PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on selling my CZ!

Nick504
08-13-13, 10:33
Hello all,

I've recently been tossing around the idea of selling my CZ-75 P-01 but I don't know the best way to go about it. It only has 300 rounds through it, not even broken it yet. I took it to my local gun shop and he low balled me big time. He offered me $275. I politely said "I'll pass."

It's a great gun and haven't had any problems with it. I've just had my eye on something else and want to sell my CZ to help me get it. Any suggestions on the best way to sell it where I can get a fair price for it, rather than getting taken at a gun shop? Thanks in advance for any advice you guys can give me.

Magsz
08-13-13, 10:44
Nick,

Post it up here. Post it up on any local firearms forums that you may have for your region.

Trying to get "fair market price" for a used gun through a gun store is all but impossible.

black22rifle
08-13-13, 10:47
Selling it in a private sale will be better. Im sure you could sell it for $450.

MegademiC
08-13-13, 11:26
IMO post it here in the EE and on gunbroker. I sold mine on gunbroker for a fair price. Gunshops are like car lots... do you get a fair price on trade-ins? They need to make money by buying low and selling high.

Nick504
08-13-13, 12:24
Nick,

Post it up here. Post it up on any local firearms forums that you may have for your region.

Trying to get "fair market price" for a used gun through a gun store is all but impossible.

Good advice. I may post it on Armslist to sell it locally, ftf. I would also probably specify CC permit required, so I have the peace of mind that they can legally possess a firearm.

Nick504
08-13-13, 12:25
Selling it in a private sale will be better. Im sure you could sell it for $450.

That's exactly what I was thinking of selling it for. :cool:

Nola_Jack
08-13-13, 14:17
Bayoushooter.com is the big regional site for LA and MS.

Nick504
08-13-13, 18:13
@NolaJack, thanks for the info. Unfortunately, I no longer live in that area. But I have listed the CZ on Armslist. We'll see if I get any bites locally. Thanks guys for the suggestions.

Nola_Jack
08-13-13, 18:30
I'd still look for a regional forum, wherever you are has one. Calguns, pagunforum, etc etc

m4brian
08-14-13, 19:26
Regional forum and the CZ forum site.