PDA

View Full Version : Aimpoint Micros

TacticalSledgehammer
08-15-13, 09:56
I saw the T1 and thought it would be a solid optic for my new AR I'm buying here soon. I've been debating on the H1 now due to the lower price. From what I understand, I'm really only losing night vision capability which I have no use for anyway (I'm a civi).

Would you consider the H1 a solid general use optic for anything from defense, 3gun, even hunting?

bullittmcqueen
08-15-13, 10:03
Unless you want NV capability or want to submerge it in water, there is no difference in the T1 and H1. The H1 will be more than adequate to accomplish pretty much anything you throw at it.

steyrman13
08-15-13, 10:11
As mentioned depth of water and NV is the only difference in the T1 and H1. If you want to save a few more dollars, get the R1. Only difference in the R1 and H1 is the R1 is silver not black and less $
Edit: Unless you are set on a 2 MOA instead of 4 MOA. If you want 2 MOA dot, you will have to go with the T/H models

Dos Cylindros
08-15-13, 10:12
The H1 is every bit as well built as the T1. As others have said, if you don't need the NV, and don't anticipate diving with your optic then save the $ and get the H1.

C4IGrant
08-15-13, 10:26
I saw the T1 and thought it would be a solid optic for my new AR I'm buying here soon. I've been debating on the H1 now due to the lower price. From what I understand, I'm really only losing night vision capability which I have no use for anyway (I'm a civi).

Would you consider the H1 a solid general use optic for anything from defense, 3gun, even hunting?

The H-1 and R-1 are just as reliable as the T-1. They also have a little clearer view as they do not have all the extra lens coatings that the T-1 has.

The best deal on the market is the R-1.

We have a bunch of package deals with Aimpoint Micro's if interested: http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?search=action&category=PKGS

C4

TacticalSledgehammer
08-15-13, 11:08
Thanks for the input guys! I'll be sure to give 'em a look Grant.

Would you think the H-1 or R1 would be okay if dropped in a puddle or water a few feet deep? I'm not anticipating it lol, but you never know what could happen.

steyrman13
08-15-13, 11:22
Thanks for the input guys! I'll be sure to give 'em a look Grant.

Would you think the H-1 or R1 would be okay if dropped in a puddle or water a few feet deep? I'm not anticipating it lol, but you never know what could happen.

http://www.aimpoint.com/uploads/tx_pxaaimpoint/Micro_R1_Eng_M00809_080909.pdf

submersible to 15 feet

TacticalSledgehammer
08-15-13, 11:47
Thanks. That's more than sufficient for me

jpeezy
08-15-13, 12:05
Have several H1's including one on my go to SBR. Also have several coworkers who go with one for there duty rifles. I'd pull the trigger with confidence.

BigLarge
08-15-13, 14:13
The H-1 and R-1 are just as reliable as the T-1. They also have a little clearer view as they do not have all the extra lens coatings that the T-1 has.

We have a bunch of package deals with Aimpoint Micro's if interested: http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?search=action&category=PKGS

C4

Did not realize the H1 has a clearer view, thats the first i've heard of it. Also didnt realize GDI made an aimpoint micro mount.... not sure if its worth the extra $ on an RDS though

Mr Elbowseed
08-19-13, 00:36

C4[/QUOTE]

Grant, do you have the io cover listed individually on your site I can't seem to find it. Thanks

C4IGrant
08-19-13, 08:02
Grant, do you have the io cover listed individually on your site I can't seem to find it. Thanks

We do not.

C4

BudJr
08-20-13, 00:50
There are differences between the T1 and H1 besides NVG and water resistance. Namely the housing strength, anodizing, and max temp range. Obviously those differences won't be equally significant to everyone.

jerhelo
08-20-13, 22:51

I have the T-1 and a M4s and could pretty much flip a coin on which one to keep if I could only have one. I used to run eotech and have not looked back since I got my first aimpoint....

BigLarge
08-21-13, 03:54
There are differences between the T1 and H1 besides NVG and water resistance. Namely the housing strength, anodizing, and max temp range. Obviously those differences won't be equally significant to everyone.

Hadnt heard this... source?

steyrman13
08-21-13, 08:30
Hadnt heard this... source?

Aimpoints site. The t-1 can handler ~20 degreas colder and hotter, it is extruded aluminum, and hard anodized vs anodized.

C4IGrant
08-21-13, 10:17
Aimpoints site. The t-1 can handler ~20 degreas colder and hotter, it is extruded aluminum, and hard anodized vs anodized.

The Aimpoint website (like most manufacturers websites) is off. The internals of the H-1 are IDENTICAL to that of the T-1. The biggest difference is the optical coating for NV use. It is true that the T-1 is HA and the H-1 is anodized. This should really play little roles in one decision though.

The T-1 and H-1 will go to the same depths and survive the same temps.

C4

munch520
08-21-13, 10:30
I'd say you'd be fine with the H1 OP. Or R1, as Grant said. NV capability is a consideration I suppose, but if I'm buying NV, I'd be getting a DBAL or the like as well. So I don't get tied up in the NV department.

