PDA

View Full Version : I'm SO PROUD of my daughter

coastwatcher42
08-11-13, 14:43
My daughter came in from Nashville on Friday night to spend the weekend with us. She went down there 4 years ago for work and to start on her Master's Degree. Although I only recently got into ARs, I have always had firearms and she has been raised around them and was taught to shoot at a young age. Before she left, I bought her a Glock 19 to take with her because she was familiar with the layout. (I have a Glock 17 which she has fired quite a bit.) After she got to Nashville, she took classes and obtained her CCW permit.

About a year and a half ago, she started seeing an idiot who was anti-gun and she put her Glock in the closet. She broke up with him about 2 months ago and began carrying her Glock again. She recently went out to the range to practice some and ran into a guy firing an AR. She began talking to him about it and he allowed her to fire a magazine through it. A few days later, she found and bought a Stag 2T.

She brought it with her when she came in and we spent most of the day yesterday firing and talking about our ARs. She even got my wife to shoot one, something I have been unable to do. She says that she really enjoys it and plans to take some classes! Her mother and I had no idea until she came home that she had bought it. She is even talking about possibly getting a suppressor. I am SO PROUD of my daughter. By the way, she has already been out several times with the guy who let her shoot his AR.

jpeezy
08-11-13, 15:29
That's awesome, firearm safety and discipline help mold a strong critical thinking young adult. I'm counting the days down until my girls are old enough, the older one is already showing interest. You should be proud, and savor everyday you get to go outdoors and shoot with her.

SeriousStudent
08-11-13, 17:33
She'll know she's found her one true love if the gas key and castle nut on his AR is properly staked. ;)

And wishing her good luck on her thesis, too.

coastwatcher42
08-11-13, 17:50
And wishing her good luck on her thesis, too.

Thanks, but a little belated. She received her Masters Degree in Marketing last year from Vanderbilt University, another reason I' m proud.

NCHornet
08-11-13, 19:16
Sounds like you did a fine job raising her. Maybe our future generations aren't toast after all? :D

tog
08-11-13, 19:21
I'm glad your daughter is involved in shooting and has a love of firearms. Last time I went to the range with my daughter I busted a thumb loading 45 mags for her. But I loved every second of it.

HMM
08-11-13, 21:25
Good deal! Hoping I have similar success with my 5yr old girl as she gets older. Momma doesn't care for guns but at least she doesn't hinder my feelings for them.

Split66
08-11-13, 23:25
See, this works out great for you too. You never have to worry about being that dad who gives dolt gifts during the holidays/birthdays.

www.bravocompanyusa.com

LOL

:D

coastwatcher42
08-11-13, 23:33
Sounds like you did a fine job raising her. Maybe our future generations aren't toast after all? :D

Maybe with her we did. Her brother was another story. He got involved with the wrong crowd and got into drugs. He can't legally own a firearm because he was convicted of a felony 5 years ago. He has managed to stay out of trouble lately and my wife and I pray every night that he will stay on the straight and narrow.

Nola_Jack
08-12-13, 06:59
Good kids usually mean good parents.

Voodoo_Man
08-12-13, 07:03
When you raise em right you should only be proud of yourself.

Good job.

Duffy
08-12-13, 15:00
Congrats! Please contact me, I'll send you / your daughter a Battle Arms Dev. safety to make her AR even better ;)

jaxman7
08-12-13, 15:13
Congrats! Please contact me, I'll send you / your daughter a Battle Arms Dev. safety to make her AR even better ;)

One of the best guys and businesses on M4C. Awesome Duffy.

-Jax

SpankMonkey
08-12-13, 15:18
Congrats OP. I am really happy to hear this. :D

Mine is starting to blossom, she starts college next week. God has truly blessed me with a good kid. I don't know what I did to deserve a truly good daughter in my life.

Bless God he has a plan for all of us.

coastwatcher42
08-12-13, 15:20

Thank you....PM sent

coastwatcher42
08-12-13, 15:22
Congrats OP. I am really happy to hear this. :D

Mine is starting to blossom, she starts college next week..

In some ways you look forward to them growing up and getting out on their own, but mostly you want them to stay daddy's little girl.

SpankMonkey
08-12-13, 15:34
In some ways you look forward to them growing up and getting out on their own, but mostly you want them to stay daddy's little girl.

So true. She came by today for some advice. I am glad to think she still considers me worthy to give said advice. It makes me feel proud.

She is into boys now. :confused: But she stays focused on work and school. I'm very proud of her.

jbo723
08-12-13, 15:35
Congrats and it definitely seems like you raised a strong minded woman..

I have three daughters of my own and I'm pretty sure they all will hopefully follow in your daughters footsteps. Both my sister's have their CCW's and my niece actually asked me this past weekend to guide her cause she wants to be a competitive shooter.

sxshep
08-12-13, 18:10
Congrats!

tog
08-12-13, 18:39

No matter how old they get they will always be Daddy's little girl.

munch520
08-12-13, 19:01
One of the best guys and businesses on M4C. Awesome Duffy.

-Jax

Without a doubt