PDA

View Full Version : Does BCM allocate free swag according to your purchase history?

1911-A1
08-15-13, 18:01
I've ordered thousands of dollars of stuff from BCM. The amount of free stuff they included in the box has increased a great deal over time. The values of the orders have remained more or less consistent.

Order 1: Catalog, BCM sticker.

Order 2: Hat, stickers, catalog

Order 3: Hat, stickers, catalog, patches

Order 4: Hat, stickers, patches, catalog, poster

Order 5: Higher quality hat, lots of stickers, patches, catalog, 10 posters, Make Ready DVD, SLiP 2000 sample, 18-year old cheerleader with poor impulse control.

BCM is my favorite anything ever.

fourXfour
08-15-13, 18:34
I'm a little jealous of order 5....

I found that my orders for uppers/rifles had the most swag. The swag gets a little better when they have to fix an order too.

William B.
08-15-13, 18:49
I don't think so. I've only made one order with Bravo Company and with it I received 4 posters, 3 stickers, a Filthy 14 article, a pretty gnarly hat, and a Panteao/Travis Haley DVD.

GeorgiaBoy
08-15-13, 18:55
I received everything in order 5 when I ordered an upper from Rainier a few months ago (for the first time from Rainier).

Iraqgunz
08-15-13, 19:16
Based on my experience over the years (and what I saw when I was there) when you order a URG you pretty much get stickers, posters, hat in every order. Smaller orders would get the stickers, mousepad, etc...

No.6
08-15-13, 21:01
Not fair! All I've ever gotten was what was on the order, a packing slip/receipt and the box it came in. What am I doing wrong? Is there some secret handshake or order code word? Or have I had my orders packed by some irritated warehouse guy? LOL

C4IGrant
08-15-13, 21:06
I've ordered thousands of dollars of stuff from BCM. The amount of free stuff they included in the box has increased a great deal over time. The values of the orders have remained more or less consistent.

Order 5: Higher quality hat, lots of stickers, patches, catalog, 10 posters, Make Ready DVD, SLiP 2000 sample, 18-year old cheerleader with poor impulse control.

BCM is my favorite anything ever.

No. They just keep increasing the SWAG!

C4

jwfuhrman
08-15-13, 21:15
Its amazing how well they can fit those 18 year old cheer leading prom queens in that small of a box, there's 15-16 in my basement.

Empty BCM Boxes that is, not cheer leading prom queens. My name isn't Ariel Castro after all......

Too soon?

Grand58742
08-15-13, 21:22
Based on my experience over the years (and what I saw when I was there) when you order a URG you pretty much get stickers, posters, hat in every order. Smaller orders would get the stickers, mousepad, etc...

I never got a mousepad...

Guess I'll have to keep ordering until I get one :D

lunchbox
08-15-13, 21:32

BCM is my favorite anything ever.Yet another reason to order up for new project. I was just sayn to wife; with the flood of parts coming in, and prices(except ammo), I might have to take back all the bad things I said about the DIMcracks and anti-gunners..

Ryno12
08-15-13, 21:33

My last order I got one. Perfect timing too, my old one was shotski.

Sent via Tapatalk

NCPatrolAR
08-15-13, 21:48
No swag in any of the orders I've placed over the years.

_Stormin_
08-15-13, 21:52

I have one I can send if you want it. Got it with my last Aimpoint from them and had a chuckle. Haven't used a mouse in years.

Zane1844
08-15-13, 22:12
You get stickers, and NRA pamphlet with small orders, uppers get the full package- in my experience.

I was hoping they would know I ordered from before and would give the second DVD in the Haley and Rogers training series.

SteyrAUG
08-15-13, 22:50
And THIS is why you don't order budget brand ARs, sure they come with a cheerleader with poor impulse control, but like the rifle it will be a bit disappointing.

http://www.chilloutpoint.com/images/2009/march/ugly-cheerleaders/ugly-cheerleaders02.jpg

Grand58742
08-15-13, 22:56
And THIS is why you don't order budget brand ARs, sure they come with a cheerleader with poor impulse control, but like the rifle it will be a bit disappointing.

Just so many shades of wrong I don't even know where to begin...

Grand58742
08-15-13, 23:07
I have one I can send if you want it. Got it with my last Aimpoint from them and had a chuckle. Haven't used a mouse in years.

Nah, appreciate it though. Was more of a joke than anything...

But BCM, if you're LISTENING?!??! :jester:

SeriousStudent
08-15-13, 23:11
Nah, appreciate it though. Was more of a joke than anything...

