PDA

View Full Version : Southnarc Armed Movement in Structures,Casa Grande, AZNov 16/17

Cecil Burch
08-15-13, 12:15
I am extremely happy to announce Craig Douglas, aka Southnarc, will be returning to AZ and conducting his Armed Movement in Structures course on Nov. 16-17, 2013, Sat-Sun, in Casa Grande. The class will be at a large unoccupied building perfect for this class. All work is with airsoft munitions. Tuition is $450. Contact me at Cecil.Burch@gmail.com to register. As of today, there are three spots available. If you are interested, I would encourage you to get a deposit in ASAP.

This is not the typical team oriented CQB course. It is designed for the private citizen or individual LEO who has to deal with moving through a building (house/office/etc.) alone.

Armed Movement in Structures:

The ShivWorks Armed Movement in Structures (AMIS) course is a twenty hour block of instruction focusing on negotiating movement problems within structures with limited or no resources. Realizing that moving through a structure that contains armed hostiles, perhaps by one’s self, is probably the most dangerous task one can undertake, the best options for winning a confrontation are presented with the qualification that there is no safe way to do this.

Day One (12 hours):
- Viewing the environment in terms of the unseen
- Vertical, Horizontal, and Diagonal planes of visual obscurement
- Distance variables and the visual apex
- Threshold evaluation
- Dynamic and Deliberate movement
- Room Entry factors (known versus unknown)
- Minimizing multiple exposure
- Modifying the fighting platform to conform to cover and concealment
- Re-setting/Disrupting the adversary’s OODA loop
- Chalk board exercises
- Dry-runs
- FoF evolutions
- Low-light module

Day Two (8 hours)
- Practical Exercises for egress, search, and third-party rescue

Weapon & Gear Class Requirements:
- Airsoft pistol
- Airsoft ammunition
- Wrap around eye/face protection suitable for Airsoft and man-marking cartridges
- Holster
- Groin protection
- Flashlight
- Notebook
- Good Attitude