PDA

View Full Version : What RMR Variant

glock17fan
08-17-13, 21:11
This may have already been discuss but sent Glock 19 slide to L&M for RMR cut. It is between the variant 2 and the variant 6. What are your thoughts. Also should I use the metal plate on the bottom between RMR and slide. Would appreciate info from you that run RMR's.

Dos Cylindros
08-17-13, 21:28
You should ask Mark at L&M about the metal plate, but as I understand it is a wise idea. I have been toying with the idea of the RMR02 or the RMR06 and I think ultimately I will go wit the 02 for simplicity sake. Of the RMR's it seems that the 02 as a slightly better track record for durability when compared to the adjustable RMR's. You really should pop over to lightfighter and read up on the red dot handgun thread as it has the most information (meaning no BS information) I have found on the subject.

If you look on warrior talk (a suspect board at best), it is all roses and kittens when they talk about RMR'd handguns. Not so on lightfighter. There are many reports of the RMR's crapping out in as few as 2500 rounds, requiring a trip back to Trijicion to repair. I want an RMR setup very badly, but I am not going to invest that kind of money until the technology is capable of withstanding the forces applied to it when mounted directly to a handgun slide. From what I have read so far, we are not quite there yet.

kodiakpb
08-17-13, 22:17
Yes you should use a RM68 with your RMR on your G19...if you want to keep it water tight. There will be a very slight overhang of the RMR on each side. The RM68 (plate) will keep it sealed.

MrMiller
08-18-13, 18:19
Yes you should use a RM68 with your RMR on your G19...if you want to keep it water tight. There will be a very slight overhang of the RMR on each side. The RM68 (plate) will keep it sealed.

This ^^^^^

The RMR overhangs the small frame Glock slides such that the outside edge of the O-Ring is visible and the O-Ring seals right near the edge of the slide.
The RM-63 sealing plate insures that the O-Ring has full surface to seal against.

Not required but it is cheap insurance.

This is not an issue on the large frame slides as they are already as wide as the RMR.

kodiakpb
08-18-13, 21:23
Thanks for the correction RM63

glock17fan
08-19-13, 09:02
I appreciate all the advise. Since I first started the post I have put the project on hold. Things at home take precedence and something came up like a new dishwasher. :sad:

Nola_Jack
08-19-13, 13:22
I've got a 19 with RM02 on an atom mount that I am VERY pleased with. I would recommend all of the components and shops to anyone. Mark does amazing work, the atom mount is a great concept and the RM02 is the best RMR, and possibly the best dot for a pistol reguardless of manufacturer.

BTL BRN
08-20-13, 10:56
Seems that you have moved on by your posts; but I have experience with an RMR'd Glock (G19 and RM02). Originally I put a simple piece of electrical tape between the slide and the optic, but I didn't get anywhere near the battery life I was supposed to - only about 4 months as opposed to a year. I have since begun using the insulative plate and things improved substantially, so in my case it appears to benefit more than just being more resistant to water.