PDA

View Full Version : Need a new AR!

mysak
08-15-13, 12:02
Do not really feel like building one, budget is around 1500-2k.
Anywhere from 14.5 - 16 mainly for doing short-mid range work. Any suggestions?

MistWolf
08-15-13, 12:29
Colt 6920.

If you want to separate the wheat from the chaff for worthy alternatives, use https://www.m4carbine.net/nual/misc/nav_search.gif to research Colt, BCM, KAC, Daniel Defense, Noveske or other AR maker to see how they stack up and the pros and cons of the different configurations. But if you want the simplest solution, get the Colt 6920

SpankMonkey
08-15-13, 12:33
Get a Colt, BCM or DD. Lots of dealers are carrying them. BCM and DD make a middy. I would get a middy if possible. Very smooth to shoot.

Tzook
08-15-13, 12:34
If you're willing to spend that much, I would suggest a KAC SR-15. IMO it's the smoothest shooting, most reliable rifle money can buy

mysak
08-15-13, 12:44
I really wanted a KAC but I don't think I can get one here in Commiefornia with the ambi mag release and what not. BCM makes some great looking rifles.

mysak
08-15-13, 12:51
Could you also point me in the right direction to find rifles?

Iraqgunz
08-15-13, 13:01
Check with one of the site sponsors GandRTactical. They have stuff regularly in stock.

Rascally
08-15-13, 13:12

DD current has stock and free shipping until Sept. 1...

Rascal

"You can never be too rich, too good looking, or too well armed"

mysak
08-15-13, 13:14
I was looking on GandR at the BCM http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=MID16LW-BFH-MK4S
Im not too sure on the LW barrel

F-Trooper05
08-15-13, 13:27
Im not too sure on the LW barrel

What aren't you sure on? You got an M203 laying around somewhere?

C4IGrant
08-15-13, 13:32
We have some good deals on DD rifles (free Aimpoint PRO with purchase) and have a bunch of BCM rifles in inventory.

We have Bullet Buttons available and can also change out the 30rd mag for a 10rd M3 PMAG.

C4

SilverBullet432
08-15-13, 13:37
free aimpoint?? youd be a sucker if you didnt get it! A Daniel Defense and a free aimpoint. if i had the $ id have one on the way already!

mysak
08-15-13, 13:45
No, what I am saying is I am not familiar with the barrel AE: specs, make, twist rate, and so on!

The aimpoint with DD is pretty sweet deal.

SilverBullet432
08-15-13, 13:47
No, what I am saying is I am not familiar with the barrel AE: specs, make, twist rate, and so on!

The aimpoint with DD is pretty sweet deal.

here you go:

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-16-LIGHT-WEIGHT-Barrel-Stripped-p/bcm-brl-car%2016lw%20%20std.htm

AeroEngi
08-15-13, 13:50
We have some good deals on DD rifles (free Aimpoint PRO with purchase) and have a bunch of BCM rifles in inventory.

We have Bullet Buttons available and can also change out the 30rd mag for a 10rd M3 PMAG.

C4

This is a pretty sick deal. I'd go for it if I were you OP.

Ridgerunner665
08-15-13, 13:54
Hell, its got me thinking about buying one...but I'm saving for that M4s to go on the Sig :o

billybronco
08-15-13, 14:21
Creme de la Creme.....Say no more. The one and only.

INSANE resale value too...

https://www.boltcarrier.com/product/knights-armament-sr-15e3-iws-mod1-carbine/

Boba Fett v2
08-15-13, 14:37
As far as complete rifles go, if not the SR-15E3, the next choice I'd consider would be a BCM/HSP Jack Carbine or BCM EAG for workhorse tactical carbine.

mysak
08-15-13, 14:41
OOooOOhh decisions decisions! Thank you gentlemen your googlefu is far superior to my own. Im leaning towards the KAC but would they modify it to get it in CA? (only a temp mod as Im trying to get out of CA) The BCM is also very tempting.

Just1more
08-15-13, 17:20

C4

I'm also in the market for an AR, but when i checked your web site i didn't see any reference to this.(free Aimpoint w/purchase)

How will this work?

Thanks

mysak
08-15-13, 17:21
At the bottom of the page of the DD rifle it says "free aimpoint pro"

Just1more
08-15-13, 17:30
At the bottom of the page of the DD rifle it says "free aimpoint pro"

Got it, guess i better get my eyes checked.

Thanks.

TBomb
08-15-13, 17:37
OOooOOhh decisions decisions! Thank you gentlemen your googlefu is far superior to my own. Im leaning towards the KAC but would they modify it to get it in CA? (only a temp mod as Im trying to get out of CA) The BCM is also very tempting.

