PDA

View Full Version : X300 Ultra Flickers

aaron_c
08-20-13, 21:38
Have any of you guys with experience on the X300 Ultra noticed that, unless you really bear down on it hard (uncomfortably hard), the light will 'flicker' and dim when using the momentary press function? I'm wondering because it does it when pressing on the left side but doesn't seem to on the right side. Not sure if I should contact Surefire about it or not.

thopkins22
08-20-13, 22:06
I'd call Surefire, their customer service is truly second to none. They'll get you sorted out satisfactorily...because no, that's not supposed to happen.

Vandal
08-20-13, 23:22
Could be something as simple as a dirty contact point if you're good at taking stuff apart and getting it back together I'd take a look at the contacts and clean them with some rubbing alcohol. If you're not comfortable doing that, call SureFire. I'm sure they'll take good care of you.

How long have you had the light and how much use has it seen?

og556
08-21-13, 00:30
First try new Surefire CR123 batteries and see if you can reproduce the issue.

If the issues persist with new batteries call Surefire ASAP. They are the last company that large I have dealt with that has an absolutely no BS warranty with unparalleled customer service.

aaron_c
08-21-13, 06:24
I just got the thing on Monday but I'll check the contacts, try new batteries, and keep everyone posted!

Edit: by the way Vandal, welcome to the Sun Belt Conference, from a huge Warhawk fan!

aaron_c
08-21-13, 19:31
Okay guys, I tried those things and had no luck (especially strange that it's only one side of the switch). I emailed Surefire to ask them if they had any recommendations to try and fix it, and their response was "a new one is on its way". Incredible customer service!! Buy once cry once may be true, but if you ever have an issue, you smile ear to ear. I've had this experience with some other companies who have taken great care of me when I've had a problem with their gear.

jaxman7
08-21-13, 19:44
Awesome but no surprise. Product quality maybe most important but CS is right up there in my decision to buy and Surefire's is fantastic. Good to hear you're taken care of.

-Jax

thopkins22
08-21-13, 20:05
Indeed...they never give you any runaround. Surefire customer service is the best I've ever encountered in any industry.

WS6
08-21-13, 21:48
Okay guys, I tried those things and had no luck (especially strange that it's only one side of the switch). I emailed Surefire to ask them if they had any recommendations to try and fix it, and their response was "a new one is on its way". Incredible customer service!! Buy once cry once may be true, but if you ever have an issue, you smile ear to ear. I've had this experience with some other companies who have taken great care of me when I've had a problem with their gear.

Surefire makes stuff that works, or fixes it so fast that you scarcely remember it not working. This is why you T&E a new setup before fielding it. Even "perfect" can fail, sometimes.

That said, in the future if any contacts become dirty, I have had good luck with "gun-scrubber" type electronic cleaner. It is made for electronic connections, and is polymer-safe. You can find it in the automotive section at any reasonably sized store, gas station, etc.

nimdabew
08-22-13, 10:04
All my weapon lights are Surefire lights because of this. They sent me a whole new G2 after I started having problems with my old one. Same thing with my E2D when I had a bad tail cap after a... little abuse.