PDA

View Full Version : Is this like a mirror site of AR15.COM?

DHSGMAN
04-18-08, 09:55
I may be wrong but I thought I've seen some of the same Mods and Staff here that I do at AR15.COM.

Are they co-owned/ operated by the same people?

If not why have the same people running day to day ops?

variablebinary
04-18-08, 10:02
I may be wrong but I thought I've seen some of the same Mods and Staff here that I do at AR15.COM.

You're wide of the mark by a big margin. They are not connected beyond some commanality in members

Jay Cunningham
04-18-08, 10:03
There are some individuals who moderate here who also moderate over there.

There is no connection between the two sites.

At all.

DHSGMAN
04-18-08, 10:13
So other than sharing personnel there is no connection between the two?

Sorry but I fail to see how the two aren't one in the same.

If Company A employs personnel from Company B, how can Company A claim it isn't affiliated with Company B.

I guess I'll have to observe a little longer and see if the same types of behavior presents itself here as it does "over there". It's a shame because Ar15.com isn't as good as it used to be. I just would hate to see the same type of rhetoric displayed at every gun oriented website. It would be nice if each one would be different and absent of the same people in the same positions.

That's the only point I'd like to make.

Jay Cunningham
04-18-08, 10:18

If Company A employs personnel from Company B, how can Company A claim it isn't affiliated with Company B.

I guess I'll have to observe a little longer and see if the same types of behavior presents itself here as it does "over there". It's a shame because Ar15.com isn't as good as it used to be. I just would hate to see the same type of rhetoric displayed at every gun oriented website. It would be nice if each one would be different and absent of the same people in the same positions.

I don't know what to tell you other than what I already did. Moderators are not paid employees.

Blake
04-18-08, 10:21

Certainly not the same as TOS. That should be evident by looking around and reading for a while. Some quality individuals post here. They aren't one in the same, because they aren't the same. M&P forum isn't the same as M4C, just because they share some of the same members.

variablebinary
04-18-08, 10:22

Continue to post like this and you'll learn the difference faster than you'd like.

Enjoy your stay, and tread lightly till you learn the terrain

DHSGMAN
04-18-08, 10:24
Continue to post like this and you'll learn the difference faster than you'd like.

Enjoy your stay, and tread lightly till you learn the terrain

Already getting threats, nope seems like more of the same. And who the hell are you to tell me how to tread?

Thanks for the earnest response Blake. I do appreciate it.

Jay Cunningham
04-18-08, 10:28
Not just threats, but an infraction as well.

C4IGrant
04-18-08, 10:32

Yes, this is a mirror site for ARFCOM. The owner of AR15.com is also the owner of this forum.

C4