PDA

View Full Version : Ammo for Indoor Range

VIP3R 237
08-14-13, 14:32
Hey guys.

Those of you who work at or run an Indoor range, where are you guys getting ammo for range use? We're opening a range here in the next couple months and most standard distributors can't supply us.

High Tower
08-14-13, 17:20
I've worked at two shops with indoor ranges and at both places, any factory produced ammo was allowed in. At one place, it was only brass cased ammo as the brass was recycled to cut cost.

In one case, it was a fairly low volume range so filters never seemed to be an issue. In the other, it was a very high volume and the filters were constantly being changed.

I'd take a look at HPR ammo. They claim to be using pretty clean ammo. If that is the case it could cut back on filter costs quite a bit. I know last year they were trying to get range business, but after the obacalypse I'm not sure any of the ammo programs I dealt with are still an option. Other than them, Remington had a range program with very good pricing if you were a direct dealer and Fiocchi was trying to get into the range game. It might take until after this mess is sorted out, but ti wouldn't hurt to talk to your reps to get the bee in their bonnet that you will need a lot of ammo on a regular basis.

SWThomas
08-15-13, 06:58
It depends on the range. The range here in Richmond is state of the art and has an incredible ventilation system. They don't care what ammo you use there because it's all pulled out to the impact area and filtered.

Ryno12
08-15-13, 07:04
It depends on the range. The range here in Richmond is state of the art and has an incredible ventilation system. They don't care what ammo you use there because it's all pulled out to the impact area and filtered.

I believe the OP is asking about finding a distributor to supply their range with ammo.

Sent via Tapatalk

MontePR
08-15-13, 07:16
A bunch of ranges in my area use Atlanta Arms ammo.

Boxerglocker
08-15-13, 15:45
A bunch of ranges in my area use Atlanta Arms ammo.

Is Alanta Arms still insisting you send them you brass before they sell you ammo? That was a huge controversy few months back.