PDA

View Full Version : Glock 32 for duty/combat/concealed carry?

topgun84
08-18-13, 21:38
MSG,

I recently have started running a Glock 32 out of curiosity. Ive been a 19 and 17 model guy for years and wanted to try something new. What are your thoughts on the .357 Sig caliber on the glock platform. More especially as a combat and concealed carry piece. Drawbacks, advantages etc. Any advice or opinions are greatly appreciated. Take care and stay safe.

Larry Vickers
08-26-13, 17:22
No real experience with it and I honestly don't know anyone who carries one- sorry I can't be more help

Bulldog7972
08-27-13, 18:07
I believe Paul Howe carries one and likes it.

ST911
08-27-13, 22:25
This was originally posted in LAV's SME section. Larry, since you've responded and referred OP to others, if you have no objection I'll carry this into the semi-auto forum and let others see if they can contribute.

OP- My experience with the G32 is light, but instructive. I can repeat all the descriptors commonly associated with 357 Auto in general, adding the commonly noted quirks of shooting the G23 frame. Regular RSA replacement in gen 3 and previous is critical to prevent accelerated wear.

John Farnam has written up his experiences with the G32, and his info is consistent with others. Google got me several results, and a scan of his Quips produced a few more.

Sum: The juice isn't worth the squeeze.

warpedcamshaft
08-27-13, 23:15
I can confirm that Paul Howe was using one (Gen 3 if my memory is correct) in class in January of this year... speaking from firsthand experience... Perhaps he will reply as he does comment on M4c from time to time.

Also, he commented on the Glock 32's sensitivity to sand at one point... I would encourage readers to check into his comments via his website and monthly newsletters.

KTR03
08-28-13, 01:26
I carried a Glock 32 for several years and fired over 20k rounds through it (worked at a commercial reloader....). I found the gun to be very accurate and very reliable but not durable. I carried it with 125 gr gold dots. This round is very tough on guns and doesn't really offer much over a g19. I broke a trigger pin, a locking block, the lock spring (not the right term) that resulted in the slide going down range. I then cracked the slide right beneath the ejection port. Finally I sheared the lug off the barrel. I now have 4 Glock 19s.

They are not worth the trouble.

Damen

johnnyrebel87
08-29-13, 09:17
Paul Howe did I n his videos.

rickmy
08-29-13, 09:44
I think it's funny and kinda feel like a tool talking for Paul Howe but when I attended his rifle instructor school he had discontinued use of the Glock .357 because the mags did not function well when sandy/muddy.