But BCM, if you're LISTENING?!??! :jester:

I think I have a BCM mousepad somewhere. If I find it, you can have it, I'll send it to you.

theblackknight
08-15-13, 23:13
I have soo many gunfighter stickers.

sent from mah gun,using my sights

ST911
08-15-13, 23:18
Various mouse pads, stickers, hats, etc. I've gotten Panteao videos with complete guns. With the exception of the videos with the rifles, there's no correlation of swag quantity or type to the order.

Split66
08-15-13, 23:21
All I got was an autographed CD of Pat Rogers singing "uptown girl" or some shit. I shipped it to MarkM by request. That pie hole still hasnt upped my iTrader rating.

_Stormin_
08-15-13, 23:32
OK, the above had me laughing for a solid minute.

Grand58742
08-15-13, 23:58
I think I have a BCM mousepad somewhere. If I find it, you can have it, I'll send it to you.

No, it's nothing more than a joke. I promise. Appreciate it though.

I have soo many gunfighter stickers.

sent from mah gun,using my sights

You aren't kidding! Gunfighter stickers, Larue Tactical stickers, Magpul stickers, Sig stickers, Surefire stickers, H&K stickers......burned the Cheaper than Dirt stickers so those aren't around any longer.

If I ever get a dedicated reloading and gunsmith bench, I know what I'm plastering the back wall with.

SteyrAUG
08-16-13, 00:10
No, it's nothing more than a joke. I promise. Appreciate it though.

You aren't kidding! Gunfighter stickers, Larue Tactical stickers, Magpul stickers, Sig stickers, Surefire stickers, H&K stickers......burned the Cheaper than Dirt stickers so those aren't around any longer.

If I ever get a dedicated reloading and gunsmith bench, I know what I'm plastering the back wall with.

I've got enough stickers to make anything look like a sponsored Indy Car. Stacks of them going back to the mid 80s.

Don Robison
08-16-13, 00:49
Never gotten a mouse pad or a cheerleader, but I have a lot of hats, posters, and stickers.

I'll trade a bunch of hats and stickers for a college age cheerleader...............and not from the school Steyr posted. :jester:

Iraqgunz
08-16-13, 01:13
I use all the stickers to blacken the windows of the rape van without it being too obvious.

Todd00000
08-16-13, 02:43
Nope, first time I ordered from BCM, it was a $1,500 order, I got hats, AR training DVDs, and stickers.

SteyrAUG
08-16-13, 02:44
Never gotten a mouse pad or a cheerleader, but I have a lot of hats, posters, and stickers.

I'll trade a bunch of hats and stickers for a college age cheerleader...............and not from the school Steyr posted. :jester:

You know you want the DPMS girl.

:D

jaxman7
08-16-13, 05:06
During the seriously crazy time earlier this year I ordered a barrel from them and all I received was a hat. No stickers or anything else. Not complaining at all. I don't feel entitled to free stuff but I chalk it up to BCM being overloaded with orders and being low on swag at the time. It does seem to me that there is a certain purchase amount that increases the swag from just stickers to other things such as hats, posters, mouse pads, videos, etc. Ive probaby placed 6-7 small orders this year (all less than $100) and all had stickers and nothing else. My orders that were larger included more 'stuff'. Interesting to hear that some have never received anything.

-Jax

No.6
08-16-13, 07:39

If "she" is the DPMS "girl", that fact alone should be enough to make anyone shy away from a Bushmaster. (a little double entendre there)
:jester:

Grand58742
08-16-13, 09:53

Meh, not so bad...

http://www.gunlistings.org/texas-gun-classifieds/dallas__fort_worth/rifles/153917/dpms_oracle_2235.56_nato_ar15_muddy_girl_camo

JSantoro
08-16-13, 10:04
No swag in any of the orders I've placed over the years.

My mind just flashed to the Charlie Brown Halloween episode.

Characters discuss what treats/delicacies they got from the last house, until they get to Charlie Brown: "I got a rock...." :(

LowSpeed_HighDrag
08-16-13, 11:01
Just ordered two uppers recently, got more swag than I know what to do with really. DVD's, stickers, posters, lube, etc.

mtdawg169
08-16-13, 12:16
I've got a ton of stickers over the years, but no hat. Largest single items I've ordered were a barrel from BCM and a complete lower from one of their dealers.

montanadave
08-16-13, 12:28
I was able to place an order for a BCM bcg yesterday AM. After reading this thread, I can honestly say I haven't been this excited about getting a package since Christmas 1965.

My memory is a little rusty, but it seems odd that an 18-year-old cheerleader would need Slip 2000. But, hey, it's free swag, so whatever.

Ryno12
08-16-13, 12:43
My memory is a little rusty, but it seems odd that an 18-year-old cheerleader would need Slip 2000. But, hey, it's free swag, so whatever.