You can buy the KAC and send it to me in TX for safe keeping until you get out of CA ;)

In your shoes, I would probably get a BCM recce upper on a BCM lower that's CA legal, a Geissele trigger of your choice, and you still have a few hundred left over to go towards an optic.

mysak
08-15-13, 19:31
Lol Texas is actually where I'm trying to go! Yeah the bcm is second choice or buying a kac upper and putting it on a lower.

tog
08-15-13, 20:15

C4

Wow! great deal here.

narco23
08-15-13, 20:59
Wow! great deal here.

No kidding. Good enough deal to make me seriously think about it.

C4IGrant
08-15-13, 21:03
I'm also in the market for an AR, but when i checked your web site i didn't see any reference to this.(free Aimpoint w/purchase)

How will this work?

Thanks

You just order the DD AR from our website and get the Aimpoint PRO.

C4

Nola_Jack
08-15-13, 21:09
As far as complete rifles go, if not the SR-15E3, the next choice I'd consider would be a BCM/HSP Jack Carbine or BCM EAG for workhorse tactical carbine.

The jack carbine is soooo heavy

GUNFUN
08-15-13, 21:39
I just bought a LMT CQB MRP and love it. It has a solid feel along with the one piece monolithic rail and the ability to change barrels by just removing 2 screws. Definitly a sweet piece I am very happy. I also have a BCM and DD which are good rifles but I if I had to grab one it would be my LMT.

w3453l
08-15-13, 22:02

Sorry to kill it for you, but there is NO way you can get a KAC into CA. Even if it had a six foot barrel, permanently welded single shot mag, with no pistol grip, and zip ties to hold any shoulder things that go up... It's banned by name.

Trust me I've tried. You can get a KAC upper though, just no lower receiver.

I too am looking to get a few AR's before the January deadline. I'm buying lmt lowers, and hopefully some MRP uppers.

GUNFUN
08-15-13, 22:11
Sorry to kill it for you, but there is NO way you can get a KAC into CA. Even if it had a six foot barrel, permanently welded single shot mag, with no pistol grip, and zip ties to hold any shoulder things that go up... It's banned by name.

Trust me I've tried. You can get a KAC upper though, just no lower receiver.

I too am looking to get a few AR's before the January deadline. I'm buying lmt lowers, and hopefully some MRP uppers.

Whats the January deadline.

F-Trooper05
08-15-13, 22:35
The jack carbine is soooo heavy

Can't tell if this is sarcasm or not, but I hope for your sake it is, because it's one of the most well balanced guns I've ever felt.

Zane1844
08-15-13, 22:56
Whats the January deadline.

I think it is when already neutered CA AR's become Assualtbabykillers, and the registry opens up.

w3453l
08-15-13, 23:46
I think it is when already neutered CA AR's become Assualtbabykillers, and the registry opens up.

No more semi auto rifles with detachable mags will be allowed for sale. Look up SB 47 and SB 374. One more vote to go before they actually go up for sign or veto, but I wouldn't count on them not making past the next vote

Zane1844
08-16-13, 00:15
No more semi auto rifles with detachable mags will be allowed for sale. Look up SB 47 and SB 374. One more vote to go before they actually go up for sign or veto, but I wouldn't count on them not making past the next vote

Ah, thanks. So you must register your already owned Assualtweaponofmassbabykilling by July 15, 2015. Good. I will be out of here by then. :D

And OP, I suggest getting a basic rifle at first. For example, after my M&P15, I realized I wanted a longer handguard, I did the only conceivable thing to do and bought an entire BCM upper with a 12" rail. I then learned, after about a couple thousand rounds with it, that the rail was too long as it added more weight from rail I do not use. I found my happy place with Mid-length handguards (9").

You might change your wants, and as you practice more you will realize your "needs" when it comes to AR's.

Though, I am sure Grant's new BCM rifle would make you happy.

mysak
08-16-13, 00:35
Where can I find a KAC upper?

Mariley85
08-16-13, 00:47
Where in Kalifornia? I just moved from Orange County a few months ago and www.riflegear.com was my favorite EBR shop. And their stock on hand is almost back to normal.

WWW.RIFLEGEAR.COM

mysak
08-16-13, 00:50
Central Valley

Mariley85
08-16-13, 01:08
north or south valley?

this is a friend of mine in Tehachapi. give him a call, his prices are competitive.

http://gunsupfirearms.com/

ginzomatic
08-16-13, 09:48
Do not really feel like building one, budget is around 1500-2k.
Anywhere from 14.5 - 16 mainly for doing short-mid range work. Any suggestions?

I recently got a DDV5 for $1400 and couldnt be happier with it. Im in almost 3k after the optic and rest of the stuff on it, but I am in awe of the rifle.

SteveS
08-16-13, 10:20
Get a Colt, BCM or DD. Lots of dealers are carrying them. BCM and DD make a middy. I would get a middy if possible. Very smooth to shoot.
I would go along with post . There is no better quality for the money than these manufactures. This is the classic buy once cry once!