PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a IWB/OWB Kydex holster more towards IWB.

Elbowtko
08-13-13, 04:15
Hello,

I am currently looking for a IWB holster that can be convertible for OWB carry as well. I know there are many out there made popular by Raven concealment.

However, a lot of these holsters seem to be optimized for OWB carry, vs IWB. I know in hybrid holsters, there is compromise one way or the other so I am looking for one more towards IWB. This includes a nice curvature as oppose to the much flatter OWB style (while still being OWB capable). For IWB they must be tuckable.

I came across Pitbull Tactical, as well as Atomic Dog who offer such options. (Pitbull, coming standard as IWB vs OWB, which I like.)

I would also like to mention Secret City Weaponeers, but their website seems to be down, and I have no idea how to contact them.

Are there others that I should be looking for?

skijunkie55
08-13-13, 10:06
Maybe check out Bravo Concealment?

http://bravoconcealment.com/collections/gun-holsters/products/d-o-s-holster

I'm in the same boat as you... Doing lot's of research.

wahoo95
08-13-13, 10:17
I use a Guardian Concealment and have been very happy with its versatility. They may appear bulky as most hybrids do, however they are extremely comfy by design.

www.guardianconcealment.com

walkingbush
08-20-13, 06:56
A lot has to do with your build when you're looking for a "crossover" platform like that. The skinnier you are the more purpose built holsters tend to be required.

I've found hybrid holsters to be good for smaller guns but they fail to pull the grip into the body on larger frame guns, IMO.

Regarding Secret City, there's a huge thread on here regarding the multitude of business issues going on.