PDA

View Full Version : HUGE Props to Ruger Customer Service! (GSR)

azeriosu85
08-13-13, 14:14
So i royally F***** up my stock on my Ruger Gunsite Scout by laying it in powder blast gun cleaner, like an idiot, that was pooled on my bench while cleaning. Needless to say it ate right through the "polymer" coating on the laminate stock making awful "bubbles" of missing laminate coating. Affect function? NO, but to say i was pissed was an understatement. Anyways i called Ruger CS. Told them what happened, he said send the stock in, no problem. Well i sent the stock in, it arrived at ruger yesterday, and about 15 minutes ago i get a knock on the door. It's UPS with my brand new stock next day air for free.... less than one day turn around (from other side of US) on a idiot move that i did! I just have to say i was completely impressed and now am back to loving my Ruger gunsite Scout.

THANK YOU RUGER!

GSPKurt
09-01-13, 21:27
THAT is an incredible story. I have also had outstanding service from Ruger.

Kokopelli
09-01-13, 21:32
It is indeed.. Speaks volumes for Ruger...

azeriosu85
09-01-13, 21:54
Oh and an UPDATE:

They forgot the side screw for the new stock since i sent mine in with my old stock, talked to the guy, he personally walked it out himself to make sure it could be overnighted to me. OUT****INGSTANDING!

Now on the other side I have an FDE M&P 9 that won't eject any magazine after last shot, I have to manually yank it out, called S&W, got the runaround and a 30 min. wait, said they would send me a shipping label...8 days later....nothing....sigh

The Ruger CS has literally made me want to even give an SR9 a shot, even though i know they are generally not very well regarded and i have two M&P 9's, but hey, SR9 2,000 round challenge would be interesting either way!

Coal Dragger
09-01-13, 23:35
I grew up shooting a Ruger Single Six convertible that my dad still owns to this day, at some point the crown on the barrel got damaged at no fault of Ruger. My dad sent it back to get re-crowned, which they did free of charge even though it was not their fault the gun was dropped or banged against something. While at Ruger they also cleaned it up, and re-blued the steel and refinished the black aluminum grip frame. Amazing. Not sure if they still do stuff like that but it blew my dad away that they did.

Plus as you have found out, their turn around time is flat out FAST.

jeff91
09-12-13, 22:15
This is great to hear, hopefully I never have a problem with my GSR but knowing that they stand behind it is good to know.

Mak8080
09-14-13, 01:08
Glad to hear you've had success with Ruger CS. They've helped me in the past and have been nothing but superb.

skipper49
09-14-13, 18:04
I also have had excellent CS from Ruger. They don't care about "original purchaser", or how long you've had it. Like the poster above, I'm tempted to try their new generation of auto pistol. My grandson recently bought a new SR9c that he is very fond of.

Skip

sierra 223
09-14-13, 18:49
Always good to hear, way to go Ruger.

wingspar
09-14-13, 19:35
Ruger replaced a Mini-14 for me, but it took two trips to Ruger for that to happen. When I sent it in first time for constant jamming (malfunctions) they sent it back in absolutely horrible condition. It jammed twice as bad, the sights were now off, and something else that I can’t remember. I sent it back a second time with photos and a video of the 4 to 6 jams per mag, and they sent me a new gun that had one malfunction in 400 rounds. They took care of the problem, but it took a while.

cdb
09-14-13, 20:32
Always nice to hear a good customer service story. BTW, how do you like the scout?

skipper49
09-15-13, 13:06
I know the question was for the OP, but I've had a RGSR since they were first released, and could not be more pleased with it. Just a really neat "all 'round" bolt carbine.
Skip