PDA

View Full Version : I thought I had trouble with DD Omega rail and Tangodown grip, instructions are great

ddemis
04-18-08, 12:33
I can't get Tango down vertical grip on my new DD Omega rail, it just wont fit. Any help short of using a hammer is really appreciated!

johnson601
04-18-08, 13:00
Is the grip new? If it is mine was very hard to get on the first 2 or 3 times. Now it is easy to move (first time took some elbow grease!)

Parabellum9x19mm
04-18-08, 13:05
a BOBRO VFG will fix that problem :D

5POINT56
04-18-08, 13:14
T.D. verticle grips have something of a reputation for occasionally being too snug for some rails, or too loose (less frequently).

It's likely the grip, not the DD Omega being out of spec.

There's a neat trick with zip ties that helps get a tight TD grip installed...running the ties through both sides of the adjustment openings through the grip, fastening each in to a loop and usuing them as handles to really wrench the locking tabs in a downward pull and then slide in to desired position. Worked for me.

SinnFéinM1911
04-18-08, 13:44
T.D. verticle grips have something of a reputation for occasionally being too snug for some rails, or too loose (less frequently).

It's likely the grip, not the DD Omega being out of spec.

There's a neat trick with zip ties that helps get a tight TD grip installed...running the ties through both sides of the adjustment openings through the grip, fastening each in to a loop and usuing them as handles to really wrench the locking tabs in a downward pull and then slide in to desired position. Worked for me.

Neat Trick??

Its in the instructions.... LMAO :D

5POINT56
04-18-08, 13:53
Neat Trick??

Its in the instructions.... LMAO :D

Guess I was a naughty boy and never bothered looking at the instructions for my....verticle grip.

I just read it online somewhere and it worked fine. The source is less important than the effectiveness of the solution.

Shihan
04-18-08, 13:59
Weird all the TD grips and Omegas I have used and assembled fit perfect.

ddemis
04-18-08, 20:34
Thanks 5point56, the zip tie trick worked!