When I was 18, we used EWL. :D

Sent via Tapatalk

Grand58742
08-16-13, 12:49
My memory is a little rusty, but it seems odd that an 18-year-old cheerleader would need Slip 2000.

Actually you should be using Slip 1995 as a legal number

:jester:

ST911
08-16-13, 13:09
The unfortunate side effect to the promotional swag is that the market increasingly views it as an entitlement rather than the gift or bonus that it is. Witness all the threads comparing notes and asking about disparities.

That's not a swipe at you OP, just sayin.

Bulletdog
08-16-13, 13:34
I got a hat with each upper.

Thanks BCM. A whole lot of great conversations have been started with those hats. I'm happy to say that there is less ignorance in the world about "black rifles" due to BCM's free hat policy.

fixit69
08-16-13, 13:46
I order parts mainly, not uppers, but have loads of stickers, hats, catalogs, etc... Just ordered two bcgs can't wait to see what's next. Time for a shirt or new hat.

Doc Safari
08-16-13, 14:57
My gun safe and prepper stash ammo cans are covered in BCM, Bravo Company, and BCM Gunfighter stickers. I have given away more catalogs than Sportsman's Guide it seems.

Safetyhit
08-16-13, 15:16
The unfortunate side effect to the promotional swag is that the market increasingly views it as an entitlement rather than the gift or bonus that it is. Witness all the threads comparing notes and asking about disparities.

A great point, this coming from someone who's son a few years ago placed such BCM stickers on our house windows, a wall or two and my workout bench. I was glad to get them along with a couple other items, but a thread like this makes you think about the practical ramifications they may face for being so generous.

Bottom line is that the giveaways are an expense which takes away from their bottom line, yet they send them to us with our order anyway (except for NCPatrolcar :(). And on top of that they accompany reasonably priced, top of the line products so there really is no actual downside.

mtdawg169
08-16-13, 15:43

True. I give away the stickers to buddies just to remind them where to get good gear. I'm just going to have to buy a hat with my next order. The swag is just a nice touch by BCM and a small part of what makes them a great company. It's like a small thank you in every box!

1911-A1
08-16-13, 16:16

Knowing I'll get some extra goodies in the box is something I look forward to, and helps keep bringing me back. BCM is well aware of this, otherwise they wouldn't do it.

I hope this thread comes across as appreciative above all else.

HES
08-16-13, 21:37
So what sort of warranty does the cheerleader come with?

fixit69
08-16-13, 23:03
Is she at least MPI and HPT?

Mauser KAR98K
08-17-13, 11:28

Good one.

a1fabweld
08-17-13, 12:41
They used to send hats, stickers, & mouse pads. Then they sent posters and DVD's also. The DVDs were, well, I gave them away. The hats are sweet though! Thanks BCM!

Grand58742
08-17-13, 20:28

Have this funny feeling she might look like THIS (http://www.tintoyarcade.com/product_images/i/tta1572_cheer_boogie_bot__27351.jpg) if she is...

LowSpeed_HighDrag
08-24-13, 01:03
So what does everyone do with all that "swag" anyways?

My gun work bench:
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f198/glockfire/DSC_0287_zps7f82a08f.jpg (http://s47.photobucket.com/user/glockfire/media/DSC_0287_zps7f82a08f.jpg.html)

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f198/glockfire/DSC_0288_zpsed665862.jpg (http://s47.photobucket.com/user/glockfire/media/DSC_0288_zpsed665862.jpg.html)

Ouroborous
08-24-13, 01:34
I have BCM stickers all over my range ammo box and wear the hat from time to time. Never got any patches though.

I gave all my posters to my gunsmith to hang in his shop. They make his place look good and have the added benefit of inspiring confidence in his customers since clearly he has good taste:)

montanadave
08-24-13, 06:36
Well, I got two stickers. No hat, no patches, no posters, no DVDs, and NO eighteen-year-old cheerleader.

Clearly, I suck.

3 AE
08-24-13, 09:37
Well, I got two stickers. No hat, no patches, no posters, no DVDs, and NO eighteen-year-old cheerleader.

Clearly, I suck.

No, you don't suck. Just consider yourself and "NCPatrolAR" as the rare victims of the BCM "Swag Nazi"!

"Swag"
"Swag"
"Swag"
"Swag"
"Swag"

One thousand orders later:

"NO SWAG FOR YOU!" :nono:

Kain
08-24-13, 14:38
So far from BCM I've gotten stickers, hats, lube, more stickers, and enough posters that going by the current trend in three to four more orders I'll be able to wall paper my bedroom with them. Would take a mouse pad though, that would be cool. :)