PDA

View Full Version : Spare BC for 6601

ussbang
04-18-08, 10:47
My Colt 6601, with block in the lower, has a Bolt Carrier with the bottom milled off.

I am interested in acquiring a spare. To just keep it original is there a source, other than Colt, for the same type of bolt carrier?

If I can't locate a reasonably priced milled bottom Colt bolt carrier, am I limited to the Colt bolt carrier with the bottom milled off? Will a semi auto bolt carrier from another manufacturer work, ie Bushmaster or CMT.

markm
04-18-08, 11:13
Why would you need a spare?

A spare bolt isn't a bad idea, but a carrier will likely never need replacing under normal use.

ussbang
04-18-08, 11:34
Why would you need a spare?

A spare bolt isn't a bad idea, but a carrier will likely never need replacing under normal use.

I was also going to get a spare bolt and start them out new together if my current bolt ever goes south. I was looking at the BCM bolts online.

markm
04-18-08, 12:14
A BCM bolt is a good option. But the carrier will outlast a few bolts at least.

ussbang
04-18-08, 12:29
A BCM bolt is a good option. But the carrier will outlast a few bolts at least.

Well my other motive is to possibly someday find a Government profile upper. If I do that I would already have the bolt carrier assembly. My rifle is currently set up for NM course shooting and with the HBAR barrel and the full length tube it is heavy for informal target use.

I do not know if the sear block would somehow interfere with a different semi auto Bolt carrier? At any rate I want the flexibility to use the spare assembly for either purpose.

CHoffman
04-18-08, 12:38
I believe Numrich's has what you are looking for. If this is what is looks like (not too familiar with Colt's although I hope to remedy that some day soon)
http://www.e-gunparts.com/images/adz/294270.jpg

markm
04-18-08, 12:51
That's the carrier.

Are we talking about the pinned block in the lower that sticks up and is in the way?

If so, you can get that block removed. I think S.A.W. will do it. It's a tricky do it yourself home job too.