PDA

View Full Version : Dillon Backorder Shipping

Bimmer
08-16-13, 23:24
The good: I just rec'd the .223/5.56 dies that I ordered from Dillon back in May.

The bad: I'm still waiting on the .308/7.62 dies that I ordered.

The ugly: Dillon is charging $17.49 for "shipping and handling" to send the dies separately, on top of the $19.99 to ship the rest of my order.

This seems a exorbitant to me... it's nice that Dillon didn't raise prices and gouge all of us who have swamped them with orders for their dies, but charging $17.49 to ship a small box is essentially a 20% price hike.

Buyer beware...

bluejackets92fs
08-17-13, 00:24
My store just got five 550B presses that we ordered back in July. Dies are slow to arrive though. Just nice to see stuff coming back around.

RearwardAssist
08-17-13, 01:31
That is wierd as us locals get backorders shipped for free last time I checked. had a item that was oos during the panic and they said well just have it shipped to you free of charge. I don't think that's cool either unless they gave you the option of waiting until it was complete and shipping togther.

polymorpheous
08-17-13, 05:04
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT......

Order your Dillon stuff through a member here called Chadbags, (eGuns.com).
You won't have to deal with stupidity, and he's a hell of a nice guy.

platoonDaddy
08-17-13, 05:43

What he said.

Sparky5019
08-17-13, 09:06
I know...still waiting on .223/5.56 size trim die for RT 1200.

Since April.

Bimmer
08-17-13, 20:15

Woulda, shoulda, coulda... I know. I can't remember why I didn't go to Chadbags.

AFAIK, Dillon wasn't charging extra to ship backorders when I placed my order, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered.

Now I'm simply irked at Dillon for charging me a total of $55 in shipping.

Bimmer
10-23-13, 22:35
To follow up... I received the second set of dies I ordered, and there was no extra shipping charge applied.

Not so bad a deal, after all...