My only gripe with the H1 is the stupid writing all over it. IO cover fixes that and is a great little cover for the money.

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5470/8982933185_a42c607de6_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/96608534@N06/8982933185/)

RST Customer Rep
08-21-13, 10:36
We have a couple left in stock Mr Elbowseed
You can find them here

http://www.redstatetactical.com/TangoDown-iO-Optic-Cover-Black_p_379.html

Doc Safari
08-23-13, 16:58

C4

I just ordered an R1 from Grant's website. I was pleased to see it ships with my choice of colored IO covers (negates the objection to the bright silver finish of the R1 in my book).

Amazing savings over a T1 or H1 and the IO cover itself is around $30.

I'm guessing Grant doesn't have many of these R1's left since it's discontinued.

Can't beat this deal IMHO.

Voodoo_Man
08-23-13, 17:31
I have an H1 that i reviewed - http://vdmsr.blogspot.com/2012/12/aimpoint-h1-on-larue-751.html

highly recommended

CJFirefly
08-27-13, 18:52
I just ordered an R1 from Grant's website. I was pleased to see it ships with my choice of colored IO covers (negates the objection to the bright silver finish of the R1 in my book).

Amazing savings over a T1 or H1 and the IO cover itself is around $30.

I'm guessing Grant doesn't have many of these R1's left since it's discontinued.

Can't beat this deal IMHO.

Would you mind posting a pic of this when you get it? I'm curious to how much of the silver R1 finish is visible with the IO cover on.

MelloYellow
08-27-13, 22:45
Would you mind posting a pic of this when you get it? I'm curious to how much of the silver R1 finish is visible with the IO cover on.

I am picking up an R-1 from Grant tomorrow at UPS...with FDE IO cover and DD mount. I will post some pics for you also.

The R-1 will receive a paint job soon after.

mikejg
08-28-13, 07:31
The only thing that's glaringly obvious is the battery cover on the intensity knob. I have a pic of my R-1 with black IO cover in the BCM FDE Recce thread that Grant started.

I'd post a link but I'm on vacation and only have my phone.

Doc Safari
08-28-13, 09:15

Sorry I don't have a camera anymore.

jandbj
08-28-13, 09:21
The only thing that's glaringly obvious is the battery cover on the intensity knob. I have a pic of my R-1 with black IO cover in the BCM FDE Recce thread that Grant started.

Found it. Thanks!

http://i560.photobucket.com/albums/ss46/mikejg05/IMG_1157_zps34fdf489.jpg

Moltke
08-28-13, 09:25

Something to consider is the H-1 has more visible intensity settings and so if you want to play with your settings because of lighting conditions, it is more capable. You can get a more precise dot by turning it down to where you can barely see it when zeroing or shooting distant targets, which will be useful at times.

Doc Safari
08-28-13, 09:44

Right. I already plan to paint my intensity cover black.

prez1967
08-28-13, 18:43
Been thinking about a H1 for my 870... Ive heard nothing but good things.

Moltke
08-28-13, 19:45
Been thinking about a H1 for my 870... Ive heard nothing but good things.

Bad things! Bad things!

Now you've heard both sides of the story.

CJFirefly
08-28-13, 20:41

Sweet. I'll probably get the KAC battery cap. That will take care of the silver, and I was going to get one anyways.

BigLarge
08-29-13, 00:48
Something to consider is the H-1 has more visible intensity settings and so if you want to play with your settings because of lighting conditions, it is more capable. You can get a more precise dot by turning it down to where you can barely see it when zeroing or shooting distant targets, which will be useful at times.

Just want to make sure I understand....

The H-1 has more visible intensity settings than the T-1? Do the R-1 and H-1 have the same visible intensity settings?

Vandal
08-29-13, 01:54
That is how I understand it. The H-1/R-1 have more visible brightness settings than the T-1 due to the NV settings. Not sure about the H-1 and R-1 having the same number of settings.

I picked up a T-1 not that I needed the NV capability but because my LSG didn't have a H-1 in stock. They were willing to make me a good deal on the T-1 sitting in the case so I took it. I do need a different mount. Running the factory Aimpoint mount and I'd prefer the peace of mind of a DD or the new Bobro lower 1/3rd mounts.

jerrysimons
08-29-13, 11:54
The H1 may have more visible settings than the T1 but are the visible settings on the T1 sufficiently varied to make the dot appear translucent for zeroing and precision shots?

Grant, how noticeable is the clarity differance between the H1 and T1?

Thanks!

C4IGrant
08-29-13, 11:59
The H1 may have more visible settings than the T1 but are the visible settings on the T1 sufficiently varied to make the dot appear translucent for zeroing and precision shots?

Grant, how noticeable is the clarity differance between the H1 and T1?

Thanks!

Clarity might not be the right word. Sharper image is maybe a better way to state it.

It will be different to everyone so you would want to look through both.

C4