PDA

View Full Version : REDI-MAG BCL

thehun
08-15-13, 10:45
Gang,

I have always been very skeptical about these bolt levers since they have been out...the design to me just was not efficient.

After my first carbine class my instructor had a redi-mag dual magazine setup on his rifle and I really liked it so I went to there website to find out more info.

Thats when I saw their Bolt Closing Lever design and to me it was a well engineered piece...ordered it that night.

Got it on my rifle today. Fitment is PERFECT. I am a lefty and it truly makes mag changes much more efficient (which all bolt levers would do) but with the pivoting of this lever..zero force.

It also hugs the lower receiver very well giving me all the room I need even with gloves. fixed designed bolt levers the real estate inside the trigger guard just was not there

This is a great lever that actually makes things effortless..and the fitment is just bar none AWESOME. I'll try and get some pics later.

SilverBullet432
08-15-13, 13:54
what is it? like a BAD lever type device?

thehun
08-15-13, 14:02
Yes but with a bit more engineering

1911-A1
08-15-13, 18:08
Including a link and/or photo isn't exactly rocket science, and it eliminates the inevitable "what is it?" responses.

http://www.redi-mag.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=56

http://www.redi-mag.com/images/products/detail_56_BCL11.jpg

jaxman7
08-15-13, 18:20
Yes but with a bit more engineering

Not really. It only releases the bolt. It is not made to lock it back manually.

The lever does not move during last round lock back. It is strictly designed for reloads and to improve reliable functioning over say a BAD lever and that is subjective of course. In some guns they run and some they don't.

-Jax

sinlessorrow
08-15-13, 19:15
I dont get the point.

jaxman7
08-15-13, 19:30
I dont get the point.

I can see why. Redi-Mag's claim to fame is of course the Redi-Mag itself. If you don't use one or a Redi-Mod, one may not have use for it. Hitting the bolt release can be difficult at times with that big spare mag holder on the left side of the lower directly in front of the release so this (or a BAD if it works on your rifle) most definitely makes it faster/easier for me as opposed to using a Redi-Mag without one.

I'd give it the title of improved reliability BAD with one big caveat: no bolt lock back. :) I do like the fact that it hugs the trigger well more than the BAD and sticks out further on the side.

-Jax