feeling of pride that I was able to make such great functioning and accurate ammo. I now know why everyone says you shoot more when you reload. It's because you want to burn up all that brass so you can reload it again. Reloading it is damn near as fun as shooting it!

Thanks to anyone who answered my newbie questions! :cool:

Airhasz
08-10-13, 22:57
Now your hooked, kiss your extra cash goodbye. I know from experience...:p

thopkins22
08-10-13, 22:59
Congratulations. Next thing you know you'll be disgusted with the quality of factory ammo and on the hunt for perfection.

Just never lose sight of the ultimate goal...keeping your eyes and fingers intact. ;)

morpheus6d9
08-11-13, 02:51
Congrats on the new addiction :)

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

Tzed250
08-11-13, 08:44
I haven't shot any factory ammo through my .40s since February. Reloading kept me shooting when there was no ammo on the shelves. I enjoy the process myself.

nate89
08-13-13, 17:03
I know the feeling-I just went to a one day handgun class on Saturday and shot reloads with my Glock 21 with no issues. It's true that you don't save any money reloading-you just make more ammo!

SWThomas
08-15-13, 07:00
I know the feeling-I just went to a one day handgun class on Saturday and shot reloads with my Glock 21 with no issues. It's true that you don't save any money reloading-you just make more ammo!

I'm finding that out rather quickly. :D

MontePR
08-15-13, 07:33
Whatever you do,don't watch tv while reloading and never EVER have out another powder than the one you're going to use on the bench. The combination of both can be disastrous. Trust me

SWThomas
08-15-13, 12:01
Whatever you do,don't watch tv while reloading and never EVER have out another powder than the one you're going to use on the bench. The combination of both can be disastrous. Trust me

Good tips. I will abide.