PDA

View Full Version : 16" intermediate gas port size

bravofour
08-18-13, 17:48
Hey guys, some of you may be familiar with the 16" intermediate barrels that Noveske makes for mstn. I want to replicate this barrel for my 3-gun rifle. Does anyone know what the proper gas port size would be? I plan on running an adjustable gas block so it may not matter. I have a Noveske 18" intermediate that I want to cut 2" off of. Will I be fine with the factory gas port size with an adjustable gas block??

bp7178
08-18-13, 17:56
I sold my Noveske intermediate barrel a while ago, but I thought it was right about 0.093".

bravofour
08-18-13, 19:27
Any reason you sold it?

bp7178
08-18-13, 19:32
At the time there was talk that my department would allow personally owned carbines, provided they were manufactured by a list of companies, which lead to its sale and the purchase of an SR15-E3.

I wish I would have kept it. The best group I ever shot was with that barrel.

Clint
08-18-13, 19:45
Hey guys, some of you may be familiar with the 16" intermediate barrels that Noveske makes for mstn. I want to replicate this barrel for my 3-gun rifle. Does anyone know what the proper gas port size would be? I plan on running an adjustable gas block so it may not matter. I have a Noveske 18" intermediate that I want to cut 2" off of. Will I be fine with the factory gas port size with an adjustable gas block??

What is the current size?

bp7178
08-18-13, 21:09
To the OPs question, Noveske gas ports tend to be on the large size, so I'm sure you'd be fine with the factory 18" intermediate gas port size.

There was a long thread about gas port sizes on this site. The info therein may be helpful.

Clint
08-18-13, 21:30
That's what I was getting to.

Strong gassing for an 18" should be the same port as weak gassing for a 16", perfect for 3 gun with brake.

Just wanted the existing size to confirm.

To the OPs question, Noveske gas ports tend to be on the large size, so I'm sure you'd be fine with the factory 18" intermediate gas port size.

There was a long thread about gas port sizes on this site. The info therein may be helpful.