PDA

View Full Version : Aluminum QD rearmount wearout than steel QD mount?

Lawdog-1
08-12-13, 17:49
Would the Aluminum metal DD rear QD swivel Attachment be weaker and wearout faster than a steel in Noveske rear QD Attachment with the weight of a M4A1 hanging from a single point sling?

Hmac
08-12-13, 18:57
Believing steel to be more durable than aluminum for a stress application, I opted for the Noveske at about half the price and negligible weight penalty.

I've never heard of the DD endplate failing in any way, however.

Lawdog-1
08-13-13, 11:27
I've found Ice Arms QD mount looks just like Noveske QD rear sling mount, but cheaper.

WickedWillis
08-13-13, 11:59
Cheaper or less expensive? I have the Noveske QD and it is Rock-solid.

I've found Ice Arms QD mount looks just like Noveske QD rear sling mount, but cheaper.

wahoo95
08-13-13, 12:14
Given a choice I prefer the steel mount especially since the QD attachments are made of steel.

Grease Monkey
08-13-13, 13:36
Go with a steel mount. I have used aluminum mounts with a single point and it wears them out fairly quick with the single point in my experience. I use the Noveske mount but the Impact Weapons QD mount looks just as good for cheaper.

ETA=the IWC is rotation limited as where the Noveske is not. Don't know if that matters to you.

Toyoland66
08-13-13, 14:14
Go with a steel mount. I have used aluminum mounts with a single point and it wears them out fairly quick with the single point in my experience. I use the Noveske mount but the Impact Weapons QD mount looks just as good for cheaper.

ETA=the IWC is rotation limited as where the Noveske is not. Don't know if that matters to you.

Rotation limited on an end plate is a non issue, the swivel can only rotate so far before it is stopped by the RE/ castle nut. This is the case at least with the swivels on my VCAS.

TroyK983
08-14-13, 10:33
I've had no issues with the Noveske QD end plate on either of my rifles running single point slings. Seems to be very solid.