PDA

View Full Version : loving my colt

usmcpsycho
08-12-13, 03:09
i received my colt 6920 socom about a week ago. it is without a doubt a well made firearm...fitment is top notch, finish is not as great as i would have expected(the upper and lower didnt match in color) but nothing a coating of duracoat cant fix, im having it duracoated in a cammo pattern anyway..the rifle is a seriously accurate piece of equipment, it holds a consistant 1.5 moa, and running it through quick action drills, its dead on....i also purchased a Del-ton echo 316for 650 with 300rnds of ammo, from my FFL, just cause i actually got the Colt for 1150 instead of the 1450 i thought i was gonna pay..its pretty accurate as well, but having the two side by side, you can see the quaility difference. the Del-ton is not as well machined as the colt, still not bad, but the colt has a better machine finish on the BCG and firing mechanism..charging the rifles, the colt is smoother, and the trigger is definitely much more crisp, and breaks with less pressure, almost seems like a compitition trigger, as opposed to the Del-ton, which feels more like my old military trigger..finish on the del-ton was, in my opinion better then the colts, bith upper and lower matched and were a deep black...but thats about the only better thing about the del-ton...i fired about 500rnds of military ammo i got from work, and both functioned flawlessly....overall i do see the difference in quaility between the two, with the colt much more refined mechanically, as far as cycling rounds.....overall, im happy with both purchases....i definitely am greatful for the advice you guys have given, and am happy i purchased the colt for what im using it for, the del-ton will be my daughters rifle, and my beater when im not training....i am planning a trip out to vegas with a few buddies from work, to attend one of those carbine courses, ill be taking the colt...ill let you know how it goes, and as soon as i get pics of them, ill post them...thanks again guys for the advice...it was greatly appreciated...now im trying to convince the wife to let me buy a noveske this time....wish me luck lol...thanks again!!

Airhasz
08-12-13, 03:50
Nice write up on your new M4A1. You did get it for a great price, I gave $1500 for mine over a year ago.

Iraqgunz
08-12-13, 03:52
Is it too much to ask for you to break your post down a little, use some punctuation and grammar? Honestly this should have been posted to your Facebook or Twitter account.