PDA

View Full Version : Wounded warriors snubbed at Walter Reed dining hall

platoonDaddy
08-15-13, 12:35
supposedly this friggin policy has been reversed, but the troops haven't been notified. Friend is a naval doctor at Walter Reed, I have just reached out for some intel.

Insult to Injury: Wounded warriors snubbed at Walter Reed dining hall

By Justin Fishel, Jennifer Griffin
Published August 15, 2013
FoxNews.com

In a disturbing revelation about the treatment of America's most severely wounded troops, Fox News has learned the military earlier this month decided to invalidate meal tickets and reduce hours for the sole dining facility in the Walter Reed building where they are recovering.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/08/15/insult-to-injury-wounded-warriors-snubbed-at-walter-reed-dining-hall/

Edit: The military earlier this month decided to invalidate meal tickets and reduce hours for the Warrior Cafe, the sole dining facility in building 62 -- home to all multiple amputees and long-term, recovering patients at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Bethesda, Md.

The wife of one of the veterans affected by the decision told Fox News on Thursday that her husband, Sgt. Josh Wetzel, just received confirmation that the military was reversing course.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/08/15/military-reverses-opens-dining-hall-to-wounded-warriors-after-fox-news/

glocktogo
08-15-13, 13:48
My problem is the Pentagon failure to address exactly why they felt it necessary to make the change or communicate it to the troops. :(

_Stormin_
08-15-13, 16:44
Probably just some bureaucrats thoughts on saving a few dollars. Cost cutting is getting ridiculous... We have to pay for the President's dog's jet fuel somehow.

skydivr
08-15-13, 20:15
They had to save money somewhere to provide bennies for same-sex couples....

Armati
08-15-13, 20:59
My wife works in Bldg 62.

This is just like taking away mid-rats and lunch from troops in Afghanistan. The DoD decided to save a few dollars by ****ing over over 'Joe.'

Apparently, the only place we can cut the DoD budget is chow. Clearly we have maximized cost savings in every other area and now need to make sure Joe doesn't get an extra plate.

Support the troops!

MountainRaven
08-15-13, 21:02
They had to save money somewhere to provide bennies for same-sex couples....

Paying to fight a war half a world away ain't cheap. Especially not when practically everything has to be shipped there from here.

The tax benes of being married are small change compared to that.

SteyrAUG
08-15-13, 22:55
Paying to fight a war half a world away ain't cheap. Especially not when practically everything has to be shipped there from here.

The tax benes of being married are small change compared to that.

Taking from those wounded fighting those wars is hardly the place to start saving money. In fact it is about the last place to start. Sometimes you have to fight expensive wars half a world away.

I don't know what it cost to actually find and kill OBL but I'm ok with every penny.

kry226
08-16-13, 12:35
Looks like there's been a change of heart...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/08/15/military-reverses-opens-dining-hall-to-wounded-warriors-after-fox-news/

The U.S. military has reversed a string of decisions that would have restricted access for severely wounded troops to a popular dining hall at Walter Reed hospital, after Fox News began reporting on complaints from veterans and their families.

jpmuscle
08-16-13, 18:19
Taking from those wounded fighting those wars is hardly the place to start saving money. In fact it is about the last place to start. Sometimes you have to fight expensive wars half a world away.

I don't know what it cost to actually find and kill OBL but I'm ok with every penny.

Just think of how big the NSA's budget is in comparison :eek: