PDA

View Full Version : Shops that do quality stipple work? In south Florida?

PatrioticDisorder
08-21-13, 19:14
Thinking about getting my M&Ps stippled. I've seen some of the shops online that do this, Coldbore, Damato & Boresight Solutions. Maybe I'm dreaming but I'd love to find a shop that does it locally, somewhere in south Florida (boresight solutions is blocks from a clinic I'm at on Wednesdays, but I know Ben's way backed up). Anybody know of anyone down here in south Florida that do quality work? I was checkin out Damato's work and the starburst pattern looks pretty sweet...

d90king
08-21-13, 19:30
Personally, I would wait on Bens work. Its that good and he is a great dude.

Jason Weekley
08-21-13, 19:31
Ben have done 7 pistols for me, we'll worth the wait. I'm currently on his wait list. Being patient pays off when you get a boresight gun In your hands.

PatrioticDisorder
08-21-13, 20:39
Ben have done 7 pistols for me, we'll worth the wait. I'm currently on his wait list. Being patient pays off when you get a boresight gun In your hands.

Too bad for me he doesn't just do local work. I was reading on his facebook he was talking about a 2+ year wait. That's INSANE, I'm definitely not willing to wait that long. The work he does on Glocks does look well worth the wait, amazing grip reductions. However, stippling an M&P seems like it would be a very simple & relatively quick job for someone who knows what they're doing, certainly NOT worth waiting 2 years for. I'd do it myself, but I have zero experience and would hate to goof my gun up.

Jason Weekley
08-21-13, 20:46
I don't know about 2+ years I've had to wait for my number to come up. The longest he's ever had any if my guns was 3 months. The shorted was a few weeks.

I've had another well know company do a redux/stipple job on a glock it was nice, Bens work is by far better and his attention to dets is seconds to none.

Here's one of mine he has recently worked on
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=130596

PatrioticDisorder
08-21-13, 21:05
I don't know about 2+ years I've had to wait for my number to come up. The longest he's ever had any if my guns was 3 months. The shorted was a few weeks.

I've had another well know company do a redux/stipple job on a glock it was nice, Bens work is by far better and his attention to dets is seconds to none.

Here's one of mine he has recently worked on
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=130596

So the longest he had it was 3 months? Did you have to wait to send it to him? Even a 3 month wait seems like an eternity.

Jason Weekley
08-21-13, 21:11
When Ben was taking general orders I sent my guns, he had the fit 3 months. The first wait list I was in I was number 6 he had this for 3 weeks. I'm currently on this wait list #172.

When the other well named company had my gun it took slightly over 3 months to get it back.

RogerinTPA
08-21-13, 21:37
When Ben was taking general orders I sent my guns, he had the fit 3 months. The first wait list I was in I was number 6 he had this for 3 weeks. I'm currently on this wait list #172.

When the other well named company had my gun it took slightly over 3 months to get it back.

Same here. 3 months to get my guns back.

OP, Ben's the only one I trust in south FL. I got a couple of M&Ps done a few years ago and the work is outstanding, but he is a busy dude. 2+ year waiting list holy hell. I'd look around with other folks to see what there waiting list is, then send them off. I wouldn't count on finding anyone with a 3-4 week turn around that does quality work.

SteveL
08-21-13, 21:51
Too bad for me he doesn't just do local work. I was reading on his facebook he was talking about a 2+ year wait. That's INSANE, I'm definitely not willing to wait that long. The work he does on Glocks does look well worth the wait, amazing grip reductions. However, stippling an M&P seems like it would be a very simple & relatively quick job for someone who knows what they're doing, certainly NOT worth waiting 2 years for. I'd do it myself, but I have zero experience and would hate to goof my gun up.

I say try doing it yourself. Get a soldering iron and test it out on one of the backstraps you don't use. After you've done a whole backstrap if you still don't feel comfortable doing it on the gun then you really haven't lost anything, but you'll more than likely see how easy it is and go to town on your gun. I was nervous the first time I tried it on one of mine and IMO they turned out great. Just plan carefully exactly where you want the stippling and mark the area out and go to work. You'll be done before you know it.

Serlo II
08-21-13, 21:54
If you can go beyond Florida - I'd check out Mod 1 firearms (https://www.facebook.com/mod1firearms?ref=br_tf) in Kentucky.
Fast and really great work.

PatrioticDisorder
08-21-13, 22:01
I say try doing it yourself. Get a soldering iron and test it out on one of the backstraps you don't use. After you've done a whole backstrap if you still don't feel comfortable doing it on the gun then you really haven't lost anything, but you'll more than likely see how easy it is and go to town on your gun. I was nervous the first time I tried it on one of mine and IMO they turned out great. Just plan carefully exactly where you want the stippling and mark the area out and go to work. You'll be done before you know it.

I might try this, maybe I'll buy a few extra back straps, they're not exactly expensive and start experimenting. Maybe once I get confident I'll attempt frame stippling...

RogerinTPA
08-21-13, 22:07

Agreed. That's what I did on my M&P9c, after practicing on Pmags and other plastic parts on one of my carbines. I'd advise you to take your time and go slow. It may take a couple or a few days, but it will be a much better outcome.