PDA

View Full Version : P-Mags, P-Mags everywhere...

Slater
04-19-08, 16:59
Went to a local gun show today looking for nothing in particular. One thing I noticed were the stacks and stacks of P-Mags on dealers' tables, in some cases outnumbering the conventional mags. Average price seemed to be around $15.

Is this the slow demise of the aluminum mag or will that type always be with us?

Severian
04-19-08, 17:27
blank

NoBody
04-19-08, 17:33
Perhaps everyone is stocking up for an anticipated (new) AWB following the presidential elections. :eek:

Buckaroo
04-19-08, 19:35
I just sold 10 brand new aluminum mags and will replace them with Pmags.

I figure that they will last longer and be worth more if a ban does come to pass.

Buckaroo

NoBody
04-19-08, 20:19
Yeah, I sold nearly all of my USGI and colt mags for Pmags as well. They are just a superior magazine (with the exception of the use of stripper clips). :D

Saginaw79
04-19-08, 20:45
Personally I can't think of a good enough reason to continue buying aluminum mags. I own a couple dozen GI mags and will probably continue using them until they are worn out, or just keep them as backups (or historical artifacts :p ), but I doubt I will be buying anymore over the PMags.

+1 the ONLY think they have on PMags is price, and in many cases they are so close anyway its a moot point

NCPatrolAR
04-20-08, 00:11
I keep a mix of PMAGs and alum. mags around due to have one slightly out of spec lower that wont drop PMAGs.

Blake
04-20-08, 00:24
I just sold 10 brand new aluminum mags and will replace them with Pmags.

I figure that they will last longer and be worth more if a ban does come to pass.

Buckaroo

Why sell any high capapcity mags if there is fear of a new AWB? I'll say even slightly shitty mags are better than no mags.

NoBody
04-20-08, 12:07
Why sell any high capapcity mags if there is fear of a new AWB? I'll say even slightly shitty mags are better than no mags.

I'm not worried about a new AWB....my worrying won't change a thing. I just want to upgrade my magazine supply and selling my old magazines is an easy way to upgrade without dealing with any wife issues. ;)

MassMark
04-20-08, 12:32
Well, we here in Massachusetts are the only real foster-children to the P-Mag revolution. We can have all the pre-ban 30's we want, but no P-Mags...Insane isn't it?
I am locked in to life in Massachusetts for the foreseeable future, so unless there's a major change in Massachusetts gun laws, (yeah right), USGI aluminum is our only option. Bring us your tired, but not weary and useable pre-bans and we shall overcome.... :)

Deadcenter45
04-20-08, 17:12
Well, we here in Massachusetts are the only real foster-children to the P-Mag revolution. We can have all the pre-ban 30's we want, but no P-Mags...Insane isn't it?
I am locked in to life in Massachusetts for the foreseeable future, so unless there's a major change in Massachusetts gun laws, (yeah right), USGI aluminum is our only option. Bring us your tired, but not weary and useable pre-bans and we shall overcome.... :)

Well, that sucks, at least you can upgrade the followers and springs with Magpul products!

NoBody
04-20-08, 17:23

Relief is on the way, Mark. Your Colt mags should arrive by Wednesday! :D

Saginaw79
04-20-08, 17:23
In thoery if you were to upgrade an existing mag with a new floorplate, follower and body why couldnt they be PMag ones?

IIRC most bans allow for upgrades and replacement of existing part as long as you have the parts your replacing ;)

MassMark
04-20-08, 20:56
In thoery if you were to upgrade an existing mag with a new floorplate, follower and body why couldnt they be PMag ones?

IIRC most bans allow for upgrades and replacement of existing part as long as you have the parts your replacing ;)

That's the funny thing about Mass law - you can indeed rebuild your mags...Floorplates, followers, springs etc...Hell, you can even buy a rebuild "kit" with all the components and mix-n-match. I don't know if I want to test it with the obviously new beautiful P-Mag body though - the politicos here are loco....

I'll take the USGI mags for now and upgrade them as needed to the best mags they can be...In the meantime, I'm just happy to have the mags I do and am enjoying reading about your P-mag joy...Maybe one day....

BTW - thanks NoBody! Looking forward to the 20's - thanks for the help and I'm glad I could help you make room for P-mags - it's a win-win! :)

Slater
04-20-08, 21:57
How long before we're flooded with the Chinese counterfeit P-Mags (or are they already here?).

Gutshot John
04-21-08, 15:12
How many p-mags (or regular mags) is realistic to have on hand?

10? 20? more? less?

frbowers
04-21-08, 15:21

10? 20? more? less?

As many as you can afford. Depends on how much you shoot and how quickly you go through them. 30 minimum.

markm
04-21-08, 15:39

10? 20? more? less?

87!!!!!

Gutshot John
04-21-08, 15:42
Cool just checking...Just ordered more. :D

Buckaroo
04-21-08, 18:54
87!!!!!

Can I quote you? :D

mhmills
04-23-08, 03:56
I buy a few more with every order from Brownells.

RojasTKD
04-23-08, 13:42
P-Mags, P-Mags everywhere...

And that is as it should be! ;)